• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Darya Selinevich, of Richmond Hill, has been charged with driving while disqualified, criminal negligence causing death, dangerous operation causing death, impaired operation causing death, failing to stop after an accident causing death, flight while being pursued by police, and refusing a breath sample causing death.

That.. is some list of charges. She sounds like a real piece of work.

I complain a lot about cyclist behavior, but I mean, it's no wonder they want to ride on the sidewalks so much with the way car drivers treat them. And that's just people on the normal commute, who aren't drunk driving without a license. Scary.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That.. is some list of charges. She sounds like a real piece of work.

I complain a lot about cyclist behavior, but I mean, it's no wonder they want to ride on the sidewalks so much with the way car drivers treat them. And that's just people on the normal commute, who aren't drunk driving without a license. Scary.

Holy crap at the charges.

Willectro

Banned
Mean while at City Council..

fQPIEAR.png

Kraftwerk

Will never forgive this city for what they did to that man.

The day of reckoning will come.

The heretics will burn.

EDIT : holy shit i thought that was him.

EDIT : Oh that is him?

ahdurian

How well do they price collectibles out? I'm guessing they look at the condition of the box and all that.

not sure, but I always see posts from them saying "TRADE INS!" and at times there are collector's editions in there
I might go there myself to sell my Adventure Time and Demon Gaze CE's since no one seems to be biting on the B/S/T thread here or on eBay

How well do they price collectibles out? I'm guessing they look at the condition of the box and all that.

I know A & C will do some quoting over the phone. My friend had a good experience selling them his copy of Earthbound.

I haven't heard impression of Game Mania but they do carry a lot of collectibles that they tend to overprice.

I would try both and compare the two.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
More people being hit. Drivers, pls

@680NEWS
Scene at Yonge & Empress north of Sheppard where 3 pedestrians have been struck

CHPMCYuWQAARzAx.jpg

@SeeThisDoc 53m53 minutes ago
@680news My friend saw it. A woman hit a cab, tried to drive away, jumped curb, hit the black car. 1 person seemed dead, at least 2 injured.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So many pedestrian accidents in the last few days.

Last two both from hit and runs

Disgusting

I have multiple friends who work around there who would have been on lunch at that time. Just checking in on them.

That's scary.

Edit: Everyone checked in. They apparently crossed that street 15 minutes before it happened.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This is why I will literally stare at cars as I cross the street and I stay off my phone on the sidewalk. They already fail to stop at crosswalks often enough, it's only a matter of time before one jumps the curb near me. And Bathurst St sidewalks up here are pretty tiny. :(

This is why I will literally stare at cars as I cross the street and I stay off my phone on the sidewalk. They already fail to stop at crosswalks often enough, it's only a matter of time before one jumps the curb near me. And Bathurst St sidewalks up here are pretty tiny. :(

Yeah, I look and make eye contact with drivers these days. You need to make sure people aren't doing anything stupid.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I look and make eye contact with drivers these days. You need to make sure people aren't doing anything stupid.
Yeah. I read somewhere (Reddit?) that a green means it's legal to cross but it doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to cross.

I do the stare as well cause they often go RIGHT up to the line and stop suddenly instead of slowing down.

My commute home on the TTC has me convinced I am going to go crazy.

We get off a crowded subway at a crowded Yonge station and some guy walks out from the side and stands right in front of everyone's way with the biggest shit eating grin on his face. I pushed by him, well I practically shoulder checked him, not my finest hour. It just pissed me off.

I get on the Bloor-Danforth subway and want to sit and ask a lady to let me get to the seat. She gives me the dirtiest look and takes her sweet time moving her bag. I had really inconvenienced her, I guess. She was probably pissed that there were other seats available and that I was making her move so I could get to the one beside her, but it was the one I wanted... so.

As I am getting off the subway I see another person with their feet up on one of the blue seats.

These people look like they should be normal, well adjusted, individuals but it's like they are trying to be dicks. I don't get it. In New York I expect crazies when I get on the subway. Here it's more about our average citizens being complete shit.

I needed to rant. I feel like a dick for pushing that guy and it solves nothing. I need to take a few days away from the TTC.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

We get off a crowded subway at a crowded Yonge station and some guy walks out from the side and stands right in front of everyone's way with the biggest shit eating grin on his face. I pushed by him, well I practically shoulder checked him, not my finest hour. It just pissed me off.

I get on the Bloor-Danforth subway and want to sit and ask a lady to let me get to the seat. She gives me the dirtiest look and takes her sweet time moving her bag. I had really inconvenienced her, I guess. She was probably pissed that there were other seats available and that I was making her move so I could get to the one beside her, but it was the one I wanted... so.

As I am getting off the subway I see another person with their feet up on one of the blue seats.

These people look like they should be normal, well adjusted, individuals but it's like they are trying to be dicks. I don't get it. In New York I expect crazies when I get on the subway. Here it's more about our average citizens being complete shit.

I needed to rant. I feel like a dick for pushing that guy and it solves nothing. I need to take a few days away from the TTC.
Yup. No shame. Like I said earlier, the more I take the TTC the more I hate the people living in it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Seems like a normal commute to me. I often shoulder check people in the subway, or on the sidewalks when they're walking 2-3 wide, giving no space to anyone else. I'm probably lucky no one has taken a swing a me, but people can be so oblivious (at best) and / or rude assholes.

I mean, I also try to make way and let people pass that need to pass. If there's room for one to pass (ie; garbage can on the side walk), I don't need to be the one in a rush, pushing people into the street. But fuck, some people..

Taking up more than one seat always bugs the fuck out of me too, but it's easy to see why people do it as very very few will ever say anything. I definitely ask to have a seat if I'm going more than a couple of stops. Most of the time people move, even if they're not happy. A few times I've had people try to ignore me, so I make a move to sit on their bag, foot, or whatever and that usually gets their attention.

I guess all the asshole behaviour of others has rubbed off on me.

I'm pretty sure at this point the only way we're gonna get rid of the Gardiner is if we get some random earthquake destroys it, or if it just collapses by itself

Who the fuck even thinks of turning their steering wheel toward a sidewalk? Fucking psychotics man.

I've been taking the subway daily for 7 months now (drove to work before that). Overall I don't have any complaints of anyone being an asshole to me but I've occasionally seen some douchy things but not too much. Only complaint is finch station during rush hour, people push to get on those busses and I just want to turn around and fuck everyone in the face when it happens even though it's obviously just one asshole doing it.

That's why I leave work at 4-4:30 though so I can beat that.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ottawa boy here.

Gonna be in Toronto with the little lady for the weekend.

What places do you guys recommend to eat? or check out as a fun activity.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be at the eaton hotel downtown.

We both like seafood and sushi, also italian and middle eastern food.
A cakeboss has appeared! I'll eschew my normal harassment of you from NHL thread and be helpful.

I suggest checking the OP. Tons of info in there.

Modern sushi = Jabistro
Classic sushi = Sushi Yasu/Sushi Moto
Italian = try little Italy though if it's pizza go to Pizzeria Libretto
Middle Eastern = to be honest I've heard Ottawa had better stuff. I go to Paramount but I've had better.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Goto JaBistro for Sushi, it's amazing

As for Italian, try 7 Numbers, it's a bit farther north but I swear it's the best Italian in the city

Look into Bar Isabel, or any of the Buca restaurants. They're Spanish, but regarded as some of the best restaurants in the city.

Top Bottom