• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

karnage10

Banned
How long until there will be a complete edition will all DLC?
Will there ever be one?

CA said that warhammer was a 10 year plan. 3 games are suposedly to be release during that time that (when you own 2 or more) they will merge to form the biggest total war to date. Between those games there will be DLC. If i remember corrently we are at year 5.
A complete edition will probably need 4-5 years more be released.

CA said that warhammer was a 10 year plan. 3 games are suposedly to be release during that time that (when you own 2 or more) they will merge to form the biggest total war to date. Between those games there will be DLC. If i remember corrently we are at year 5.
A complete edition will probably need 4-5 years more be released.

There will be a pack or at least a bundle of some kind in 2017. There might never be a complete edition, because SEGA does stand-alone expansions. The ultimate edition of CoH2 is just the bundle of everything.

Well it makes sense to give another lord pack with regiments of renown and stuff to the other 2 races. I do hope they don't wait too long for elves, or skavens. Or both.

Still interested in this DLC though, I haven't bought any of the others but I hadn't played with Greenskins more than a few turns, and a Goblin centric army is actually exactly what I wanted to play, it just was way too weak with the normal army stuff. This LL having goblin unit bonuses and all the new goblin units and the regiments of renown... I think I might get it. I have 0 interest in the dwarf stuff though, but 7euros for a campaign is probably good enough.

good shit

time for another couple of campaigns

BattleGIF1.jpg

still not available in the store for me though

karnage10

Banned
Part of me is sad that there is no new faction, on the other hand i feel that GS and dwarfs felt much "weaker" then empire/VC after the G&G DLC, the lack of RoR and of LL/L made them feel worse.
I think i'll enjoy this DLC a lot, since I subscribed for humble monthly i get another 10% discount on top of the 10% pre-order discount, i'll be buying soon.
I guess we can expect wood elves and bretonia next month

Part of me is sad that there is no new faction, on the other hand i feel that GS and dwarfs felt much "weaker" then empire/VC after the G&G DLC, the lack of RoR and of LL/L made them feel worse.
I think i'll enjoy this DLC a lot, since I subscribed for humble monthly i get another 10% discount on top of the 10% pre-order discount, i'll be buying soon.
I guess we can expect wood elves and bretonia next month

I feel like Dwarfs are the second worst faction in the game.

karnage10

Banned
So this is mainly new units and lords no new story stuff?

The new LL will have quests so they should have a bit of story stuff. This DLC will add new starting positions so maybe that will also have new events?

Btw has after looking at the trailer again i noticed that skarniks and his squigs are always side by side. Does this mean that will he work like a 2 unit LL?

The new LL will have quests so they should have a bit of story stuff. This DLC will add new starting positions so maybe that will also have new events?

Btw has after looking at the trailer again i noticed that skarniks and his squigs are always side by side. Does this mean that will he work like a 2 unit LL?

That seems to be the case. No idea if they are actually seperate models or if they share an HP pool though. Gives me high hopes for Kemmler finally figuring out where Krell wandered off too though. Or when we get Skaven, Thanquol and Bonerippa.

Curious they didn't figure out how to do it when they added Vlad to give him Isabella as a secondary unit and have some enrage mode when she dies(and if they share hp she'd die at say 50%).

As for the story thing, not new factions, no alternate mini campaign like Beastmen, it's just new LLs so they have their own quests like every LL and starting point with a few unique campaign mechanics(like how you can't recruit Orcs right away when you play Skarsnik). But it's still mostly just a Dwarfs or Greenskins campaign.

The new "story" stuff will be next DLC probably, when they release Wood elves. Or Skavens. Or both. There's a bunch of Skaven teasers in that announcement(the coins on the page have the skaven banner triangle on it and one of upgrade in Eight Peaks for dwarves mention Rat Poison to keep away human-sized vermin), which is curious since Wood Elves should have been first, and might still be, I guess we'll see.

Reddit detectives say Wood Elves were supposed to be this DLC but they might have fallen behind so they pushed this one up instead, so we get 2 LL+RoR DLC in a row instead of LL+RoR > Wood Elves > LL+RoR 2 > Skaven.

karnage10

Banned
That seems to be the case. No idea if they are actually seperate models or if they share an HP pool though. Gives me high hopes for Kemmler finally figuring out where Krell wandered off too though. Or when we get Skaven, Thanquol and Bonerippa.
That sounds so cool!

Curious they didn't figure out how to do it when they added Vlad to give him Isabella as a secondary unit and have some enrage mode when she dies(and if they share hp she'd die at say 50%).

As for the story thing, not new factions, no alternate mini campaign like Beastmen, it's just new LLs so they have their own quests like every LL and starting point with a few unique campaign mechanics(like how you can't recruit Orcs right away when you play Skarsnik). But it's still mostly just a Dwarfs or Greenskins campaign.

The new "story" stuff will be next DLC probably, when they release Wood elves. Or Skavens. Or both. There's a bunch of Skaven teasers in that announcement(the coins on the page have the skaven banner triangle on it and one of upgrade in Eight Peaks for dwarves mention Rat Poison to keep away human-sized vermin), which is curious since Wood Elves should have been first, and might still be, I guess we'll see.

Reddit detectives say Wood Elves were supposed to be this DLC but they might have fallen behind so they pushed this one up instead, so we get 2 LL+RoR DLC in a row instead of LL+RoR > Wood Elves > LL+RoR 2 > Skaven.

I think skaven would make more sense for the first expansion (high elves, dark elves, lizardmen and skaven).
Wood elves combine well with both beastmen and brettonia so I'd think those would be next faction.
Couldn't isabella be a "legendary hero"? would also be cool.

I really like the way the DLC lords are shaking up the campaign.

Still hoping they patch in more interesting stuff for the regular lords. At this point they feel oddly vanilla compared to Beastmen and the other added lords.

Since it wasn't posted, they're also adding 3 units to Chaos Warriors as part of the FLC. Obviously, you need Chaos Warriors to use these units(although I assume AI might use them).

The new units are Feral Manticores(basically just reusing the existing manticore models), Marauder Horsemasters(maybe a not shitty marauder unit) and Aspiring Champions(some weird low cost elite type unit, they're only 16models and have aoe attacks with a very low cost of 550).

Manticore is interesting since it gives Chaos a way to deal with flying units better than needing a lord+mount, especially useful for multiplayer I think. Horsemasters I'm not too sure what their purpose is, maybe just light cav, would make every other marauders cav even worse in comparison if they're not garbage though and Aspiring Champions look really curious due to their costs and low model count(generally speaking low model counts units are high tier elite stuff, while fodder is high model counts).

karnage10

Banned
Since it wasn't posted, they're also adding 3 units to Chaos Warriors as part of the FLC. Obviously, you need Chaos Warriors to use these units(although I assume AI might use them).

The new units are Feral Manticores(basically just reusing the existing manticore models), Marauder Horsemasters(maybe a not shitty marauder unit) and Aspiring Champions(some weird low cost elite type unit, they're only 16models and have aoe attacks with a very low cost of 550).

Manticore is interesting since it gives Chaos a way to deal with flying units better than needing a lord+mount, especially useful for multiplayer I think. Horsemasters I'm not too sure what their purpose is, maybe just light cav, would make every other marauders cav even worse in comparison if they're not garbage though and Aspiring Champions look really curious due to their costs and low model count(generally speaking low model counts units are high tier elite stuff, while fodder is high model counts).

From my limited understanding, Aspiring champions have AoE attack as such they should be good at wiping out low armored infantry.

The manticore is the only thing that I might like out of these.

karnage10

Banned
The manticore is the only thing that I might like out of these.

i think (depending on the building needed, price and upkeep) aspiring champions could be really nice against VC and empire. Both VC and empire use lots of low armour high number infantry in which the aspiring champions could do much more damage (than the rest of the infantry) because of the AoE attack.
I have no idea what the *new* marauders are for.

i think (depending on the building needed, price and upkeep) aspiring champions could be really nice against VC and empire. Both VC and empire use lots of low armour high number infantry in which the aspiring champions could do much more damage (than the rest of the infantry) because of the AoE attack.
I have no idea what the *new* marauders are for.

That would be a good counter for those factions.

Icefire1424

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! I actually completed a campaign in a Total War game!

...was a bit surprised there was absolutely no victory cinematic or anything though. Granted, although I did complete all the campaign requirements (capture or control all the settlements, beat up the Vampire Counts, control Sylvania, beat Chaos back to the North, make sure the Chaos Lord is wounded), I did NOT complete all the chapter goals for the Empire. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Anyways, 60 hours played in game, and still love it. Still feels new to me.

karnage10

Banned
Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! I actually completed a campaign in a Total War game!

...was a bit surprised there was absolutely no victory cinematic or anything though. Granted, although I did complete all the campaign requirements (capture or control all the settlements, beat up the Vampire Counts, control Sylvania, beat Chaos back to the North, make sure the Chaos Lord is wounded), I did NOT complete all the chapter goals for the Empire. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Anyways, 60 hours played in game, and still love it. Still feels new to me.

no, there is no victory cinematic. The DLC call of the beastmen has an interesting concept, a "final" epic battle to end the campaign (i haven't tried it yet as I was hoping this month would give some new units for the beastmen). The rest of the factions only have the victory screen that shows what you did each turn.

Icefire1424

no, there is no victory cinematic. The DLC call of the beastmen has an interesting concept, a "final" epic battle to end the campaign (i haven't tried it yet as I was hoping this month would give some new units for the beastmen). The rest of the factions only have the victory screen that shows what you did each turn.

Huh, I never even got that. I might have to double check that I actually completed everything. Thought all the objectives were checked off...

Huh, I never even got that. I might have to double check that I actually completed everything. Thought all the objectives were checked off...

The Beastmen final battle in the Grand Campaign? It's an unavoidable victory condition. Once you hit the regular victory conditions, that quest battle will pop up--once you beat it, you win the game. (Although I can't remember if it showed up at the first or second tier of victory conditions.)

And speaking of that final battle, it was a really smart and cool addition. I hope they add something similar to every other faction.

Icefire1424

The Beastmen final battle in the Grand Campaign? It's an unavoidable victory condition. Once you hit the regular victory conditions, that quest battle will pop up--once you beat it, you win the game. (Although I can't remember if it showed up at the first or second tier of victory conditions.)

And speaking of that final battle, it was a really smart and cool addition. I hope they add something similar to every other faction.

Nah, the summary screen after completing all the objectives as the Empire. Figured it out though, I had to finish the current turn I was playing. Oops.

It's weird that they're splitting the free DLC into discrete DLC entries in the Steam store. None of the previous ones did that.

Maybe it's to reduce patch size, or maybe they want to make sure people see that it's not just a lot of paid DLC and there's free stuff in there, since they've been getting a lot of bad reviews on the DLC stuff on steam purely because they're selling DLC and some people don't like that.

Hope my internet gets fixed so I can play this DLC, stupid stuff has been down since last week and can't really download the patches+DLC on my phone(I mean I can but I have like the lowest tier plan so it'll cap and download at like 100kb/s or whatever the capped speed is, which is gonna take forever).

Should have added, I wish it wasn't dropping on the same day as Stellaris' Leviathans story pack. I'd actually like to jump back in to Total Warhammer with this patch but I'm gonna have my hands and wallet completely full with Stellaris.

And then Dragonball Xenoverse 2 next week... pah. Total Warhammer needs to accomodate my needs more.

Free faction DLC next month. Do it.
Maybe it's to reduce patch size, or maybe they want to make sure people see that it's not just a lot of paid DLC and there's free stuff in there, since they've been getting a lot of bad reviews on the DLC stuff on steam purely because they're selling DLC and some people don't like that.

Hope my internet gets fixed so I can play this DLC, stupid stuff has been down since last week and can't really download the patches+DLC on my phone(I mean I can but I have like the lowest tier plan so it'll cap and download at like 100kb/s or whatever the capped speed is, which is gonna take forever).

Ehh, Total Warhammer's patches are something else so that would be appreciated, actually. IIRC they take as long to "install" (aka max out disk usage) as they do to download; it's kind of weird, to be honest.

It's probably more for positive reception though, I think you're onto something there.

I've actually been consistently surprised by how hated the DLC plans are. Like, aside from the wild pricing, I don't really think they're too far from CA's more recent games--blood DLC included. If anything, Total Warhammer's in a better spot because the base game itself is so fun. I can understand the distaste for apparent piecemeal DLC though.

karnage10

Banned

i'm pretty sure the reason is the bold part. For some stupid reason warhammer is getting so many bad reviews just because it has DLC. It is one of the best total wars to date, the free content (and the payed content) have much higher quality to previous DLC.

karnage10

Banned
Looks like the White Dwarf will be available for everyone sometime in 2017.

Just to add for those that are not following this game closely, You can also get it for free if you go to a warhammer/GW store, you don't need to buy the WD magazine. Check the steam store page for a link that shows stores near you.

The new select faction/subfaction just doesn't click for me. I'd prefer a Race > subfaction> LL or Race> LL (with a map showing the clan he leads like with the beastman). What do you guys think?

My internet still isn't fixed, checked if I could download it with my phone but I already spent all my plan's bandwith so I'm not on restricted bandwith on my phone and it caps at 15kb/s so I guess I'll play something else for now, sucks :(

As for the subfaction haven't seen but yeah I'd think doing it like you said would be better. Maybe they'll rework it later on, especially if they add more factions. They should probably split Kemmler, give him Krell as a secondary char in the same unit like they did with Skarsnik and maybe have him start somewhere around Bretonnia instead where the Mousillon faction is for example or in the Border Princes areas, that'd be nice.

Although at this point they might as well work on other factions first and maybe come back and fix the older ones as time goes. Need muh Wood Elves/Skavens.

dan2026

Honestly really surprised Skaven haven sneaked into this yet.

As Warhammer Fantasy factions go they seem far and away the one most memorable and popular.
Not to mention one of the only races GW actually created themselves.

karnage10

Banned
Has anybody check out the two new factions yet?
i'm playing clan angrund (not sure if that's the correct spelling, the new dwarf subfaction). what do you want to know?
Honestly really surprised Skaven haven sneaked into this yet.

As Warhammer Fantasy factions go they seem far and away the one most memorable and popular.
Not to mention one of the only races GW actually created themselves.

I feel CA is keeping most factions without being in the game so that they have time to make them truly unique.
From the russian datamine we "know" that the expansion 1 was going to be high + dark elves + lizardmen. I feel it would also make sense to add skaven so it has 4 factions like the base game.

Top Bottom