• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Grabbed mine in about 35 minutes. Bad wireless signal maybe? That is an awful wait. Can't wait to start this on my way home today, ducked in to the demo and created a lobby for Data Exchange earlier. Waited for 3 others and did some quick quest.

Just checked the Letters (your desk in your house) in the full game and I did indeed get my Pink Tenko Mask!

Resetting my router helped. Its down to 30 min now phew

Tell me about it. It's three days in my case and it's driving me nuts!

I think it's cool you can use people you meet online as AI partners. But now I have an AI partner with the special cat helmet, mocking me. QQ.
9 days for me....
Thankfully ill manage

ramyeon

Data exchange is automatic when playing online right? Cause I have a load of names under the data exchange section in records.

-Digits-

Data exchange is automatic when playing online right? Cause I have a load of names under the data exchange section in records.

Yeah, it is. You don't even have to do a mission. I have two guys in my list with 0 missions done. You can even still use their 'shadow' as AI partner in the multiplayer missions.

ramyeon

Yeah, it is. You don't even have to do a mission. I have two guys in my list with 0 missions done. You can even still use their 'shadow' as AI partner in the multiplayer missions.
Figured as much. Strange that Tecmo Koei Europe said you had to "complete the demo" instead of that you have to had played online with others. Maybe it's different between the US and EU but I can't imagine so.

Doombear

There seems to be confusion here as to whats required to get the bonuses...

How many are there and what are the actual requirements? I saw someone post that they got the bonus just by transferring a the save

Don't think so, not exactly. They probably went online and never realized you just GET the Data from other players? No trading or anything like MH3U had. See my actual screen below.

I created a lobby in the demo, waited for people join (AND have their data show up in Records>Data Exchange) and then did a quest. Don't think I even had to do the quest, just have 3 in the list.

In the house in the full game you go to your desk and you get a letter.

jM2uxmvThgLvy.jpg

Says right there why you get it.

My Tenko couldn't handle how badass I looked and passed out.
jbx0X722rh4Jw3.jpg

-Digits-

Figured as much. Strange that Tecmo Koei Europe said you had to "complete the demo" instead of that you have to had played online with others. Maybe it's different between the US and EU but I can't imagine so.

Yeah, it's quite vague. Especially because it seems you can just download the demo, join a lobby and be done. Oh well, I'm glad it got cleared up because I hadn't played online at all. Now that I have I must say it was fun, and I didn't even kill Manhunter.

Anyone know if it's possible to change your characters name? I imported my save from the demo and just realized that I took the default "Slayer" name. Didn't know the demo save could be brought into the game. Guess it could have been worse, I could have been Mr Twinkly-Pinky or something like that.

Superflat

Hah, didn't know about the Pink Tenko Mask if you played online in the demo, till I checked out my desk. What a ridiculous lookin thing!

Oh yea, don't think I posted my psn:

PSN: daehyun--
Name: Aki

TheGrue

I exchanged data with three people in the demo, but did not get the letter. I played with two people but the third person was another session and they show up in my Records, but with 0 missions done.

TheGrue

I exchanged data with three people in the demo, but did not get the letter. I played with two people but the third person was another session and they show up in my Records, but with 0 missions done.

Well, it was a pain, but I got this fixed. I think you actually have to go on a mission with three people. I had only doe it with two and when I loaded that save into the actual game, even though I had three people in records, I had only gone on missions with two and it didn't give me the reward. Had to delete the game, redownload it, get into the demo, go into a mission with a third person, then import that and it worked. Sucks you can't just delete the save....that's what made me have to redownload since the import only happens when you first load the game and it has no save.

Ogawa-san

I had this tiny hope that those three save slots would share inventory/haku. Nope, all items I collected over 23h and all those 45k haku still belong to Slayer the Slayer and no one else.

Now what do I hate more, killing 20 drudgers for 2 large fangs all over again or being forever Slayer?

Tizoc

Added reviews to the first post.

If anyone wants to add their PSN ID to the first post please post it so I can add them.

Shiina

Using what weapon?

First kill I was using dual knives. Second one I used the spear and only Nagi but that's when I learned that I can't aim the spears ulti attack indefinitely and threw it into nowhere and the third attempt I did again with spear and Nagi and destroyed all the parts.

Ken

Question: so for boss fights after I take off their legs and stuff, and the boss gains that invisible purple appendage, should I be hitting that ever?

Question: so for boss fights after I take off their legs and stuff, and the boss gains that invisible purple appendage, should I be hitting that ever?

Only if you want to damage its real hp bar constantly. If you're trying to keep it alive to break more parts off, don't attack previously broken parts.

ramyeon

Yes. Hitting those parts are the only way to actually take health off the boss outside of the times when the sky turns purple etc. Breaking those parts again also trips the boss over so you can just pummel away. Assuming you want to kill it, those are the best places to hit.

This and danganronpa on the same day is causing me to panic

I can only choose one

I loved The demo for this one but I love the idea of DR

And I can't play both AND bravely default and expect to get anything done

dammit

Shiina

This and danganronpa on the same day is causing me to panic

I can only choose one

I loved The demo for this one but I love the idea of DR

And I can't play both AND bravely default and expect to get anything done

dammit

It's probably a good idea to play this game while the online is the most active.

Ken

Only if you want to damage its real hp bar constantly. If you're trying to keep it alive to break more parts off, don't attack previously broken parts.

Yes. Hitting those parts are the only way to actually take health off the boss outside of the times when the sky turns purple etc. Breaking those parts again also trips the boss over so you can just pummel away. Assuming you want to kill it, those are the best places to hit.

Ah okay. Makes sense. Was wondering why bosses took so long to kill; I kept hitting their bodies after they lost their legs lol.

Superflat

5nh.jpg

Took me three attempts to not accidentally kill the lion.

I was pretty lucky and took all the parts of the lion off on my second attempt. Used Stygian dual knives.

I got the newer wind knives and tried to go for another all-parts run but killed it before I could take out its second "wing" :[

Does anyone know where to get "killing stone"s? Need 'em for the next set of armor.

fates

Had the game crash after confirming a hairstyle switch . Anyone encounter crashes so far? I forgot the error code :x.

Also tried going online, but kept getting "an error has occured" when I join a room.

Top Bottom