• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

krae_man

Found $5 on the ground yesterday. First time in years I've found money on the ground. Stupid cashless society.

Bought a Lotto Max ticket with it. Didn't win $50mil but I did win $20 + a free play.

N° 2048

Found $5 on the ground yesterday. First time in years I've found money on the ground. Stupid cashless society.

Bought a Lotto Max ticket with it. Didn't win $50mil but I did win $20 + a free play.

Wow, sweet luck. Most I've found is a dollar, my mother once found a $50 bill though :|

Renewed

I was in high school and very naive. I found $50 on the way back from school in the snow and didn't know what to do. I showed my dad and he took it, saying he'll get something for me. Thanks a lot dad.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Do you always eat out?
Gotta do something while I wait to pounce on a Salesforce job. :(
So nothing special Kuro?

"Brass Taps" has very good wings and pizza. "Mr Pide" still rocks and "Square Boy" has a wicked home burger and Greek fries. "Pantheon" has the best grilled octopus...mmmmm!
It's not. Go to Hogtown Smoke in the Beaches

Edit: was waiting for streetcar. I haven't been to Brass in awhile but it's decent. Mr. Pide is awesome but spikes my blood sugar like nothing else. Square Boysis decent fare and it shows since it's been around for a long ass time. Pantheon is excellent and is one of my go to places besides Messini.

Around our area, Lady Marmalade and Bonjour Brioche for brunch though I also like lil' Baci when both are full. Sushi Marche is generally good but has been hit or miss recently for me. The Roy has the angry bartender that told me to "pay up and get out" when I cheered a Habs loss. An Sibin has an excellent cider and I prefer it to Prohibition. Of course, Burger's Priest in the Beaches is great. Rock Lobster is also pretty decent but somehow doesn't seem busy very often. Ascari Enoteca is really good and I need to go more often.

I think it might be easier to name the places I actually haven't been to in the neighbourhood... :(

Remember me when my beetus kills me, Forza...!
Yes, that's why he's always complaining about his blood sugar.
Live hard and leave a fat corpse.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I've looked at Salesforce, there's never anything that I can apply for.
I know. Me too :(

Don't worry. You'll get something soon!

I don't hate my job, which is why I'm dragging my feet looking to change. My boss is awesome and I'm learning a lot from him; my coworkers are good people; the company is ok.

I just feel it's time to move on. I'm not sure there's much else for me here unless I speak French. And even then, I'd likely have to move to Montreal and pretend to like the...Habs... :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I know. Me too :(

Don't worry. You'll get something soon!

I don't hate my job, which is why I'm dragging my feet looking to change. My boss is awesome and I'm learning a lot from him; my coworkers are good people; the company is ok.

I just feel it's time to move on. I'm not sure there's much else for me here unless I speak French. And even then, I'd likely have to move to Montreal and pretend to like the...Habs... :(
You'd probably be singing a different tune if you didn't have to take the SRT every day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You'd probably be singing a different tune if you didn't have to take the SRT every day.

Well, it's a big reason why my company got a building downtown near the Distillery District.

Yay!

Wait...my department is the last to move in?! 2018?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm back from 'camping' with my visiting parents. That was something. I saw more of Milton that I thought I ever would have. Now the BBQ with the inlaws and my family tomorrow. I need that Monster Hunter meetup on Friday badly.

Rinoa

With Salesforce don't forget to send me your cv and the job posting. I'll look it over and if it's a good match I'll refer you internally to the recruiter/hiring manager. This is so you don't get binned and have someone you can get updates from. Don't apply thru the website.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm back from 'camping' with my visiting parents. That was something. I saw more of Milton that I thought I ever would have. Now the BBQ with the inlaws and my family tomorrow. I need that Monster Hunter meetup on Friday badly.
Don't worry. You're still going to carry me and I'm going to dive right into whatever OHKO attack is out there. :D

With Salesforce don't forget to send me your cv and the job posting. I'll look it over and if it's a good match I'll refer you internally to the recruiter/hiring manager. This is so you don't get binned and have someone you can get updates from. Don't apply thru the website.
I'm watching like a hawk...! There just isn't anything from what I can see. Also waiting a bit to get more training in.

I'm getting way too complacent and comfortable here. Last thing I want is to be laid off and then stuck because I wasn't doing anything to make myself more marketable.

Entropia

No One Remembers

No Project Manager jobs :mad:

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'll remember.

Rinoa

My first contact from Salesforce is a friend I met at FFOnline in 1999 then later met in person in Cali, before she moved to Singapore. She had worked there 3 years, said it's defo a dream job and referred me to the EMEA web team director. True frands yo.
(my website talks about how vidyagames/computering shaped my life despite everyone saying I wasted my time when I was a kid)

Sober

Saw Once at the Ed Mirvish Theatre today. Was pretty good, definitely recommend it if any of you bums like musicals. Probably even something decent for a date night or something (I went alone cause generic asian).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Once at the Ed Mirvish Theatre today. Was pretty good, definitely recommend it if any of you bums like musicals. Probably even something decent for a date night or something (I went alone cause generic asian).
:'(
lo9CXnV.gif

ahdurian

anyone know where to get a cheap-ish MicroSDHC?
Finally going to upgrade the one in my N3DS.
all the ones im seeing at CanadaComputers/BB/Amazon are around 39

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What's it called?

Artisan Noodle

I thought it was a ramen place, but it's actually a Chinese noodle place. They use this thick chewy noodle that I really like
Some pics:
Beef noodle:

Lamb with chopped pao mo:

+Sauce is good
+Noodles are excellent
+Meat was really tender and flavourful
+They'll call you when your seats are ready so you don't have to stand there

-On some dishes, the meat was pretty stingy
-They are so swamped that they will probably forget your utensils, and water and whatnot

Anony

Artisan Noodle

I thought it was a ramen place, but it's actually a Chinese noodle place. They use this thick chewy noodle that I really like
Some pics:
Beef noodle:

Lamb with chopped pao mo:

+Sauce is good
+Noodles are excellent
+Meat was really tender and flavourful
+They'll call you when your seats are ready so you don't have to stand there

-On some dishes, the meat was pretty stingy
-They are so swamped that they will probably forget your utensils, and water and whatnot

prices of those dishes?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
HAH! Now you suckers will be forced to renew every few years...!

Ok, I got Splatoon. This game better be the second coming of fucking SMW with all the hype it's getting.

Sober

I don't have a WiiU because I'm a jobless fucker so I can't really think of spending the money on a console just yet.

Should stop being so lazy about job searching, but video games and shit.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
HAH! Now you suckers will be forced to renew every few years...!

Ok, I got Splatoon. This game better be the second coming of fucking SMW with all the hype it's getting.

I still have my red and white!

Level 19 here. And I've barely played the single player.

I will splat you with my .52 Gal Deco.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, did any of you stand in line for ths mac and cheese festival? Was it longer, or shorter than waiting for a Tetsu cheesecake?

Man...I have zero motivation to even set the old Wii U up and update this thing...

Really, I just got it to preemptively blame EM.

At least now you have another good co-op FPS, so you can finally put down TF2 and stop complaining to be randomly about how shitty all the players are!

August update will be the real test for the game. Tournament mode, private lobbies, a bunch more maps, but I think even now with shitty non-voice chat and random matchups, it's pretty fun. Plus.. Wii U has no other games for like 3 months..

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So, did any of you stand in line for ths mac and cheese festival? Was it longer, or shorter than waiting for a Tetsu cheesecake?

At least now you have another good co-op FPS, so you can finally put down TF2 and stop complaining to be randomly about how shitty all the players are!

August update will be the real test for the game. Tournament mode, private lobbies, a bunch more maps, but I think even now with shitty non-voice chat and random matchups, it's pretty fun. Plus.. Wii U has no other games for like 3 months..

Accept my friend request. :mad:

Top Bottom