• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Rinoa

So, did any of you stand in line for ths mac and cheese festival? Was it longer, or shorter than waiting for a Tetsu cheesecake?

Saw a few fbook friends posting pics of how miserable it was, I knew it would be a plebfest but didn't expect a mess that bad.

krae_man

Oh man, I know some Co workers who will flip when they get that letter.

I'm going to need to check out the paper for angry letters.

My red And white snapped years ago.

Sober

I was never a fan of cheddar cheese, especially hot cheddar melted and all, so I can barely stand the smell of mac and cheese.

I guess that time we ordered bacon wrapped mac and cheese at St. Louis last meetup was okay, mostly cause I didn't know it was mac and cheese or it was good mac and cheese.

Much prefer it in broth, Hong Kong style.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The ENTIRE subway system is shut down right now.

I repeat not a part, the ENTIRE subway system is shut down with no shuttle buses.

Wow.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just for posterity:

http://www.cp24.com/news/most-ttc-subway-train-service-suspended-after-radios-fail-1.2411387

Subway train service on all four lines was suspended after the radio system train operators use to communicate with the control room failed entirely, the Toronto Transit Commission says.
Trains were holding in stations on the Yonge-University-Spadina line, the Bloor-Danforth line, the Sheppard line and the Scarborough RT, as crews rush to restore radio service.
"If we can't communicate with our subway trains, we can't run service," TTC spokesperson Brad Ross told CP24. He said all communication systems, including telephone and internet service, have failed at the service's central control centre. Ross said they were not sure what caused the radio outage.
Officials began closing off access to subway stations to keep passengers from overcrowding them. Shuttle buses will not be running to replace shuttered subway service, TTC officials said. Ross said he was not told why the Commission could not run replacement surface shuttle buses.
By 7:15 a.m., the TTC was able to resume service on the Scarborough RT between Lawrence East and McCowan stations.

ahdurian

will take my sweet time getting dt today to avoid the chaos

same

my department at work has a ghcat open and everyone was complaining about it
some people are just waiting, some people are taking Uber, mainly because of meetings
just gonna wait out the rush and get there when i get there

Made it in to work 40 minutes past the time I usually do.

Went up to St. Clair and took the street car across the city to St. Clair station.

I usually do the Dupont bus in major delays but I don't think it would have made much of a difference here.

Quadratic

This morning's TTC disruption didn't hamper my commute but I did notice when I was checking bus predictions around 7am there were errors. Something must have gone screwy with their GPS system. When I saw the alert no shuttle buses were being deployed I was glad my route to work doesn't rely on subway service. What a cruddy way to start Monday. Already had a bunch of no shows at work because of this.

mr.rager

Took the streetcar for the first time in years Friday evening... It broke down within 5 minutes of me getting on loool

And thanks for the tips on LA/Vegas. I'll have to discuss it with my friend.

zroid

Banned
45ed10749a49416e9e4ecec872086ac4.png

LOL those cunts

Roto13

Yup. Uber loves their surge pricing. They do it everywhere, taking advantage of people who are already having a bad day.

Anth0ny

So, did any of you stand in line for ths mac and cheese festival? Was it longer, or shorter than waiting for a Tetsu cheesecake?

I showed up at around 7PM on Saturday and the lines were long as fuck. Bummer, I was craving some mac and cheese.

Decided to drink a bunch of beer instead.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The grand prize for the Smash Bros tournament should be coming over to my place and having home made mac and cheese. No lines. A dream for many Torontonians.

No but I did make my own mac and cheese at home and drank some beer while watching 24. I chose correctly if those pictures are anything to go by.

Hopefully you weren't watching season 6, cause that would mean no.

No I started from the beginning and I'm on season 5 right now

I don't think I'm gonna keep going after 5.

Actually you know what fuck it I'll suffer through 6 and just skim through some parts by smashing my right arrow key and see if I can get by

Sober

No I started from the beginning and I'm on season 5 right now

I don't think I'm gonna keep going after 5.

Actually you know what fuck it I'll suffer through 6 and just skim through some parts by smashing my right arrow key and see if I can get by
Season 5 is great. I think season 6 was okay, I watched it live but I thought it was so-so. Probably should still watch it because you should just watch it anyway. 7 and 8 (LAD) are not too bad. Live Another Day is shorter too.

explodet

Let's think of other food that can be turned into a theme for a Toronto food festival that will inevitably be swamped with people and be called a massive disappointment.

We don't even need to cook anything. We'll just form a massive line using a bunch of mannequins and most people will leave in frustration, the rest we'll just pacify by giving them a couple of free bottles of Labatt Blue.

Badmouthed on social media? Who cares, we'll already have their money.

Renewed

Let's think of other food that can be turned into a theme for a Toronto food festival that will inevitably be swamped with people and be called a massive disappointment.

We don't even need to cook anything. We'll just form a massive line using a bunch of mannequins and most people will leave in frustration, the rest we'll just pacify by giving them a couple of free bottles of Labatt Blue.

Badmouthed on social media? Who cares, we'll already have their money.

Basically offering the service of waiting in line for hours. They got what they paid for.

Top Bottom