• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Zunja

PSN: Zunja

Might as well add mine to the pile.I hope this game has some really tough end game bosses and some really hard to get armor/weps.

Does anyone know how varied the Mitama get. Obviously there is some overlap but do certain ones have like really rare skills?

swnny

Hmm well i did The Blacksmith's code quest a while ago. Is there another one? Maybe I do need to keep fighting the boss. Already fought him a bunch breaking all parts every time.

You dont have the stygian weapons/armors in the list for crafting, or you just are missing a crafting component?
In case you have finished all the singleplayer missions, have you played the "guild", multiplayer missions? "Talking" to the glowing stone next to the guild hall and either joining a online lobby or going in singleplayer, should present you with set of new missions, different from these in the singleplayer.

kiriin

Some of the Japanese DLCs.

Female_Protagonist_Outfit_2_%28TKD_DLC%29.jpg
s31.jpg
s31.jpg
s31.jpg

You dont have the stygian weapons/armors in the list for crafting, or you just are missing a crafting component?
In case you have finished all the singleplayer missions, have you played the "guild", multiplayer missions? "Talking" to the glowing stone next to the guild hall and either joining a online lobby or going in singleplayer, should present you with set of new missions, different from these in the singleplayer.

Don't have the weapons in the crafting list, but i have all the armor pieces. I must be missing one of the materials required. I did all the multiplayer quests the first day the demo came out lol.

-Digits-

Don't have the weapons in the crafting list, but i have all the armor pieces. I must be missing one of the materials required. I did all the multiplayer quests the first day the demo came out lol.

That may well be it. When I restarted farming when the EU demo came out I was surprised the weapons weren't in my list. Eventually they appeared and I'm pretty sure I didn't complete any specific quest for it.

That may well be it. When I restarted farming when the EU demo came out I was surprised the weapons weren't in my list. Eventually they appeared and I'm pretty sure I didn't complete any specific quest for it.

Yeah...this game needs to come out already lol. Tired of juggling between 30 items, I probably sold the items i needed a bunch of times already haha.

-Digits-

Yeah...this game needs to come out already lol. Tired of juggling between 30 items, I probably sold the items i needed a bunch of times already haha.

I went oldschool and made a list on a notepad. I know what I need off the top of my head by now but it really helped at the start.
I'm a little sad you don't seem to be able to trade between characters because I farmed a lot of stuff on the US demo that I won't be able to carry over to my EU cart.

Hmm well i did The Blacksmith's code quest a while ago. Is there another one? Maybe I do need to keep fighting the boss. Already fought him a bunch breaking all parts every time.

I'm going to go with fighting Manhunter. The main material for the weapons is Manhunter Sickle

-Digits-

I'm going to go with fighting Manhunter. The main material for the weapons is Manhunter Sickle

I dunno, you either need to complete certain sidequests, not just the blacksmith's, you need to find certain parts first, or you need a certain friendship level with the blacksmith.
Mine showed up after having fought the Manhunter and having done the blacksmith's quest.

I dunno, you either need to complete certain sidequests, not just the blacksmith's, you need to find certain parts first, or you need a certain friendship level with the blacksmith.
Mine showed up after having fought the Manhunter and having done the blacksmith's quest.

Really? I didn't know it had anything to do with sidequests. When I first fought Manhunter, all the weapons showed when I got a Manhunter Sickle.

ramyeon

Any idea how much these cost over there? I know they released a bunch of free DLC but I thought they were just extra missions like SS.
The missions sometimes came bundled with armors or weapons. They were all free when they first came out and then you had to pay after a certain amount of time elapsed.

ramyeon

I am fairly certain that is not the case and it's just the same system as Monster Hunter. If you're missing the main material for the piece of armor or weapon it won't show up.

I am fairly certain that is not the case and it's just the same system as Monster Hunter. If you're missing the main material for the piece of armor or weapon it won't show up.

Do you happen to know the main material for the dual knives? Pretty sure i have all the parts from manhunter. I got 9 white threads, 19 black exoskeletons, 11 manhunter claws, 5 mane's, 8 sickles, and 3 hornbits. I must be missing something that's not manhunter related.

ramyeon

Do you happen to know the main material for the dual knives? Pretty sure i have all the parts from manhunter. I got 9 white threads, 19 black exoskeletons, 11 manhunter claws, 5 mane's, 8 sickles, and 3 hornbits. I must be missing something that's not manhunter related.
The Stygian weapons require:

White Thread x1
Black Exoskeleten x1
Hypno Fang x2
Voracious Fang x2

-Digits-

Hypno Fangs. They drop from Sleepspitters.

Really? I didn't know it had anything to do with sidequests. When I first fought Manhunter, all the weapons showed when I got a Manhunter Sickle.

You're both probably right. Like I said, it's one of those three options. I could very well not have collected any Hypno Fangs or Voracious Fangs yet after killing my first couple of Manhunters.

Hypno Fangs. They drop from Sleepspitters.

You're both probably right. Like I said, it's one of those three options. I could very well not have collected any Hypno Fangs or Voracious Fangs yet after killing my first couple of Manhunters.

Thanks on my way to go farm for them now.

ramyeon

This confirms the theory that you need to have collected all materials for a recipe to pop. Yay for science!
If it's the same as Monster Hunter it won't be all materials, just that there are specific materials required that trigger them to appear at the blacksmith in this case those seem to be Hypno Fangs. No real way to test that without restarting or waiting for the full game though heh.

If it's the same as Monster Hunter it won't be all materials, just that there are specific materials required that trigger them to appear at the blacksmith in this case those seem to be Hypno Fangs. No real way to test that without restarting or waiting for the full game though heh.

Yep Hypno fangs are what made them pop for me. Now I need to figure out how to get those 2nd tier weapons upgraded. Want to get those shinobi knives upgraded to shinobi slicers. I was hearing those are the best weapons(at least for dual knives) since they got the precision stat which is technically crit chance.

Edit: not how to get them but what materials I need.

ramyeon

Yep Hypno fangs are what made them pop for me. Now I need to figure out how to get those 2nd tier weapons upgraded. Want to get those shinobi knives upgraded to shinobi slicers. I was hearing those are the best weapons(at least for dual knives) since they got the precision stat which is technically crit chance.
Yeah I use the Longboat, the equivalent for Longsword and it's great.

-Digits-

Edit: not how to get them but what materials I need.

Doing that upgrade requires 3 Large Ears, 1 Manhunter Mane, 1 Petrified Plant and 1 Deformed Bone as well as 2600 Haku.

Psn: darkjedi187

A bit still on the fence. I really enjoyed the demo and I decided to pass on Bravely Default. Who am I kidding it will most likely be getting it.

Shengar

That explain why my jaggi chest armor hasn't appeared yet lol
Gotta get them King's Frill

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PSN: lyteedge2

I don't tend to go for Monster Hunter games, but I've been messing with the demo and it's pretty cool. I like the daggers, sword, and bow the best.

killatopak

Gold Member
So any GAFfer can join this Room? Is it active at any time or does some need to host it?

We're doing a mission right now. We're already 4.

Whenever we're doing a kill x of y mission, we should really split up to be more efficient guys.

Tizoc

Please post in this thread if your PSN ID hasn't been added to the first post.

E-mailed Amazon and they said they'll attempt to ship both my vita games together. I still expect to get them by late February or at worst Early March, but as I want the US versions retail it's something I'll just accept & deal with.

Top Bottom