• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I hope the Xbox shuttle bus looks ridiculous and is all green with Xbox logos all over it.

Unless it's just a plain bus. That's be boring.

N° 2048

I hope the Xbox shuttle bus looks ridiculous and is all green with Xbox logos all over it.

Unless it's just a plain bus. That's be boring.

Something like this but with XBOs would be awesome.

blogbus2.jpg

xbox_safety_dance_3.jpg

Quick

Banned
It's about that time again where I become a hypocrite and buy Fan Expo tickets after telling myself that I "might not come back next year."

N° 2048

It's about that time again where I become a hypocrite and buy Fan Expo tickets after telling myself that I "might not come back next year."

Told myself last year I wouldn't go again, what a bore/headache.
Mostly going this year because the girlfriend wants to go. I just don't do well with crowds, noise regardless of how anime/video game it is.

I did go Thursday last year and we're going Friday this year so. Maybe it'll be better? Looking forward to buying some key chains if anything. Maybe a figure too.

Quick

Banned
Told myself last year I wouldn't go again, what a bore/headache.
Mostly going this year because the girlfriend wants to go. I just don't do well with crowds, noise regardless of how anime/video game it is.

I did go Thursday last year and we're going Friday this year so. Maybe it'll be better? Looking forward to buying some key chains if anything. Maybe a figure too.

I'm in it for some shirts. The shirt printing and the giant shirt tents.

I did Saturday and Sunday, and I might be insane enough to do Friday-Sunday this time. The Doctor Who panel only has the expensive tickets left, so I might consider the Harry Potter panel.

I did Thursday-Sunday on the first year they opened for four days, and my feet were dead by the end of Sunday.

Something like this but with XBOs would be awesome.

blogbus2.jpg

xbox_safety_dance_3.jpg

There better be a guy at Union Station in a green train person outfit yelling "ALL ABOARD THE XBUS"

God, I still remember when they held the street festival all over Yonge St and how Playstation just had this mysterious trailer with games in it

I've somehow gone every year for the past like 5-6 even though after the 3rd time I kept going "I don't know if I want to go this year" and just end up going anyway. I usually get a weekend pass with friends and we hang out the whole weekend there. Last year I just constantly kept going back to play COD AW

krae_man

There better be a guy at Union Station in a green train person outfit yelling "ALL ABOARD THE XBUS"

God, I still remember when they held the street festival all over Yonge St and how Playstation just had this mysterious trailer with games in it

Singing a terrible parody of "Air Force One"

Mhee123

Neo Member
I'm probably going straight after work at 4:30PM. I wanna ride the green rocket! Hope to see some of you guys there. I'm going there for the Cuphead!

Mannnn I need to start wrapping up for the night and getting ready for bed sooner or later but I'm not even the least bit tired. Honestly feel like running through the 6 with my woes.

Not even joking.

i-Jest

What would be a good time to leave out for the X15 event today? I think I'll leave at 1pm. I wanna beat the rush. I imagine lineups are gonna be long.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Phone interview done. Overall, I think I did well. There's a couple of things I wish I answered slightly differently, but it felt good. Much, much better the last time I did one.

Plus they called yesterday and arranged a face to face meeting with the hiring manager (before I had done the phone one) so I take that as a good sign.

What would be a good time to leave out for the X15 event today? I think I'll leave at 1pm. I wanna beat the rush. I imagine lineups are gonna be long.

Doors open at 6pm.

I expect it to be busy but I don't think we need to arrive several hours before, do we?

I'm not off work until 4pm. I was thinking of heading down to Union, grabbing a bite and then just waiting for the shuttle bus at 5:45.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Phone interview done. Overall, I think I did well. There's a couple of things I wish I answered slightly differently, but it felt good. Much, much better the last time I did one.

Plus they called yesterday and arranged a face to face meeting with the hiring manager (before I had done the phone one) so I take that as a good sign.

Yay, that's awesome! Everyone wishes they had answered questions differently, so don't let that get to you. :p

What's this position for?

Personally I'm gonna leave around 3:30PM or so. From Yonge & Eglinton it'll take me around 30-45 minutes to get there depending on the Cherry bus from King I guess.

I'm not even sure how many people are gonna show up. Not even a vague estimate. So I'm leaving early just to be safe. I'm used to the long shitty lines though.

Quadratic

A face to face meeting is promising. Hopefully it's just a formality to meet you in person before taking you on. Good luck.

Azih

Yeah, you've been doing great so far shadowkat. Hopefully this is the last one.

whitehawk

Banned
Do you think we'll be able to drive down and park at Sound Academy? Or the only access will be via this shuttle bus?
From website:

Where can I park and what time does it open for events?

There is a car parking lot located across the street from our venue on the north side. Typically it opens one hour prior to any Door Time stated on your ticket. Parking rates may vary according to the event and date, but generally is $20 per vehicle. **CASH ONLY**

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, that's awesome! Everyone wishes they had answered questions differently, so don't let that get to you. :p

What's this position for?

I'm doing my best not to overthink it. It felt like I had a pretty good rapport with the interviewer.

It's a coordinator job, mainly for facilities, to make sure that things are fixed etc.

A face to face meeting is promising. Hopefully it's just a formality to meet you in person before taking you on. Good luck.

I was a bit surprised when they asked for the face to face, since I hadn't had the phone interview but they said they wanted to move to the next step. :D

Yeah, you've been doing great so far shadowkat. Hopefully this is the last one.

Thank you! I hope so too.

McDougles

Hey Toronto-GAF, I have a pickle of a predicament.

Over the past few months, my landlord has been trying to selling the property I rent from to new owners. My roommate and I know that the new owners want to tear down the property to build townhouses, and it was just a few days ago that ownership officially transferred over. They told us we can stay here, no problems, until they likely tear down around Summer 2016.

Here's where it gets tricky.

My roommate and I are on month-to-month. I want to move out for November 1st, he wants to stay as long as possible because the rent is super cheap. He can even pay for 2 months after I would leave to stay there by himself, if absolutely necessary. If I write a letter of intent to vacate in the next 10 days (60 days notice), while the roommate stays, am I still eligible with the new property owners to not pay for my last month's rent? Or do we both have to move to get that benefit?

I looked all variations of this scenario online, couldn't find any answers.

Hey Toronto-GAF, I have a pickle of a predicament.

Over the past few months, my landlord has been trying to selling the property I rent from to new owners. My roommate and I know that the new owners want to tear down the property to build townhouses, and it was just a few days ago that ownership officially transferred over. They told us we can stay here, no problems, until they likely tear down around Summer 2016.

Here's where it gets tricky.

My roommate and I are on month-to-month. I want to move out for November 1st, he wants to stay as long as possible because the rent is super cheap. He can even pay for 2 months after I would leave to stay there by himself, if absolutely necessary. If I write a letter of intent to vacate in the next 10 days (60 days notice), while the roommate stays, am I still eligible with the new property owners to not pay for my last month's rent? Or do we both have to move to get that benefit?

I looked all variations of this scenario online, couldn't find any answers.

Hmm. Not too sure.

Are the owners not offering you a payout due to the fact that they are tearing down your place? I received a few thousand dollars for moving expenses and the inconvenience. I needed to stick around until after a certain date though.

McDougles

Are the owners not offering you a payout due to the fact that they are tearing down your place? I received a few thousand dollars for moving expenses and the inconvenience. I needed to stick around until after a certain date though.

We haven't had a lease for years, and they are in the process of getting the zoning permits, etc. while we stay here. It's pretty much, "you can live here until next summer, essentially, and we'll let you know when exactly that is once we're approved to tear down."

There would be no reason for them to incentivize an early move out.

IceIpor

Going to complain a little.

But, WTH door to door sales people?! Stop trying to sell my parents dumb stuff like water softeners, and showing how "dirty" the water is, and then asking for the hydro bill to show that they "qualify" for the installation, when a hydro bill is for electricity!

It took us years to finally get them off Summit Energy because of the dumb contracts, I don't want them paying hundreds more for more unnecessary crap like that again.

Roto13

Going to complain a little.

But, WTH door to door sales people?! Stop trying to sell my parents dumb stuff like water softeners, and showing how "dirty" the water is, and then asking for the hydro bill to show that they "qualify" for the installation, when a hydro bill is for electricity!

It took us years to finally get them off Summit Energy because of the dumb contracts, I don't want them paying hundreds more for more unnecessary crap like that again.

I like those people because you can be as horrible as you want to them and not feel guilty.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Almost there...! Keep it up! :)
deep fried cheesecake... mmm

CMyEa0pUYAAQXnH.jpg
Omg hyperglycaemia here I come. D:

We haven't had a lease for years, and they are in the process of getting the zoning permits, etc. while we stay here. It's pretty much, "you can live here until next summer, essentially, and we'll let you know when exactly that is once we're approved to tear down."

There would be no reason for them to incentivize an early move out.

Call someone at city hall and just inquire. You could be leaving money on the table. I had been at my place for a few years. My lease had passed the one year mark.

If they are tearing down your residence to replace your property with condos or townhouses there are all sorts of bylaws that may be in your favour for compensation.

Well I'm at X15. Not sure what to do now cause it doesn't look like its open yet. I didn't expect the bus to be already at King station so I'm here like 30 minutes ahead of how long j thought I was gonna be here.

Top Bottom