• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

killatopak

Gold Member
Had the game crash after confirming a hairstyle switch . Anyone encounter crashes so far? I forgot the error code :x.

Also tried going online, but kept getting "an error has occured" when I join a room.

Happened to me once in the demo. It's sad that they didn't patch that.

Tusk

So, I just got this today.. Haven't payed attention to anything about it though. Was wondering if playing the demo gives you anything in the full game? reading alil bit of the thread, I saw that pink mask, and something about 3 other players. How do I get that?

Sorry, just don't know anything about this other than you kill demons, and that it's supposedly sorta like MonHun.

I'm down for whatever, as long as I can access the quest (straight out of the demo).

I wish this game had more robust chat options. :/

Shengar

So, I just got this today.. Haven't payed attention to anything about it though. Was wondering if playing the demo gives you anything in the full game? reading alil bit of the thread, I saw that pink mask, and something about 3 other players. How do I get that?

Sorry, just don't know anything about this other than you kill demons, and that it's supposedly sorta like MonHun.

Your progress from the demo will be wholefully carried to the full game. That pink mask is bonus for those who finished the demo (Euro, I think) or exchange information with other 3 players (US, I think).

Tusk

Your progress from the demo will be wholefully carried to the full game. That pink mask is bonus for those who finished the demo (Euro, I think) or exchange information with other 3 players (US, I think).

Oh, I live in the US so.. I don't need to bother with the demo if I want the mask? or do I need to exchange info through the demo?

Shengar

Oh, I live in the US so.. I don't need to bother with the demo if I want the mask? or do I need to exchange info through the demo?

Well, if you think the mask is dumb, then you shouldn't bother with it. If you want it, you need to exchange info in multiplayer with the demo.

Tusk

Well, if you think the mask is dumb, then you shouldn't bother with it. If you want it, you need to exchange info in multiplayer with the demo.

Alright. I think it looks pretty cool, so I'ma try getting it. Thanks for the info.

Do we share shrines online? I ran out of heals but didn't want to use it up.

Also, should we make a "Let's play Toukiden" thread for whenever we're making games/chatting, or is that against the rules?

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I just bought the game couple of hours ago. How good it is to play a MH clone on the psvita. Awesome game and I don't feel lost, the mechanics are simple and perfect. Let's grind this game to death now 10/10

ramyeon

Hm okay. Was hoping or a bit more flexibility. What's a more combo heavy weapon?
The longest combo is the sword.

This isn't a combo oriented action game though. It's about getting hits in where you can then moving away and not standing in one spot pulling off long chains of attacks.

Ken

The longest combo is the sword.

This isn't a combo oriented action game though. It's about getting hits in where you can then moving away and not standing in one spot pulling off long chains of attacks.

I realize that but you wouldn't call Monster Hunter combo oriented action game either even though it has weapons that allow for pretty lengthy combos.

I'll give sword a try. What's its longest combo?

killatopak

Gold Member
I realize that but you wouldn't call Monster Hunter combo oriented action game either even though it has weapons that allow for pretty lengthy combos.

I'll give sword a try. What's its longest combo?

It's actually infinite as long as you have stamina.

Use the 7-string combo then use the dodge-attack move then repeat the 7-string combo.

Rinse and repeat until you have no more stamina for the dodge-attack which is square+cross.

Shiina

The spear charges the ulti gouge so unbelievably fast if you spam the square charge. I guess there's no way to target a specific part of a monster without a first person aiming weapon? Seems like a spear or bow are really useful if you want that all parts item then.

Did the lobby crash or something?

killatopak

Gold Member
The spear charges the ulti gouge so unbelievably fast if you spam the square charge. I guess there's no way to target a specific part of a monster without a first person aiming weapon? Seems like a spear or bow are really useful if you want that all parts item then.

Yep. The bow is still better in breaking parts but the spear more than makes up for it with raw damage which is the 2nd strongest weapon next to the gauntlets attack-wise.

Did the lobby crash or something?

I got the loading bug :/

coming back

Froze again. Let me try accepting the mission. It seemed to work then. That cool? No one knows the intricacies of online play haha.

ramyeon

Can't seem to find it. Switching the network thingy to All doesn't find anything.
People have been saying that setting it to "All" actually separates you from the English servers. Not sure how true that is but whenever I tried searching with that setting on the demo I never got any results.

Shiina

Was anyone else's rewards ass from that?

Yeah, the condition for him to transform is stupid because he needs to be without his purple aura so he only transformed at 40% or so and my spear must have missed his horns.

I should have never sold all my Killing Stones ; ;

killatopak

Gold Member
Yeah, the condition for him to transform is stupid because he needs to be without his purple aura so he only transformed at 40% or so and my spear must have missed his horns.

I should have never sold all my Killing Stones ; ;

Lol

Can you guys list some items from the demo that is required for some quest in the full game?

Lol

Can you guys list some items from the demo that is required for some quest in the full game?

I'll list the materials needed for the next tier of weapons and armor when I'm done playing online. Because honestly I don't remember all the items that were only in the demo lol.

Top Bottom