• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Good news. Finally got myself a job after a summer of job searching. Granted it's just part time work but its something I can do while I wrap up my studies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just got a job as well. It's a contract until the end of the year, but I am going to work my ass off and get on permanently. Jobs for everyone!

The job hunt was pretty tough, tbh. My little brother resorted to applying to one-time gigs and this weird phone interview survey job. He claimed it was soul-crushingly boring work.

One of my sisters was working in this baby store that closed recently 'cause the owner decided to move on from the business. Luckily, she found something else real quick.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This position opened up because someone quit three weeks before the project launches and it is tough to actually find QA with experience (ie; not new Humber grads). It helps that I am friends with basically half the QA department at this place too.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Good news. Finally got myself a job after a summer of job searching. Granted it's just part time work but its something I can do while I wrap up my studies.

I just got a job as well. It's a contract until the end of the year, but I am going to work my ass off and get on permanently. Jobs for everyone!

Well done! Congrats!

Grats guys!!!

Shadowkat, you're next!!!

Jobs come in threes?

EvilMario, the job I have an interview is a year contract but if when I get this job, I will work like crazy to become permanent.

Just hope I didn't jinx myself. D:

PS: I want to say that I really appreciate the encouragement from everyone in the thread. Here's to hoping I won't let you down.

This position opened up because someone quit three weeks before the project launches and it is tough to actually find QA with experience (ie; not new Humber grads). It helps that I am friends with basically half the QA department at this place too.

EvilMario
Will QA for food.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TTC. Best worst transit system.

Edit: random story of the day
So I was having lunch with my coworkers and we talked about cats. One of my female coworkers tells me that she would never let this other female coworker of ours take care of a cat because she tried to feed a neighbourhood cat a banana once...

Stet

Banned
TTC. Best worst transit system.

Edit: random story of the day
So I was having lunch with my coworkers and we talked about cats. One of my female coworkers tells me that she would never let this other female coworker of ours take care of a cat because she tried to feed a neighbourhood cat a banana once...

My cat once had bloodwork done and was low on potassium and the vet told me to give him some banana.

Roto13

Bananas are totally safe for cats. Most cats probably wouldn't eat them though.

It's oranges they have to watch out for.

Hieberrr

Jeez, I just did a webcam interview... but to no one. It was a recorded interview and I literally had 30 seconds to read the question prepare for it, and 2 minutes or so to answer it. Sufficed to say, I completely bombed it due to the process and awkwardness. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

dluu13

Jeez, I just did a webcam interview... but to no one. It was a recorded interview and I literally had 30 seconds to read the question prepare for it, and 2 minutes or so to answer it. Sufficed to say, I completely bombed it due to the process and awkwardness. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

That sounds ridiculous. What kind of job is this interview for?

Hieberrr

That sounds ridiculous. What kind of job is this interview for?
It was for a marketing job. It was absolutely ridiculous - I knew that when I got the email for it, but decided it was best to do it anyways. I'm sure there were others who were capable of doing this much better than I was, so props to them.

dluu13

It was for a marketing job. It was absolutely ridiculous - I knew that when I got the email for it, but decided it was best to do it anyways. I'm sure there were others who were capable of doing this much better than I was, so props to them.

Well, I hope whoever passed at least gets a face to face interview. I don't think I'd like to work at a place where they didn't even bother to see me in person before hiring me.

ahdurian

that's freaking messed up

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
pls, no

5R5DLxC.png

Anyone going to the X15 event on the 19th?

What's this about then? I hadn't heard anything.

The last X event I remember was the one on Queen St. back before Gears 3 launched. A bunch of us went to a bar afterwards and got to hang with Rod Fergusson. He was a pretty cool dude.

zorbsie

What's this about then? I hadn't heard anything.

The last X event I remember was the one on Queen St. back before Gears 3 launched. A bunch of us went to a bar afterwards and got to hang with Rod Fergusson. He was a pretty cool dude.

Here's a link to the event. http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/x15

Getting to play some games early and see a live demo of some up coming games sounds like a good time to me. I'll be there for sure.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

That sounds completely terrible.

My AC broke this morning
I had to shower 4 times to keep cool :(

I don't even have AC to break!

Quadratic

Mini meetup today at Paupers Pub in the Annex @2pm. EvilMario technically is still QA'ing for food but now it can cover his rent.

Watching the Jays (win) and playing some Drunk Mon Hun. If anyone is around there is welcome to join in. Or just drive by and call us nerds like Addedtime did once ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Mini meetup today at Paupers Pub in the Annex @2pm. EvilMario technically is still QA'ing for food but now it can cover his rent.

Watching the Jays (win) and playing some Drunk Mon Hun. If anyone is around there is welcome to join in. Or just drive by and call us nerds like Addedtime did once ;)
He only did it that one time...! D:

Now let's see if the Jays can beat the Toronto Sports Team curse. Argos and Rock don't count.

Top Bottom