• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Roto13

I learned some things about my situation in my apartment building today.

1) We've been here longer than anyone else who currently lives here.

2) Because of this, we pay the lowest rent in the building. If we moved into a one-bedroom apartment today, we'd be paying $300 more a month than we're paying for our current one.

3) We are the nicest people in this building. Everyone else is mean to the property manager. (He told us this.)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone thinks that! As long as you spoke confidently in your skills and abilities, I am sure you did fine.

I've gone through interviews that I thought I bombed, but ended up getting callbacks. Maybe you did better than you think. And even if you don't get the job, you can learn from your mistakes and be better prepared for the next one.

Thanks guys. I'll cross my fingers but I'm pretty sure I babbled something incoherent to one of the questions. But yeah, it's totally a learning experience and I wrote down the questions I was asked. I'll find out mid next week if I'm going to another interview.

The new Gamerama is open.

I took a quick look and it's a smaller space but I think that will be good for them. It looks like they have more stock on the shelves and everything is well displayed. Hope they maintain it.

I still standby the fact that the repair work they did on my PS3 was a piece of shit and I would not recommend them for that.

Sober

Good luck!!

Walking to work at 8am. There is a lineup at uncle tetsu.
Apparently my sister's friend got in before the lineup, but then again they are nurses so they finished their shift before it opened.

The cheesecake was good but I've had tons of japanese cheesecake before, so I wasn't blown away or anything.

The new Gamerama is open.

I took a quick look and it's a smaller space but I think that will be good for them. It looks like they have more stock on the shelves and everything is well displayed. Hope they maintain it.

I still standby the fact that the repair work they did on my PS3 was a piece of shit and I would not recommend them for that.

Oh they're open already? I saw their doors open when I bought my new monitor from the NCIX next door, but I didn't think they were already open for business.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. Why the fucking hell do people stop walking once they're in the subway?! I had to push the guy in front of me cause the goddamn door was closing.

The more I take the TTC the more I hate the people in this goddamn city. Papers in every car, idiots standing still after getting inside, morons blocking the door with their luggage to ask a person in the subway car if it was going to Queen or not. That idiot I told to fucking move.

Seriously. Why the fucking hell do people stop walking once they're in the subway?! I had to push the guy in front of me cause the goddamn door was closing.

The more I take the TTC the more I hate the people in this goddamn city. Papers in every car, idiots standing still after getting inside, morons blocking the door with their luggage to ask a person in the subway car if it was going to Queen or not. That idiot I told to fucking move.

So glad I'm able to walk to work lol. Such a rip off for me to pay $3 to only go from Wellesley station to King too.

random question, are the ontario place grounds closed off or are they open for the public? wouldn't mind jogging through there (don't judge)

Rinoa

So glad I'm able to walk to work lol. Such a rip off for me to pay $3 to only go from Wellesley station to King too.

LOLs I had no choice but to walk this morning to Bay from Osgoode stn to take a bus. Dem subway disruptions and the fire at Wellesley affected all of YUS (refuse to call it line 1). And this was after a bus delay and two trains moving at walking speed only to boot us out.

But the weather was so beautiful and I got to see the fountains there in the morning for once. Also passed by people doing that morning cheap tickets for Opera thing. Trying to enjoy life more when gettin from A to B, not worth stressing too much over folks on the subway since this is nothing. Wait till the Panam games start!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Was it through your Rogers email?

We have Rogers, but we haven't checked our Rogers email in like 9 years. It's 100% useless.
I don't even remember my password for it and the only way for me to reset it is to call them, fuck that.

jstripes

Banned
I don't even remember my password for it and the only way for me to reset it is to call them, fuck that.

Anyone who uses their ISP for email is an idiot.

(One of my coworkers switched his ISP last month and wondered what happened to all his emails.)

((I feel shitty for implying he's an idiot.))

Rinoa

Anyone who uses their ISP for email is an idiot.

(One of my coworkers switched his ISP last month and wondered what happened to all his emails.)

((I feel shitty for implying he's an idiot.))

Know that feel bro, I had to fight people to get off their ISP or school/work/aol/yahoo/hotmail/whatever emails.

Only now 10 years later people realize they gotta sign for gmails and having meltdowns over the ~shockingly different~ UI.

I keep thinking it's only because I was nerd and knew better since the early 90s to have email forwarders and whatever from the get go. But damn, they had the choice to change for ages and it is free.

mr.rager

So i'm gonna be going to LA then Vegas for a day sometime around August. Anyone have any recommendations on which places to visit? Which places to eat?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So i'm gonna be going to LA then Vegas for a day sometime around August. Anyone have any recommendations on which places to visit? Which places to eat?
Assuming you're on the strip and it's only one day try Bacchus at Caesar's Palace for an experience. Something smaller would be Secret Pizza but it's just ok compared to Libretto back here.

I found the employees and overall atmosphere in the old location insular and unfriendly. Which is par for the course at geek shops, but it doesn't excuse it.

That's absolutely how I felt in the old store. It's hard to say how the new store will feel just yet, it certainly looks better. They have been under new ownership for the past few months but I have been seeing a lot of old faces around still. The one guy who was in there during the days is gone though.

I think the repair shop they have is under separate ownership and those may be the same people. A lot of the times when I went in there someone had come in to complain or inquire about a repair. It didn't make for a good atmosphere. I actually preferred going to the EB upstairs.

LOLs I had no choice but to walk this morning to Bay from Osgoode stn to take a bus. Dem subway disruptions and the fire at Wellesley affected all of YUS (refuse to call it line 1). And this was after a bus delay and two trains moving at walking speed only to boot us out.

But the weather was so beautiful and I got to see the fountains there in the morning for once. Also passed by people doing that morning cheap tickets for Opera thing. Trying to enjoy life more when gettin from A to B, not worth stressing too much over folks on the subway since this is nothing. Wait till the Panam games start!

Yeah, summer mornings in Toronto are the best. Not too hot with the light breeze feels great. Bonus that I get to see all the pretty office ladies in the financial district too.

First time to LA? I really liked Griffith Observatory at night... you get an amazing view of the city. Also, In n Out of course - best price:quality ratio of any burger. The Grove is a really nice outdoor shopping mall. 3rd street promenade and the pier in Santa Monica are must visits IMO.

Quadratic

Yeah, summer mornings in Toronto are the best. Not too hot with the light breeze feels great. Bonus that I get to see all the pretty office ladies in the financial district too.

My small sample size of Vancouver mornings in the summer were similar. Or did I visit during unusual dry periods? I recall someone saying last time I was there it was nice to have 4 clear days in a row.

My small sample size of Vancouver mornings in the summer were similar. Or did I visit during unusual dry periods? I recall someone saying last time I was there it was nice to have 4 clear days in a row.

I guess you could say it's similar but for some reason I remember mornings being kind of cold in Vancouver - even in the summer. Most of the time, it looks like it's going to start raining any minute.

Roto13

I would love to be able to spend my summers in Vancouver.

Places to avoid in LA:

~ The entirety of LA.

Top Bottom