• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
It's fine, there's an underground lot you can get into from the next block up, Orchard View Blvd. If you spend over like $15 at the Metro, you can get your parking validated too!

Thanks. Maybe I'll go to Metro and buy something just to Take advantage.

Can't have too much cheese...or something.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Of course they had to hit one of the few, new, streetcars.

KgJ3aa8.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Your job is to carry me, goddammit!

Mini review:

Descendant Pizza

http://www.torontolife.com/daily-di...7/descendant-pizza-detroit-style-leslieville/

Deep dish style pizza. Crust is very tasty, toppings very flavourful, nice thick bite. Expensive for what you get though so be forewarned. Sold out 7 days in a row apparently since they opened.

I was wondering what 'Detroit pizza' was and how it was different than Chicago deep dish. I guess the interior is the answer. It feels very Detroit.

descendantdetroitstyle04.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
I accepted a job offer today and starting tomorrow! So Shadowkat, it's your turn to get a job (After Evil Mario)

Almost ended up in Toronto, but decided to go with a job in London.

Roto13

My regular Indian place closed down. :(

Also, I checked its Yelp page, and found this.

DftWk6X.png

"You know, I don't taste any prayer at all in this butter chicken."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering what 'Detroit pizza' was and how it was different than Chicago deep dish. I guess the interior is the answer. It feels very Detroit.

descendantdetroitstyle04.jpg
It used to be some Indian takeout place and when I spoke to the owners, they admitted it was horrendously dirty, but they assured me they cleaned it up enough to "eat off the floors".

I ended up getting takeout anyways and it was definitely tasty though 17 plus tip for what looks like 4 thick pieces is subjective for whether it was value or not.

I narrowed down my places to move to:

1. Bay and College area

2. North York
a. Yonge/Sheppard
b. North York Centre Subway Station area (i.e. condo right in between Sheppard and Finch)
c. Yonge/Finch

3. Cityplace/Fort York area

Any things I should have in mind or watch out for when moving to one of these areas? Especially if I will not have a car.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I accepted a job offer today and starting tomorrow! So Shadowkat, it's your turn to get a job (After Evil Mario)

Almost ended up in Toronto, but decided to go with a job in London.

CONGRATS!!!!!

I don't know. I read this post and I just had this weird feeling that you'll get it.

you just will.

Oh, I hope you are right!

We talkin' 'bout jobs?

I need a new job. Traveling to Mississauga every morning via transit is killing me.

I once took the transit to work when I worked in Mississauga. Never again.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Good luck shadowkat!

I narrowed down my places to move to:

1. Bay and College area

2. North York
a. Yonge/Sheppard
b. North York Centre Subway Station area (i.e. condo right in between Sheppard and Finch)
c. Yonge/Finch

3. Cityplace/Fort York area

Any things I should have in mind or watch out for when moving to one of these areas? Especially if I will not have a car.

I can attest that the North York area is great. Not much to look out for, aside from that the rent might be pretty high. This area has everything going for it, unless you need to drive anywhere, which in that case, is really freaking terrible.

I can attest that the North York area is great. Not much to look out for, aside from that the rent might be pretty high. This area has everything going for it, unless you need to drive anywhere, which in that case, is really freaking terrible.

Rent there seems pretty similar to Cityplace/Fort York area downtown but I'd rather have a quick, short, walk to the Sheppard/North York Center/Finch TTC station and then walk in the PATH than walk through blocks of snow to get onto a crappy street car and then have to transfer multiple times to get to work.

Also, what's terrible about driving in North York? Has to be better than driving downtown, isn't it?

Divvy

Rent there seems pretty similar to Cityplace/Fort York area downtown but I'd rather have a quick, short, walk to the Sheppard/North York Center/Finch TTC station and then walk in the PATH than walk through blocks of snow to get onto a crappy street car and then have to transfer multiple times to get to work.

Also, what's terrible about driving in North York? Has to be better than driving downtown, isn't it?

Yonge and Sheppard to the 401 is a disaster zone due to the idiotic left turn on ramp to the 401 West. Also the construction on the Emerald condos has reduced one side to two lanes which makes getting past Sheppard take forever during bad hours.

But if you don't drive, it's a pretty great place to live. Easy transit, lots of food options, convenient shopping, really safe, 10,000 bubble tea places.

Divvy

Cool. Are there any Hong Kong style cafes in North York or do I have to go into Richmond Hill/Markham for that

Not Hong Kong style, but a lot of Taiwan style. But mostly it's a mix of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and Middle Eastern food.

Azih

Also things are cheaper north of Finch. Ghetto Food Basics and run down Shopper's Drug plaza fo life. Compare it to the Metro and fancy Shopper's drug just three blocks south.

Don't think that strip is long for the world though.

Divvy

Also things are cheaper north of Finch. Ghetto Food Basics and run down Shopper's Drug plaza fo life. Compare it to the Metro and fancy Shopper's drug just three blocks south.

Don't think that strip is long for the world though.

They're been planning to tear that plaza down and build a mega condo complex like the one just north of Yonge and Steeles, but I haven't heard a peep about it in a long time so I don't know if it's still going through

EDIT: Apparently the developers are still trying to make it happen, but the residents and council are opposing, cuz frankly, that kind of density there is absolutely stupid.

WwAhVcg.png

Azih

They're been planning to tear that plaza down and build a mega condo complex like the one just north of Yonge and Steeles, but I haven't heard a peep about it in a long time so I don't know if it's still going through

EDIT: Apparently the developers are still trying to make it happen, but the residents and council are opposing, cuz frankly, that kind of density there is absolutely stupid.

WwAhVcg.png

The one on Yonge/Steeles 'World on Yonge' is insane.

Dyno

Hopefully some of Yonge & Dundas' finest regulars are there to mess / fight with these morons. Zanta wouldn't be havin that crap.

At your service sir! One of the people holding up the awful abortion posters was a priest, white collar and everything. I walked right up to him, flipped him the bird both long and strong, and said "thank you for making our streets beautiful."

I bet you these cowards don't do this in their own communities. They come down to my neighbourhood to fuck with people.

krae_man

PlayOLG is giving away $50 in gambling money for free right now. Only catch is you need to wager at least $2000 before you can cash any of it out. Which pretty much makes it impossible to cash out unless you hit a jackpot but it's a free chance at trying for one.

Just don't attach your bank card or Credit card to the account. Don't actually give them real money. You'll go broke.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PlayOLG is giving away $50 in gambling money for free right now. Only catch is you need to wager at least $2000 before you can cash any of it out. Which pretty much makes it impossible to cash out unless you hit a jackpot but it's a free chance at trying for one.

Just don't attach your bank card or Credit card to the account. Don't actually give them real money. You'll go broke.
I remember a story from earlier this year about a guy being pissed that his CC charged his payments on that site as cash advances instead of purchases so he had to pay a bunch of fees.

krae_man

I remember a story from earlier this year about a guy being pissed that his CC charged his payments on that site as cash advances instead of purchases so he had to pay a bunch of fees.

What did he expect? Taking money out on a credit card is the very definition of a cash advance.

Reminds me of when BCLC had the GOAT online gambling promos. It was $100 for free and you only had to wager $100 before you could cash out. Everyone basically played baccarat and bet $50 on both the player and the banker then cashed out. Funny thing is they kept this promo going on for months.

zroid

Banned
Reminds me of when BCLC had the GOAT online gambling promos. It was $100 for free and you only had to wager $100 before you could cash out. Everyone basically played baccarat and bet $50 on both the player and the banker then cashed out. Funny thing is they kept this promo going on for months.

lmao

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
And thus, all the major players have come out in favour of the Scarborough subway. Somehow. I mean, I know they're politicians and not city planners, but.. :(

@BenSpurr
Mulcair says NDP would ensure Scarborough subway is completed

Willectro

Banned
At your service sir! One of the people holding up the awful abortion posters was a priest, white collar and everything. I walked right up to him, flipped him the bird both long and strong, and said "thank you for making our streets beautiful."

I bet you these cowards don't do this in their own communities. They come down to my neighbourhood to fuck with people.

Lmao, Well played.

And thus, all the major players have come out in favour of the Scarborough subway. Somehow. I mean, I know they're politicians and not city planners, but.. :(

I'd consider Mulcair more of a major mistake for Canada than a player. But with the NDP in power, welfare would be so lucrative I wouldn't have to work anyway and therefore wouldn't be reliant on the subway.

Roto13

I'd consider Mulcair more of a major mistake for Canada than a player. But with the NDP in power, welfare would be so lucrative I wouldn't have to work anyway and therefore wouldn't be reliant on the subway.

You are such a stereotype it's almost funny.

Top Bottom