• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

isny

napkin dispenser
I would never wait hours to get into a restaurant. Or an hour. Or half an hour.

Not even this one?

Seinfeld-Episode206-TheChineseRestaurant-Still1.jpg

Ok. So will try this Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake nonsense and see if it's worth it.

2 hour wait = lots o gaming time
I was there this morning before it opened; still waited about an hour and forty minutes. Seems to be about 10 cheesecakes per batch, which takes about 20 minutes. Since it's only 1 cheesecake a person, every 30 people is about an hour wait.

I wouldn't wait in line again, but it is worth $10.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro's Log
Made it to the door after 2 1/2 hour wait.
Legs aching
Patience and snarky remarks gone.
All hope is lost.

ALL HOPE IS LOST!

JUDGEMENT DAY IS NIGH!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro's log
Just my luck. The last cake was sold just before it got to me

Have to wait another 20 min or so for next batch

Fuck

My

Fucking

Life

Why are they not taking payment now? Why are they pouring out the mix so slowly? Why do they take so long to put it in the bag and explain?

Edit: finally got it. So tired. Fucking EM! BETTER BE WORTH IT OR YOU CARRYING ME TO MUTHAFUCKIN G9999 rank! ;0

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Most disappointing cheesecake ever incoming. I hold you 45 minutes, Kuro. Not 3 hours!
I WAS ALREADY IN LINE! >_<

Had it known it was 10 cakes every 20-30 goddamn minutes...!

There are so many little things from preparation to baking to sales they could do to speed things up.

Had a Madeleine. It's quite warm and tasty. I still want 3 hours of my life back!

Will have cheesecake after resting and comment then. So. Tired....

Quadratic

Glad I don't have a sweet tooth because all this talk about Uncle Tetsu would have made me want to go try some cheesecake and see what the fuss is all about. Its just a matter of time before another bakery is going to make a similar cheesecake to capitalize on this.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not worth 3 hours...
I'm not playing Bloodborne...
RIP Kuro

The cheesecake was too much for this blood sugar
HNNNGGGHHHHH
Well that convinced me to go try out the cake. Blissful death awaits
Not worth the wait.
Kuro victimized by sunk cost

we've all been there :(
So inefficient...
Glad I don't have a sweet tooth because all this talk about Uncle Tetsu would have made me want to go try some cheesecake and see what the fuss is all about. Its just a matter of time before another bakery is going to make a similar cheesecake to capitalize on this.
It really doesn't deserve the hype at all.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice departure from the cheesecake most people are used to and it tastes lighter and fluffier; however, I simply feel it doesn't have as much flavour as a good piece of cheesecake and there is no crust or any other goodies on it that you can get by making it at home or getting at a specialty place.

If you can just walk in and get it then all the power to you. It tastes like some of those light "Japanese style" cheesecakes you can get at the Asian supermarkets but it's just a few rungs higher since it is baked fresh right there. I wouldn't even wait 30 min for it.

Quadratic

Did you take the cheesecake home? Depends on the person but I read that some would rather let it chill than have it fresh from the oven.

Too bad the hype didn't live up to your expectations. With 3 hours, surely you must have gotten some quality Mon Hun action.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Did you take the cheesecake home? Depends on the person but I read that some would rather let it chill than have it fresh from the oven.

Too bad the hype didn't live up to your expectations. With 3 hours, surely you must have gotten some quality Mon Hun action.
Nah couldn't focus. We bought two; one my wife attacked when we got home and the other is in the fridge.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I remember always being upset when the guy never got to see Polkaroo.

Never realized it was because Polkaroo had a thing for the laydees. :eek:

HA! I always thought the ladies were better because they were the only ones who saw Polkaroo.

Don't ask me how old I was when I figured out who Polkaroo was.

Who lines up that long for ANYTHING let alone cheesecake.....I don't get people sometimes

Exception being a few rollercoasters but 1.5 hours is my limit if it's a top 10 coaster

Part of the Gerrard Street East series on the gentrification of the neighbourhood, Coffee Time is a pillar of the community. Not just a coffee shop, it acts as a hub and social centre for people who can't afford the prices of the higher end coffee shops. A home too many in the neighbourhood and a hindrance to others, what does the future hold in store for this dying franchise?

https://vimeo.com/94855069

I know it's old but any of you guys see this?

ahdurian

Not worth 3 hours...

I'm not playing Bloodborne...

HNNNGGGHHHHH

Not worth the wait.

So inefficient...

It really doesn't deserve the hype at all.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice departure from the cheesecake most people are used to and it tastes lighter and fluffier; however, I simply feel it doesn't have as much flavour as a good piece of cheesecake and there is no crust or any other goodies on it that you can get by making it at home or getting at a specialty place.

If you can just walk in and get it then all the power to you. It tastes like some of those light "Japanese style" cheesecakes you can get at the Asian supermarkets but it's just a few rungs higher since it is baked fresh right there. I wouldn't even wait 30 min for it.

yeah 3 hours is a hella long time.
when I went, it was like the middle of the day and got it within 40mins. basically took my whole lunch break though

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Who lines up that long for ANYTHING let alone cheesecake.....I don't get people sometimes

Exception being a few rollercoasters but 1.5 hours is my limit if it's a top 10 coaster
The line up isn't long. It just moves agonizingly slow. Any other place would've gone through that long faster.
https://vimeo.com/94855069

I know it's old but any of you guys see this?
This was near my neighbourhood. Don't tell me the people there can't go to the Tim's nearby or the McDs nearby.
I'm with Roto on this one. I wouldn't do it, unless there's a special reason why.
I was already waiting! :< I only saw one guy leave the whole time I was there.
yeah 3 hours is a hella long time.
when I went, it was like the middle of the day and got it within 40mins. basically took my whole lunch break though
Not worth it with other stuff available in the area.
Coffee Time is where I spent many lunch breaks during high school.........to get destroyed at Tekken and Marvel vs Capcom 2
Not that one though I assume?

Rinoa

And even then you can just get those passes to skip lines.

(I had one of those and felt like hurling but nope @ waiting an hour for stuff)

There has to be a way around this, order catering?

Generic Asians love lining up for things. Remember when Muji opened? People were waiting like 40 minutes to go inside and it doesn't even have half the stuff I saw in the Hong Kong stores lol.

I waited 1.5 hours for the god damn Cars ride at Disneyland/California Adventures

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Glad I waited a month to go into Muji. Such a small selection, can't believe people would wait hours for it.

And you know it's Spring time now when there are drunks peeing on a post five steps north of Bloor at 6:30pm in the Annex. Ahh, that fragrant Spring air.

Anony

Glad I waited a month to go into Muji. Such a small selection, can't believe people would wait hours for it.

And you know it's Spring time now when there are drunks peeing on a post five steps north of Bloor at 6:30pm in the Annex. Ahh, that fragrant Spring air.

and overpriced
i went there like 1 week after it opened, no lines, but fairly high traffic

and the cheesecake, it's just all hivemind hype, i have to line up to get some, type of mentality
dont buy into it

Quick

Banned

Yeah, I wasn't so impressed with Muji after getting the chance to check it out a couple of months after it opened.

The line up isn't long. It just moves agonizingly slow. Any other place would've gone through that long faster.

This was near my neighbourhood. Don't tell me the people there can't go to the Tim's nearby or the McDs nearby.

I was already waiting! :< I only saw one guy leave the whole time I was there.

Not worth it with other stuff available in the area.

Not that one though I assume?

No, not that Coffee Time lol

Hi TO-GAF!
I'm graduating in May and then leaving Canada forever (international student), but before then, I'm staying in Toronto (technically Oshawa lmao) for a few weeks. Any suggestions? So far I have all the big things, but I'm looking for other things too do and smaller places I might miss out on!

Cheers!

Anony

Hi TO-GAF!
I'm graduating in May and then leaving Canada forever (international student), but before then, I'm staying in Toronto (technically Oshawa lmao) for a few weeks. Any suggestions? So far I have all the big things, but I'm looking for other things too do and smaller places I might miss out on!

Cheers!

depending on where ur going back to, i would say camping

So nice outside. I actually enjoyed walking to and from work today. I forgot how really busy it can be at Yonge & Eglinton when the weather is nice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for visiting Europe? I've never been, and don't know what to expect.
Friend did the trip a few months ago. Lots of alcohol and lots of sausages. He booked rooms through airbnb with no issue so that may be an option if you're considering.
So nice outside. I actually enjoyed walking to and from work today. I forgot how really busy it can be at Yonge & Eglinton when the weather is nice.
Because warm weather > cool weather

Any tips for visiting Europe? I've never been, and don't know what to expect.

A lot of countries refund your sales tax (VAT) at the airport if you keep your receipts. Avoid tourist traps, they're everywhere (*cough* Bucking Palace and that ferrish wheel *cough*)

When it's warm, people actually go outside. You think John and Jane Patio keep their last name in the winter? Never.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Friend did the trip a few months ago. Lots of alcohol and lots of sausages. He booked rooms through airbnb with no issue so that may be an option if you're considering.

Because warm weather > cool weather

My fiance's father gifted us a bunch of money for our honeymoon so we're looking more into hotels.

Where are you going? I backpacked in Europe when I was in university and I've done a tour in Ireland.

France, Italy and Denmark for about 2.5-3 weeks. I can speak a bit of french, well quebecois, but I'm curious about getting by elsewhere with only english.

A lot of countries refund your sales tax (VAT) at the airport if you keep your receipts. Avoid tourist traps, they're everywhere (*cough* Bucking Palace and that ferrish wheel *cough*)

Nice to know, yeah not super interested in tourist traps, aside from some cliche Paris things.

Top Bottom