• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I always hated when people said something along the lines of "it's beautiful out! go do something outside" or any variation of it.

Almost every single day in spring/summer is beautiful out lol.
Well, those winterites will like these days instead of the humid scorchers.

My Sansotei ramen has now started!

Anony

i went to mcrayum yesterday

i'm not saying it's bad, but it's everything is overprice

i had the chicken rayum, 12 or 13$
i was expecting actual ramen noodles, but they were instant noodles
2 relatively small pieces of chicken, no egg
like, wtf, did i just pay 12/13 for this

also split the 'special' with a friend; pint sapparo and 4 chicken wings for 10$
i think that's got to be the only thing good on the menu when u consider the price
(a pint of sapparo is 7.25$)

verdict, do not go

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i went to mcrayum yesterday

i'm not saying it's bad, but it's everything is overprice

i had the chicken rayum, 12 or 13$
i was expecting actual ramen noodles, but they were instant noodles
2 relatively small pieces of chicken, no egg
like, wtf, did i just pay 12/13 for this

also split the 'special' with a friend; pint sapparo and 4 chicken wings for 10$
i think that's got to be the only thing good on the menu when u consider the price
(a pint of sapparo is 7.25$)

verdict, do not go
:D must be a Korean place then.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
it is
it's suppose to be korean japanese fusion (ie the soup is spicy) :(
Hah. Japanese Korean fusion means Korean.

At Jackson's Burger now. Burger review incoming...! :< my blood sugar....! HNNNGGHHHHH

mlDULZ0.jpg

I'll give it a thumbs up. I got the "Canada Eh", which was a burger with a fried egg, bacon, cheese, and mayo for 8.50.

Bun to ingredient ratio was very good.

Bacon was quite tasty. Cheese was a nice touch.

Beef patty needs to be bigger, but at least it wasn't dry and it was hot and fresh.

Egg was kinda bland considering the yolk will often give it a lot of flavour. Bun wasn't anything special but at least it didn't disintegrate while I was eating it. Mayo was just kinda there (an example of a fantastic mayo that elevates a sandwich can be found at Sully's Sandwich Shop).

krae_man

My apartment's hot water heater broke Friday night and it's not getting replaced until Tuesday. These Team Winter showers are horrible.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I went to that Simpsons play

What the fuck

I guess I really didn't know what I was going into

krae_man

What the fuck

At first I though "wow that looks cool and I like the concept", but then I saw the costumes and have noticed tons of discounting of tickets. The theatres not that big. If you can't fill 200 seats at $30/ticket, your show sucks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

What the fuck

At first I though "wow that looks cool and I like the concept", but then I saw the costumes and have noticed tons of discounting of tickets. The theatres not that big. If you can't fill 200 seats at $30/ticket, your show sucks.

Heh, that place is 2 1/2 blocks away from my house.

I was tempted to actually go, but I'm glad my laziness paid offf.

Khilandros

Started my gardening today. Perfect weather so I went to Kensington Market and bought some basil, oregano, thyme, parsley,etc. Just finished planting them an hour ago.

I also bought a lot of Chinese buns, can't go to Chinatown without buying them, lol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After my baseball games was outside on the patio drinking some Coors Light and other beers.

Felt good.

#fuckKuro

ahdurian

aren't people not supposed to be lighting off personal fireworks today?
I thought you could get fined for that....
All I hear outside my window right now is a bunch of them going off

Renewed

Argh!

Just an overall frustrating day for gaming. Could kill shit. Couldn't cap shit. Couldn't do shit. I'M TOO OLD FOR TEH GAEMZ!

Basically my day with MonHun was: try to do an expedition? Double Black Diablos. Try to do some charm farming? All dirt. Try to go online and help people? Disconnects all day.

Also yes, screw these fireworks. I got back home and wanted to sleep dangit, this insomnia is hell

Quadratic

You didn't use the Bat EM signal, or I could have been on to help. I finally made G Crown.

Yeah, I was playing Monster Hunter on on off yesterday between housework and some errands.

Raging Brachydios is frustrating because the Pallium reward icon and the Immortal Reactor icon look the same :( Got my hopes up 3 times. That Monster Hunter desire sensor.

Maybe a bar MonHun meetup is in the cards soon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Basically my day with MonHun was: try to do an expedition? Double Black Diablos. Try to do some charm farming? All dirt. Try to go online and help people? Disconnects all day.

Also yes, screw these fireworks. I got back home and wanted to sleep dangit, this insomnia is hell
Exactly.
You didn't use the Bat EM signal, or I could have been on to help. I finally made G Crown.
I need to wear my big boy pants one day. I soloed all the quests for G1 except Cephalos and the urgent.
Yeah, I was playing Monster Hunter on on off yesterday between housework and some errands.

Raging Brachydios is frustrating because the Pallium reward icon and the Immortal Reactor icon look the same :( Got my hopes up 3 times. That Monster Hunter desire sensor.

Maybe a bar MonHun meetup is in the cards soon.
Reset the game!

I don't even know why I bothered with other games...it's just all MonHun cause I don't have rage left for TF2 (aka worse game ever)

I wouldn't mind a mini meet up. I can still kill Kraft_Man another day. Or Kavewerk...either or...

Edit: goddamn. Drinking all this long weekend...I need to spam peeps my resume. My liver cannot handle my job...! D:

Roto13

They were filming a plane crash scene for Suicide Squad on Yonge and Wellesley today.

11313277_1394998854161692_1763357606_n.jpg

Just a few minutes walk north of where they filmed the Harlem stuff for Incredible Hulk.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man, fuck the sun
LOLOLOLOL

Deal with it -_-
They were filming a plane crash scene for Suicide Squad on Yonge and Wellesley today.

11313277_1394998854161692_1763357606_n.jpg

Just a few minutes walk north of where they filmed the Harlem stuff for Incredible Hulk.
You...actually go out...?

Interesting set up there. Hopefully, I'll be able to recognize the areas from Toronto in the movie when it releases.

Also...all you can eat sushi. Fuck...my stomach....fu...ck....

Renewed

Also...all you can eat sushi. Fuck...my stomach....fu...ck....

Back when I went to all you can eat sushi places with friends (obviously not anymore), they'd order more than they could finish and I was basically the ringer. None of it ever sit right (I feel like it was that place's fault) and it's set me off of sushi forever.

ahdurian

Man...going back to work after being BG in sick leave for two months is disgustingly hard and tiring...
And then having dialysis after too.
Ugghhh

Quick

Banned
CP24 really doesn't like Ford. To the point that they're willing to make up a sensationalist headline over non-news.

Rob Ford erased from version of anti-cancer charity song http://t.co/hit7ulDloN http://t.co/fJVU3CBXTV

But Rainbow Association of Canadian Artists (RACA) executive director Ralph Hammelmann said the group cut an alternative version of the song and music video to satisfy Bandcamp, one of the online outlets the group will use to pre-sell the songs for charity, and not because of a change of heart regarding Ford.

“We wanted to do the pre-orders on Bandcamp and we couldn’t do a one-track single, so it meant we had to do three versions of the song,” Hammleman told CP24.com. “Our mandate is to put indie artists on the spotlight so we thought we’d do a recording just featuring our singers.”

RACA has cut a radio edit of “Not My Time” which includes Ford, another edit that does not, and a backing track of the song for karaoke.

Khilandros

Is anyone else getting random promo calls from Marriott hotels or is it just me?

They call me 1 or 2 times a month.

They are using something to mask their number, because every time I look it is the local area code and then the first 3 digits of my number followed by 4 random digits, meanwhile the phone does that long distance ring. I once called back and got some random woman's number and she was confused.

These Indian call centers are using some evil stuff now to stop us from reporting them.

wbsmcs

Going to see the Jays tonight. Third time this year and they are 2-0 when I attend, so look forward to a W tonight guys. What are the chance of the dome being open? Looks like it's going down to around 9 degrees tonight, but it's so much more enjoyable when you feel like you're outside.

Also, any good cheap places to eat around there? Sick of getting Union McDonalds or street meat every time I go.

zroid

Banned
lol I don't answer numbers I'm not familiar with (if it's important they'll leave a message) but the thing I hate is when it's an automated call so they DO leave a voicemail. :mad:

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been getting one, what I assume is, spam call per day for the past month. It's always from a 416-655 number, the same as my phone. But always from a different number. They've never left a message, search returns no details.

Stet

Banned
I've been getting one, what I assume is, spam call per day for the past month. It's always from a 416-655 number, the same as my phone. But always from a different number. They've never left a message, search returns no details.

Yeah, I get them from 416-885 which matches my number too.

Rinoa

Ah, so swarmings are still a thing. Haven't seen a report in the media for a while. Scary stuff.

On another note.. this happened.

7wcYggw.jpg

My wife said she noticed a few days ago.. and there was already a couple coffee cups floating around in it because people are terrible.

Haven't seen that on for ages it seems.

People trashing Toronto need to get fined and forced to do community service/cleanup in an embarrassing outfit just like in Singapore.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't seen that on for ages it seems.

People trashing Toronto need to get fined and forced to do community service/cleanup in an embarrassing outfit just like in Singapore.
Ahhh all those newspapers in the subway.

NFG. No shame whatsoever.

You're leaving the subway anyways, and whether you take the bus, escalator, or stairs or whatever, you WILL come across a recycling can. Argh!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Toronto-Age Meetup XII

9nRVWX7.png

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Heeeeey everybody. Please take this survey if you are interested in attending another meetup next month. I believe I'll be hosting this one. I'd have preferred to have had it a couple weeks earlier, but life will be busy for me in the beginning of June.

I really want to have another Smash tournament and want to gauge interest in that as well. It'll be 3DS, as logistics of hosting a Wii U tournament (poor Splatoon) will be a lot more complicated. Maybe one day if enough people have interest.

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto-Age Meetup XII

9nRVWX7.png

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Heeeeey everybody. Please take this survey if you are interested in attending another meetup next month. I believe I'll be hosting this one. I'd have preferred to have had it a couple weeks earlier, but life will be busy for me in the beginning of June.

I really want to have another Smash tournament and want to gauge interest in that as well. It'll be 3DS, as logistics of hosting a Wii U tournament (poor Splatoon) will be a lot more complicated. Maybe one day if enough people have interest.

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY
Hey, Lanky, i can't find the link to your survey. Do you mind posting it again?

krae_man

All those dates are probably good, well except for June 14th for me. I don't know what I'll be working those weekends yet, but I can probably switch shifts if necessary to become free.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Depending what's going on with me and my job search - June 20th is the best date for me as I am planning to be in Toronto that weekend (going to see Rush on the 19th!)

Top Bottom