• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

ZZMitch

Hey guys have any of you ordered a laptop online before?

I am not sure what the best website is for purchases like that in Canada. I was looking at newegg.ca

Also do I have to pay any extra taxes/fees when I receive it or does that only apply to ordering laptops from the U.S?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey guys have any of you ordered a laptop online before?

I am not sure what the best website is for purchases like that in Canada. I was looking at newegg.ca

Also do I have to pay any extra taxes/fees when I receive it or does that only apply to ordering laptops from the U.S?

I've never been dinged when buying from Newegg.ca, even though they ship from New York. But I've never bought anything as pricey as a laptop. Probably $200-range for me for a harddrive last year being the most expensive.

NCIX might be a good site to look at as well. They'll even price match whatever another site has, provided the products match up exactly. I always use them for my desktop components now.

ZZMitch

I've never been dinged when buying from Newegg.ca, even though they ship from New York. But I've never bought anything as pricey as a laptop. Probably $200-range for me for a harddrive last year being the most expensive.

NCIX might be a good site to look at as well. They'll even price match whatever another site has, provided the products match up exactly. I always use them for my desktop components now.

Ah right I forgot about NCIX I used them before.

Thanks for the info guys!

Mupod

You're paying for the drinks on Friday!

I've definitely got cause for celebrating but I'm still poor, the reason I'm switching jobs is that this one owes me a month and a half of pay I probably won't ever get

hopefully I'll be rich by the next meetup though.

Zqt4JYH.jpg

source

What a shame about the watermark on that photo. That is probably the best photo I've seen to show how enormous Toronto has become in the last twenty years.

(also featured in that photo is the newly built second deck for the under renovation BMO Field)

jokkir

Last years Summer was awesome. Not too hot that I didn't want to go out and not too cold that I had to wear a jacket every time

Last years Summer was awesome. Not too hot that I didn't want to go out and not too cold that I had to wear a jacket every time
Not sure about the last part. It rained practically everyday, although there were a few weeks that were paradise. It's supposed to rain more this year 😭 (and the humidity that comes with it before you #TeamWinter lizards pop the champagne bottle).

What a shame about the watermark on that photo. That is probably the best photo I've seen to show how enormous Toronto has become in the last twenty years.

(also featured in that photo is the newly built second deck for the under renovation BMO Field)

Can't wait to be at BMO this season.

Hey guys,

I figure since most of you are already in one place, this would be a better place to ask than making a new thread.

My wife and I are visiting Toronto next week. She has a conference and I'm basically tagging along. We're flying in Saturday morning, so I'll miss out on the GAF Meetup the night before.

Can you guys recommend me something to do? We're centered at the Metro Toronto Convention Center. We've never been before so cool places to visit/eat are much appreciated!

Also, any good retro video game stores around?

Thanks

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

I figure since most of you are already in one place, this would be a better place to ask than making a new thread.

My wife and I are visiting Toronto next week. She has a conference and I'm basically tagging along. We're flying in Saturday morning, so I'll miss out on the GAF Meetup the night before.

Can you guys recommend me something to do? We're centered at the Metro Toronto Convention Center. We've never been before so cool places to visit/eat are much appreciated!

Thanks
Best advice is to check out the first post in the thread. Evilmario may be a winter loving manbearpig but it exceeded all expectations and is incredibly informative.

Other than that, catch a Jays game, go to Distillery District, St Lawrence Market, Yorkville, Iceman or AC games or Videogamesplus.

Best advice is to check out the first post in the thread. Evilmario may be a winter loving manbearpig but it exceeded all expectations and is incredibly informative.

Other than that, catch a Jays game, go to Distillery District, St Lawrence Market, Yorkville, Iceman or AC games or Videogamesplus.

Thanks! That really was informative! I've marked a few things as must-do for this trip.

So coming from the US, do I have to convert some cash or will people just take USD? Additionally, are US credit cards accepted most everywhere?

jl4855

Thanks! That really was informative! I've marked a few things as must-do for this trip.

So coming from the US, do I have to convert some cash or will people just take USD? Additionally, are US credit cards accepted most everywhere?

convert some cash when you get here. rate is great so you'll live like a king. your US CC will be fine as well, visa mc amex all pretty widely accepted at major institutions.

Quick

Banned
Hey guys,

Thanks

You guys are pretty close to a lot of stuff within walking distance (to a certain degree). CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, Eaton Centre and Yonge/Dundas in general.

Good time to be here, as well, since the weather is getting nice and warm.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thankfully the Raptors are playing a team that seemingly never beats them.
It'll make it all the more disappointing when they lose..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just enjoy the fact we have a team that has actually made the playoffs two years in a row.

We need to celebrate the little things, it's all we have!

Last year I picked Raps in 7 when everyone laughed at me saying Brooklyn had the series in 5 or 6.

This year I'm picking Raps in 6. I just think Wittman is probably the only coach in the NBA that Casey can outcoach.

zroid

Banned
Since we're on the subject, I've been meaning to ask... Kave you brought up Casey being a bad coach before, and just wondering why that is? I've always been given the impression by the media (lol) that he's a good coach. Unfortunately I'm too uninformed to draw my own conclusions so I just have to take what they say at face value.

Top Bottom