• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
I walked to school without noticing the weather. I wasn't prepared :(

Had snow on my windshield this morning.

Kuro in shambles.

740.gif

My wife and I are going to see Jack Reacher this weekend but I want to know if I should watch the first one before we do? Sorry for asking here but didn't know where to ask. We live in Mississauga. lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My wife and I are going to see Jack Reacher this weekend but I want to know if I should watch the first one before we do? Sorry for asking here but didn't know where to ask. We live in Mississauga. lol

This thread is more for the entire GTA than anything, so please feel free to come and post more!

As for Reacher, judging by the first movie only, you'll definitely want to see it first.

mr.rager

god man, sorry to hear that.

i had to call/submit resumes to about ... 12 recruiting companies? it sucks.. and i get to do it all again tomorrow. :(

Good luck with that man! We'll both find a job sooner or later!

Bah I hate those trial runs. I had one once and asked for materials or lesson plans beforehand. Oh don't worry, the teacher that is sick will give those to you. I didn't get jack fucking shit so I went in completely unprepared and didn't get called back.

Almost the same thing happened to me haha. The lady was like, i'll email you the stuff you need to do right after the interview (Friday night) but didn't get anything all weekend. I show up for the trial Monday morning and she's like Sorry I just sent you the email regarding the things you need to do. She sent it 20 minutes before the trial. And she knew I had to travel for 1 hour to get to the place lol.

Damn that sucks. It almost feels as if they are leading you on. I once had one where they paid my travel and everything and gave me the whole tour, just to find out that they hired somebody else later.

Good luck on your next one!

Bro, that's exactly how it was. Towards the end of the interview the manager lady would ask me questions that you normally wouldn't ask unless you were gonna hire this person for sure. I explained what happened to my gf, my brother and his gf and they were all like yeah, it looks like the job is yours. Another thing was I was interviewed by 2 people, one Japanese lady and the manager lady and throughout the interview the Japanese lady would say in Japanese (They didn't know I could understand Japanese lol) to the manager "I like this guy" "He seems very nice" "I have a good feeling about him" and she would agree. Then I woke up Thursday morning to an email saying someone else got the job. Felt gutted. But whatever! I'm over it! I got 2 interviews next week so that's something to look forward to!

gabbo

god man, sorry to hear that.

i had to call/submit resumes to about ... 12 recruiting companies? it sucks.. and i get to do it all again tomorrow. :(

Can you PM the names of some of those companies? I'm getting close to desperation mode looking for anything

Good luck with that man! We'll both find a job sooner or later!
Is there a 'Unemployed Toronto GAF', because I'm wit you two.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can you PM the names of some of those companies? I'm getting close to desperation mode looking for anything

Is there a 'Unemployed Toronto GAF', because I'm wit you two.
My advice is definitely to use those companies now and make your usual job search accounts with a resume and set it to searchable so people can contact you. There are also a lot of job fairs if you browse r/torontojobs and I recommend going to those.

"When you're unemployed, your full time job should be to look for a full time job"

krae_man

Looks like LTE is coming shortly with Wind.

They are selling a phone as forwards compatible.

The LG V20 is the first phone future ready for upcoming WIND services like LTE and Wi-Fi calling.

and it's only $1000!

centmoe

Banned
what is the best place to find part time work, moved to Toronto(Scarborough) from alberta for school.
not looking for anything high paying, just extra money to have on hand.

dluu13

what is the best place to find part time work, moved to Toronto(Scarborough) from alberta for school.
not looking for anything high paying, just extra money to have on hand.

What kind of jobs are you looking for? I've had a few friends who had luck getting full time jobs off indeed.ca but there are also a lot of part time listings there.

centmoe

Banned
What kind of jobs are you looking for? I've had a few friends who had luck getting full time jobs off indeed.ca but there are also a lot of part time listings there.

Basically anything that is not super focused on customer service, takes me awhile to get rid of shyness.

You're gonna get so fat.

I travel often for work across Canada and the US, but whenever I am in Montreal specifically, my lesson learned is always order a small order of poutine. Always. I initially had this somewhat negative opinion on the portions for poutine, and assumed that you would have to order a medium size if you wanted to get a decent amount.... only to find out a medium order was basically a vat of poutine overload.

Long story short, since my parents raised me to never waste food, I finished it.... only to feel like crying at the end because of how much fucking cheese, gravy and potatoe-y goodness I had consumed. Never again

mr.rager

All this poutine talk is making me crave it. The poutine here sucks, who fucking uses shredded cheese as a substitute for cheese curds?

mr.rager

Who exactly committed this blasphemy????

Robson fries in shimokitazawa. Quite a popular place too! I feel sorry for all the people who bought this and thought it is real poutine.

I went to a bar that serves poutine with shredded cheese. I was pretty offended.

Anyone who calls themselves Canadian should be offended. This is an affront to our glorious heritage! Making a mockery of our beloved national treasure.

Top Bottom