• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Is this good for commute gaming? I have basically 30 minute bus rides to and from work (from can turn into an hour on its own pretty easily). That should be enough time to get in a good mission or 3 on a ride right? The structure isn't based on big half hour long missions are they?

Shengar

be jealous
I want muh physical version so bad
Minus 1 day and there is still no sign of US copy damnit!
Is this good for commute gaming? I have basically 30 minute bus rides to and from work (from can turn into an hour on its own pretty easily). That should be enough time to get in a good mission or 3 on a ride right? The structure isn't based on big half hour long missions are they?

If you can concentrate while commute, yes the game will be fine for commuting.

RpgN

Why would you own a PlayStation device and not PS+? Keep your sub going
and the backlog growing. :'(

I tried, but my backlog is way beyond control. It sucks to feel pressured playing games I normally wouldn't buy otherwise and not having the time to play games that are heaven to me like Bravely Default, Ys games and possibly Toukiden. I'm thinking of having playstation plus again once some more games have been cleared or if there is a free game I want to play.

That said, I really don't want to miss out on Toukiden. I was so hyped for it, the Japanese demo on the PSP was enjoyable. The vita version with its improved gameplay thanks to fan feedback can only be better. I'm just not sure whether I'll be able to juggle Toukiden, Lightning Returns and plus games at the same time. But...I just want to say fuck it and try out the demo. I might do that today.

I try to block any "waifu" talk out as much as possible.

It kind of ruined Fire Emblem Awakening for me because the community for that game was really hard to stomach. Going into threads about that game felt like entering a room of virgins who had never laid eyes on a real woman before.

Now it's spread so much that people are using it even when romantic relationships aren't an in-game mechanic, the term really needs to disappear.

Makes me sound like a grouch but it's a peeve of mine :/

The PSN page for Toukiden is taunting me by saying it'll be ready for download in 1 day when it's actually more like 2 :/

This. So much this.

On the other hand, I can see it being talked about in a tongue in cheeck way and just a joke to some members. Often times though it takes so much discussion away, that it's annoying to read about even with games that don't even support that kind of material.

I'm at GameStop right now. I could've been home with Toukiden already but I really don't want to come back later for my Danganronpa so I'm waiting for this guy to open the shipment boxes that just came in.

I should've brought my vita with me.

Imported my completed save from the demo, but didn't get anything special. I thought there was a bonus for importing the completed demo save.

Mikado

Heh amazon.ca went from having this available to preorder yesterday, to Ships in One to Two Months today.

Here's hoping they get that digital version up soon I guess.

Edit: They apparently have it at EBGames. Likelyhood of getting out of there with a copy and without a "You Had to Preorder" spiel?

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm at GameStop right now. I could've been home with Toukiden already but I really don't want to come back later for my Danganronpa so I'm waiting for this guy to open the shipment boxes that just came in.

I should've brought my vita with me.

Wow I'm really jelly right now. I wanna play it but I had problems procuring my PSN cards and it would take 2 weeks at most to arrive. I may just get physical again but the NA version still isn't available in our retailers. I'm really praying to have them by tomorrow.

LMN

Got the game, I can confirm that the US will also get pink tenko mask too (with the condition that you exchange data online with 3 players of the demo version)

I have seen talk of demo completion" but nothing final I believe. IS there a bonus for completing the demo missions?

And by "completing" that is even a little misleading, as I thought there was one you could NOT complete, due to the inability to actually get the items? I just need to find two more pieces of Polluted Clay, and then I will have the one "unbeatable" mission left.

Unless I am wrong. I hope not, because my lunch break at work is already going to be filled with getting that dumb clay..

I have seen talk of demo completion" but nothing final I believe. IS there a bonus for completing the demo missions?

And by "completing" that is even a little misleading, as I thought there was one you could NOT complete, due to the inability to actually get the items? I just need to find two more pieces of Polluted Clay, and then I will have the one "unbeatable" mission left.

Unless I am wrong. I hope not, because my lunch break at work is already going to be filled with getting that dumb clay..

This is all you needed to do to get the bonus helmet:

Got the game, I can confirm that the US will also get pink tenko mask too (with the condition that you exchange data online with 3 players of the demo version)

Also US here and I can confirm I got it.

maouvin

Nice, I usually get "can't exchange data" when playing online :/

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Edit: They apparently have it at EBGames. Likelyhood of getting out of there with a copy and without a "You Had to Preorder" spiel?
Zero. When it comes to Vita games, ebgames orders what they received in pre-orders plus a few (2-3) more.

They aren't lying when they give you the spiel. They only support a 'dying' system as much as their customers tell them to. Which is to say, not a whole lot. I've been pre-ordering through them for a year, and I've seen what they get in their Vita shipments. Barely anything. Store manager tells me that people still come in asking about Ys, and they haven't had a new shipment since launch.

Put five dollars down on these Japanese Vita imports. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

Dinda

hmmm, only a few days till i start playing this and still no update for the vita tv in sight.

I would really like to play this on the vita tv, but i really don't want my main save on my japanese account.

Sony really messed this one up, instead of basically region locking the system (since you can't log in an account where it is not released) they should have just locked the store etc until the system is offically relesed.....(if that ever happens....)

Ridley327

With the upcoming storm, I'm probably not going to be playing this until Friday. I mean, I guess UPS could be suicidal tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.

With the upcoming storm, I'm probably not going to be playing this until Friday. I mean, I guess UPS could be suicidal tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.

That's why I got it digital. Don't gotta worry about that. I'm assuming you're getting hit by the same huge storm that is gonna hit my area Wednesday night.

Manac0r

Stuck playing the demo until EU release on Friday. Can't find any helmet crests, keep trying mission 2-1 but nada. Any advice?

Shiina

Stuck playing the demo until EU release on Friday. Can't find any helmet crests, keep trying mission 2-1 but nada. Any advice?

Send your Kyubey to the blue age and hope for the best. I don't think you can get them in the demo otherwise.

Send your Kyubey to the blue age and hope for the best. I don't think you can get them in the demo otherwise.

You can get them in the demo. They're just one of the rarest things the Tenko can bring back. I finished that quest (but didn't turn in, since Haku cap) in the demo.

-Digits-

Looks like people with the demo can play together with people with the full version. Just had someone join with the cat helmet and they were doing a mission I had no access to.
Friday can't come soon enough!

Did you have to exchange data in the demo or on the retail version? I transferred my save but never tried online in the demo.

Ridley327

That's why I got it digital. Don't gotta worry about that. I'm assuming you're getting hit by the same huge storm that is gonna hit my area Wednesday night.

The worst thing about living in Georgia is when it does snow, everybody runs around like a chicken with their head cut off.

LMN

Did you have to exchange data in the demo or on the retail version? I transferred my save but never tried online in the demo.

If according to the in-game info, then you have to exchange data through demo. but to be honest, I'm still not entirely sure either about the condition to get the Pink Tenko head gear. I just received it after I transferred my demo save file.

Superflat

Picked up my copy and beat the Oni that was locked behind the demo.

Freedom!!!!! Having the item and haku limit taken away-- so good.

Doombear

Damn this download is taking too long. 2hrs for 1.8 Gigs

Grabbed mine in about 35 minutes. Bad wireless signal maybe? That is an awful wait. Can't wait to start this on my way home today, ducked in to the demo and created a lobby for Data Exchange earlier. Waited for 3 others and did some quick quest.

Just checked the Letters (your desk in your house) in the full game and I did indeed get my Pink Tenko Mask!

-Digits-

This is going to be a long 2 days wait.

Tell me about it. It's three days in my case and it's driving me nuts!

I think it's cool you can use people you meet online as AI partners. But now I have an AI partner with the special cat helmet, mocking me. QQ.

Wait, so we have to play the demo online with 3 people to unlock that bonus armor? I finished the single player stuff and the co-op missions with my brother but I haven't played with others yet... Or is that condition only for the US (I'm in the EU)?

Wait, so we have to play the demo online with 3 people to unlock that bonus armor? I finished the single player stuff and the co-op missions with my brother but I haven't played with others yet... Or is that condition only for the US (I'm in the EU)?

There seems to be confusion here as to whats required to get the bonuses...

How many are there and what are the actual requirements? I saw someone post that they got the bonus just by transferring a the save

Top Bottom