• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Yo Toronto GAF! What's the cheapest place in downtown Toronto to get decent running/jogginf gear? Shoes and apparel. Trying to not break a budget.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto-Age Meetup XII

9nRVWX7.png

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Heeeeey everybody. Please take this survey if you are interested in attending another meetup next month. I believe I'll be hosting this one. I'd have preferred to have had it a couple weeks earlier, but life will be busy for me in the beginning of June.

I really want to have another Smash tournament and want to gauge interest in that as well. It'll be 3DS, as logistics of hosting a Wii U tournament (poor Splatoon) will be a lot more complicated. Maybe one day if enough people have interest.

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

why is there no other option for teams? I have no affiliation with either. I'm going to have to think about this.

#teamallseasons

Quick

Banned
So, Larry Tanenbaum and Bell partnered up to buy the Argos. How about that.

They're going to be playing in BMO Field in 2016.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about a 'no affiliation' option, but decided you're either with us, or against us. #TeamSith
Yes! I can be part of this!

Hail Lord Vader! And what the hell, Hail Sithis!

It is kinda chilly today for some fucked up reason too. Go home #teamwinter you're drunk

Quick

Banned
I may actually go to more games now. It'll feel more intimate now.

I've been to one game and I didn't like it. I've been to a few of the Bills Series games at the Rogers Centre and didn't really like those either.

Live football games is just boring for me, really.

They will, however, have a better place to play. Probably a better deal since there's less seating to deal with.

And this might finally get Rogers to put real grass in the Rogers Centre, as difficult as it might be. I kind of want to see them just go all out and renovate the shit out of it all.

yeah not really a CFL guy but it might be nice. hopefully Bell can resurrection the franchise

It sucks that the Argos have generally been more successful than the other teams in the city, but gets no recognition at all. Must really be deflating for players.

diaspora

Yes! I can be part of this!

Hail Lord Vader! And what the hell, Hail Sithis!

It is kinda chilly today for some fucked up reason too. Go home #teamwinter you're drunk
We'll be in the 20s next week anyway.

Incidentally, anyone in Toronto up for a used Nexus 5? I've got an S6 for myself, so...

Hey guys hoping someone can help. Looking to arrange a weekend getaway with the kids.

Any suggestions within Ontario? Beaches parks etc.?

not looking for pure camping though.

Hey guys hoping someone can help. Looking to arrange a weekend getaway with the kids.

Any suggestions within Ontario? Beaches parks etc.?

not looking for pure camping though.

You don't have to camp, but Ontario's national parks are great way to spend the day.

Wasaga beach up north is nice too.

Ah, so swarmings are still a thing. Haven't seen a report in the media for a while. Scary stuff.

On another note.. this happened.

7wcYggw.jpg

My wife said she noticed a few days ago.. and there was already a couple coffee cups floating around in it because people are terrible.

That swarming stuff is fucking scary. In the heat of the moment your best option is probably just to fucking run for it. If I saw 10-15 adolescent punks running at me with roman candles I'd probably run but also accept the fact I'd probably die that day.

Also yeah the fountains have been on since... I think late last week? How long did it take? Like 4-5 years? Disappointing that people are already littering into them though. I wish the city was more strict with litterers and that includes smokers who toss their cigs on the street. It's fucking disgusting.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

mr.rager

I'm surprised you came and didn't file charges against us all afterwards! D:

EM and I promised...only two bottles of soju and 5 beers next time...each...

1 and a half shots of Soju and a cup of makgeolli one after the other. I'm pretty sure I had at least 7 shots of Soju and 4 cups of makgeolli that night. So fucking smashed that night. Oh and I had 3 pints of beer before that loool.

Oh Junior Mint, how far you still have to go...

He's gotta learn...!

:(

EM, I think Junior regrets missing out on KFC. Get that meet up done, bruh!

Indeed. But I have no 3DS... I am an outcast.

Also went to Hapa Izakaya last week. Met the owner and it turns out he's some young dude that moved here from Vancouver. Told me he'd take care of me next time I came in, lol. Anyways, food ain't bad. Pretty good for the money during Hapa hour (that's what they call their happy hour). And the waitresses are indeed good looking. Shame that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere instead of closer to downtown core.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:(

Indeed. But I have no 3DS... I am an outcast.

Also went to Hapa Izakaya last week. Met the owner and it turns out he's some young dude that moved here from Vancouver. Told me he'd take care of me next time I came in, lol. Anyways, food ain't bad. Pretty good for the money during Hapa hour (that's what they call their happy hour). And the waitresses are indeed good looking. Shame that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere instead of closer to downtown core.
Nah. Krae brought his system for us to play. 3DS was really more for pre meet up.

Hmmmm...I should go to Hapa next time....

Magnus

Woah. WOAH.

The Toronto Public Library's digital borrowing platform and setup is AMAZING. And free to boot. I can't believe this. And I've only just tried the digital magazines so far. Current issues of many leading mags, free, with unlimited borrowing, on my new iPad. Beautiful.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Woah. WOAH.

The Toronto Public Library's digital borrowing platform and setup is AMAZING. And free to boot. I can't believe this. And I've only just tried the digital magazines so far. Current issues of many leading mags, free, with unlimited borrowing, on my new iPad. Beautiful.

Somewhere...Quadratic is shedding a tear in happiness...

Mupod

I'm not sure I'll drink quite as much this time, but I had a lot to celebrate for last time dammit. New job is going great by the way.

Also victory cafe is a hell of a lot easier for me to get to so that's got my vote.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I'll drink quite as much this time, but I had a lot to celebrate for last time dammit. New job is going great by the way.

Also victory cafe is a hell of a lot easier for me to get to so that's got my vote.

We know who's buyin' next round! :eek:

Top Bottom