• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I'll definitely have time for this. So no registration necessary. Just board the shuttle bus from Union and it takes you straight to the event?

On reddit they mentioned something about it kind of being a first come first served kinda thing. I think there's limited space so leaving early might be a good idea. It looks like the shuttle bus is just another option to get there. Personally I'm just gonna leave early and take the TTC

Reddit comment in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/co...nvited_to_x15_on_august_19_in_toronto/ctq43w4

ahdurian

I'm starting to hate taxis even more...

Was waiting for the bus today, and a taxi had the nerve to come up to me, roll down his window and asked me if he could take me anywhere.
I said I had a Metropass and was just heading to Kipling Station (like a 5minute bus ride), so it was alright, but he still tried to convince me to get in and let him take me to the station because he'd get me there before the bus came to the stop

Was waiting for the bus today, and a taxi had the nerve to come up to me, roll down his window and asked me if he could take me anywhere.
I said I had a Metropass and was just heading to Kipling Station (like a 5minute bus ride), so it was alright, but he still tried to convince me to get in and let him take me to the station because he'd get me there before the bus came to the stop

what is there to hate, you need to get somewhere and he says he is willing to get you there for a fee?

ahdurian

what is there to hate, you need to get somewhere and he says he is willing to get you there for a fee?

it was more annoying that I told him I was fine, even telling him I had a metropass, yet he was still insistent on make getting in his cab.
He was more likely trying to make a quick buck, since he was probably on his way to the station anyways

Hieberrr

Today's weather was fantastic! I wish I had a hat though. I spent the whole day watching the Rogers Cup/Canadian Open and basically came home 50 shades darker.

N° 2048

it was more annoying that I told him I was fine, even telling him I had a metropass, yet he was still insistent on make getting in his cab.
He was more likely trying to make a quick buck, since he was probably on his way to the station anyways

I understand the annoyance, I just go the usual Toronto way and say "Are you fucking deaf? I said no."

Went to the Jays game today. It's really too bad I have to drive to Seattle just to watch a Canadian team play. Vancouver is a one sport town lmao.

Anyway, got a meeting at Rotman at UofT tomorrow that ends at noon. Was going to go shopping on Bloor for the afternoon. Yall have much better selection of the fashion style I like (European and New York inspired rather than Asian and LA). Anyone wanna recommend a unique Toronto shop to check out some cool stuff?

Azih

Went to the Jays game today. It's really too bad I have to drive to Seattle just to watch a Canadian team play. Vancouver is a one sport town lmao.

Anyway, got a meeting at Rotman at UofT tomorrow that ends at noon. Was going to go shopping on Bloor for the afternoon. Yall have much better selection of the fashion style I like (European and New York inspired rather than Asian and LA). Anyone wanna recommend a unique Toronto shop to check out some cool stuff?

Not really my nerdy scene but I'm pretty sure that you can still just get off at Osgoode subway station and walk west on Queen to get your fill of 'unique' Toronto shops.

How long you in town for?

Roto13

That's pretty low on the list of reasons to hate taxis.

Apoc29

Where the Arby's at in this stinking town? Sure, if you want cheap fast food there are plenty of options, but curly fries, man...curly fries.

zroid

Banned
Where the Arby's at in this stinking town? Sure, if you want cheap fast food there are plenty of options, but curly fries, man...curly fries.

lol, there used to be Arbys in the Eaton Centre and other mall food courts, but they've evacuated from the city over the years. I think the two nearest locations to Toronto now are in Ajax and Burlington.

2IfST5ch.jpg

i-Jest

On reddit they mentioned something about it kind of being a first come first served kinda thing. I think there's limited space so leaving early might be a good idea. It looks like the shuttle bus is just another option to get there. Personally I'm just gonna leave early and take the TTC

Reddit comment in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...oronto/ctq43w4

Ah ah I see. I'll be doing the same then. Thanks for the heads up.

soultron

Banned
Fuck #TeamWarm. You asked for this!

Meanwhile, in Paris, it's basically autumn already. Going to Iceland later this week for some #TeamCold action. #BRRR #ICEDOUT

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
First day at work went well. Dog was losing his mind when we came home, but our neighbours said he didn't make a sound all day. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when he expects it and with the thunderstorms. Gulp.

Oh and #teamwinter, but somehow still #teamnoac

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First day at work went well. Dog was losing his mind when we came home, but our neighbours said he didn't make a sound all day. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when he expects it and with the thunderstorms. Gulp.

#teamhangoutatthemall lol

Roto13

I'm basically doing what I always do when there's a heatwave and sitting here with my AC going all day and all night and not going out until it's over.*

*(lighting the fuzzysignal)

Entropia

No One Remembers

That's awesome man! :D

Not really my nerdy scene but I'm pretty sure that you can still just get off at Osgoode subway station and walk west on Queen to get your fill of 'unique' Toronto shops.

How long you in town for?

6 days. I'm in town on business. Also wanted to check out UofT. Thinking of doing an MBA next year

Holy smokes it's hot

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My dog does well on the subway and buses, but hates the movement / shaking of the jank streetcars.

You get some interesting reactions taking a 'big' black dog on transit though. I've had people bolt out the door to switch cars, people jump up on seats, sometimes a TTC person will be an ass too. "You're responsible for that dog, right?" Mmm, yes, of course? Sometimes I'll pick him up and carry him through a place like Bathurst Station, where it's busy and he is very skitterish on the floors there. That'll get some looks too, but that I understand. :p

He likes attention if someone will give it to him, but he's content to just sit there and anxiously await our stop.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My dog does well on the subway and buses, but hates the movement / shaking of the jank streetcars.

You get some interesting reactions taking a 'big' black dog on transit though. I've had people bolt out the door to switch cars, people jump up on seats, sometimes a TTC person will be an ass too. "You're responsible for that dog, right?" Mmm, yes, of course? Sometimes I'll pick him up and carry him through a place like Bathurst Station, where it's busy and he is very skitterish on the floors there. That'll get some looks too, but that I understand. :p

He likes attention if someone will give it to him, but he's content to just sit there and anxiously await our stop.
Where was the offer to pick me up and carry me through Bathurst station?! :'(

Glad the first day went well even if poor Chewie has to adjust.

ZZMitch

Hey guys how do you recommend getting to Kingston from Toronto on a Sunday evening? I usually take Via rail but the last train on Sunday appears to be at 6:30pm and I want something more like 8:30pm... might have to do a 6:40am train on Monday I suppose.

dluu13

Hey guys how do you recommend getting to Kingston from Toronto on a Sunday evening? I usually take Via rail but the last train on Sunday appears to be at 6:30pm and I want something more like 8:30pm... might have to do a 6:40am train on Monday I suppose.

You could probably take Megabus. I think they are cheaper than VIA rail. There's wifi and charge ports on the buses too, but GAF is inexplicably blocked due to "games".
I did a Toronto-Kingston round trip for $70 once.

ZZMitch

You could probably take Megabus. I think they are cheaper than VIA rail. There's wifi and charge ports on the buses too, but GAF is inexplicably blocked due to "games".

Good idea! I have always taken the train but this will be a good opportunity to see how the bus is. Looks like there is a 9:00pm on Sunday route. Cheaper too

Azih

6 days. I'm in town on business. Also wanted to check out UofT. Thinking of doing an MBA next year

Holy smokes it's hot

To get some idea of UofT find Convocation Hall. It's in a section of the university that actually feels like a separate campus. The rest of it is just tons of buildings scattered across the downtown core. Walk St.George between College and Bloor to get a sense of that. I guess walk into the Rotman School of Management building too. It's on the same strip of St.George.

krae_man

$70? You booked late. I got to Boston for $12 once.

I didn't realize the Montreal bus stopped in Kingston, thought it stopped In Brockville.

dluu13

Yeah I had a friend here for business in Kingston and I went to visit him on impulse. It was the middle of January and it was cold and miserable lol.

I think I'll bag off work at 2pm tomorrow and head over to that Xbox thing. Will be downtown around 4:30pm. Who all is going?

Definitely gonna check it out for maybe 2-3 hours. Might as well since I'm not doing anything.

Since there's limited space I guess I should leave pretty early

Top Bottom