• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
Woah. WOAH.

The Toronto Public Library's digital borrowing platform and setup is AMAZING. And free to boot. I can't believe this. And I've only just tried the digital magazines so far. Current issues of many leading mags, free, with unlimited borrowing, on my new iPad. Beautiful.

Is it the OverDrive app?

dubq

Anyone know where I can buy Vanilla Coke? In bottles or cans, I mean. Not from a Hero Burger.

I usually see the cans in those Gateway Newstands convenience stores. There is also a convenience store just a few doors west of the Wheat Sheaf on King Street that definitely has them. Their pop selection is kind of over the top. I've never seen so many different kinds of Monster or Rockstar in one store before. o_O

krae_man

If anyone wants to do the E3 theater experience for Sony's presser again, tickets go on sale Wednesday:

playstation.com/e3experience

Edit: change URL to en-us.

Canadian site is lol

explodet

If anyone wants to do the E3 theater experience for Sony's presser again, tickets go on sale Wednesday:
And like last year, these tickets are free, but first come first serve. And I believe one person can order two tickets.
I just went last year to pick up streetpasses.

playstation.com/e3experience

Edit: change URL to en-us.

Canadian site is lol

How fast did the tickets go last year again? I have work next Wednesday and I don't 100% trust whatever site they're gonna use to work properly on my phone. I remember getting tickets for me and all my friends as soon as they went up though.

Magnus

Somewhere...Quadratic is shedding a tear in happiness...

while surrounded by hot librarians

Was he/she a big proponent of TPL services?

Is it the OverDrive app?

OverDrive for books, other apps for different media borrowing. They all kind of work..shoddily. They need a better interface, etc.

The one that works flawlessly with a super lightweight and easy to use interface and system is the one I wanted most - the one for e-Magazines, Zinio. I'm so thrilled that current issues are available nearly day/date, at high quality, and download quickly in a light, compact e-reader. Great stuff.

Quadratic

OverDrive for books, other apps for different media borrowing. They all kind of work..shoddily. They need a better interface, etc.

The one that works flawlessly with a super lightweight and easy to use interface and system is the one I wanted most - the one for e-Magazines, Zinio. I'm so thrilled that current issues are available nearly day/date, at high quality, and download quickly in a light, compact e-reader. Great stuff.

I work for the Toronto Public Library. Glad you like Zinio. As for Overdrive, it's the library standard for eBook delivery at the moment. It has improved since launch but I agree is work to be done to make the end user experience better. Another electronic service we offer is Hoopla. Which is digital video rental.

Kraftwerk

Well...

I have atarted the process of moving downtown. Didn't think I would ever leave LOVELY scarberia, but its happening.

Ill probably move by September. Still looking.

I work for the Toronto Public Library. Glad you like Zinio. As for Overdrive, it's the library standard for eBook delivery at the moment. It has improved since launch but I agree is work to be done to make the end user experience better. Another electronic service we offer is Hoopla. Which is digital video rental.

Yeah it kinda sucks. I have to read some of the books in my browser (wtf). I need it in epub for my reader!

Well...

I have atarted the process of moving downtown. Didn't think I would ever leave LOVELY scarberia, but its happening.

Ill probably move by September. Still looking.

Good move.

Roto13

I usually see the cans in those Gateway Newstands convenience stores. There is also a convenience store just a few doors west of the Wheat Sheaf on King Street that definitely has them. Their pop selection is kind of over the top. I've never seen so many different kinds of Monster or Rockstar in one store before. o_O

Those are all over the place. I'll take a look next time I see one.

Woah. WOAH.

The Toronto Public Library's digital borrowing platform and setup is AMAZING. And free to boot. I can't believe this. And I've only just tried the digital magazines so far. Current issues of many leading mags, free, with unlimited borrowing, on my new iPad. Beautiful.

I don't even play video games anymore because of this. $80 games are not for me when I can get $0 books from the library *_*

I load them on to my Kobo eReader. Good stuff, I wish there was a more convenient way to do that though.

Blackhead

Redarse

Recommend some emags
Good stuff
I don't even play video games anymore because of this. $80 games are not for me when I can get $0 books from the library *_*

I load them on to my Kobo eReader. Good stuff, I wish there was a more convenient way to do that though.

Reads $0 books... About $80 games ;_;

ahdurian

fucking hate Canada Post
I ordered a case for my new tablet.
I heard the truck drive up to my townhouse, so I was heading down teh stairs.
By time I got to the door, he had already left the notice sheet and was about to get into his car.
No knock or trying the doorbell

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
He's probably a poor confused soul due to the weather.

YOU GUYS HAD YOUR WINTER! GIVE ME MY WARM WEATHER!!!

je5yDQ7a5IcpG.png

iBNECO5HNBi4i.gif

though frost in May is ridiculous. #teamallseasons

Mupod

Whoa, saw a ton of cosplayers on the way home today. Incidentally, they were walking faster than the traffic was moving. Now I remember why I usually bypass airport road/dixon.

I wanted to yell MADNESS HERO at the Dart I saw but he was out of earshot.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Good grief. I got into my brother's car and he had all four windows plus the sunroof wide open. It's not that warm yet. D:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Good grief. I got into my brother's car and he had all four windows plus the sunroof wide open. It's not that warm yet. D:
Brother is a smart man.

Warm weather go!

Just saw tomorrow land....please go see mad max, everyone...

Also had a terrible day at work...

Lining up for this insidious 3 oculus rift thing...let's see if disappointment comes in 3s...
Edit: yuuuuup!

Renewed

I feel like I'd be satisfied with cons just for the streetpasses.

I'm volunteering (AN, bleh) and as we're handing out guides and lanyards we want to keep it one per person that is physically there since if we run out (and how are we supposed to know if these'll be used well) it's a pain to get more and so the other guests are essentially trying to hold on to their pass and finding their way around.

But these people don't care! "Yeah I'm picking up for 6 people." "They'll get it when they come here."

But Streetpasses are ace. Got a ton of tokens for Xenoblade and guild cards with super low HRs.

Quick

Banned
I feel like I'd be satisfied with cons just for the streetpasses.

I'm volunteering (AN, bleh) and as we're handing out guides and lanyards we want to keep it one per person that is there since if we run out (and how are we supposed to know if these'll be used well) it's a pain to get more and so the other guests are essentially trying to hold on to their pass and finding their way around.

But these people don't care! "Yeah I'm picking up for 6 people." "They'll get it when they come here."

But Streetpasses are ace. Got a ton of tokens and guild cards with super low HRs.

Funny that you're volunteering at Anime North.

I saw a rant from one of my Facebook friends about Anime North's customer service and the power trips some of the volunteers apparently were having. A major part of it is about volunteers yelling at attendees.

Can't say I've really been that hurt over Fan Expo's volunteers (they're okay at best), but I've seen a few rants (incidentally from the same person) about their customer service.

Renewed

Funny that you're volunteering at Anime North.

I saw a rant from one of my Facebook friends about Anime North's customer service and the power trips some of the volunteers apparently were having. A major part of it is about volunteers yelling at attendees.

Can't say I've really been that hurt over Fan Expo's volunteers (they're okay at best), but I've seen a few rants (incidentally from the same person) about their customer service.

I get that. It's more along the line of if these people are standing around for whatever reason, someone has to say it and I'll yell it if I have to be heard (quiet usually). If they wanna be annoyed, that's fine but I'd rather the guests be annoyed with me then be annoyed with the other guests.

Man now I appreciate my hospital shift more because I can be more personal.

Quick

Banned
I get that. It's more along the line of if these people are standing around for whatever reason, someone has to say it and I'll yell it if I have to be heard (quiet usually). If they wanna be annoyed, that's fine but I'd rather the quests be annoyed with me then be annoyed with the other guests.

Maybe I'm just not in too deep with conventions culture enough to be outraged. I'm a casual at best.

I can see his point that the yelling might come off as offensive, at the same time, it's probably the quickest way to get people moving.

I've been attending Fan Expo for a few years and seeing people decide to just sit down in the middle of an aisle (outside the exhibition area) or stop randomly is annoying.

For the record, I'm not voicing his displeasure directly at you in a condescending manner. Just thought it was a funny coincidence that I was reading his rant and you mentioned that you're volunteering there.

Renewed

Maybe I'm just not in too deep with conventions culture enough to be outraged. I'm a casual at best.

I can see his point that the yelling might come off as offensive, at the same time, it's probably the quickest way to get people moving.

I've been attending Fan Expo for a few years and seeing people decide to just sit down in the middle of an aisle (outside the exhibition area) or stop randomly is annoying.

For the record, I'm not voicing his displeasure directly at you in a condescending manner. Just thought it was a funny coincidence that I was reading his rant and you mentioned that you're volunteering there.

It's ok, I'm just tired and wanna drink but I'm helping out tomorrow too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Posting once more for anyone that missed it

Toronto-Age Meetup XII

9nRVWX7.png

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Heeeeey everybody. Please take this survey if you are interested in attending another meetup next month. I believe I'll be hosting this one. I'd have preferred to have had it a couple weeks earlier, but life will be busy for me in the beginning of June.

I really want to have another Smash tournament and want to gauge interest in that as well. It'll be 3DS, as logistics of hosting a Wii U tournament (poor Splatoon) will be a lot more complicated. Maybe one day if enough people have interest.

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Top Bottom