• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

maouvin

It means he's getting used to acquiring stuff from a particular age. Color change means more items from that area.

I know, I'm intrigued by his harsh "cyu" after getting red tho :)
I don't remember him "speaking" differently when being green compared to being white.

killatopak

Gold Member
I know, I'm intrigued by his harsh "cyu" after getting red tho :)
I don't remember him "speaking" differently when being green compared to being white.

Maybe color means something with the personality too?

Red- War - Aggressive
Green - Honor- Proud
White - Grace - Graceful

???Something like that???

Abylim

The page does, the receipt for the payment and preorder says 13/02/14 @ 9PM though.

Siiigh, was hoping it would just go up when the store changes =\

Its all good, I just beat ToX, going through post game dungeon now. That and my weird love of Rock band/ Guitar Hero games will hold me over :)

Just popping in to say how great this game is!

Having a blast with it so far! Been Rocking the Spear and the Magic Based Mitama (SOO GOOD)

I was a bit disappointed that the Mitamas start to duplicate based on their type. I was hoping for 200 unique spellsets lol

Anyways its cool discovering how deep this game can get!

Twinduct

Hmm weird. My pre-order was declined due to insufficient funds on my credit card, which is weird. So added the money to my wallet and still waiting for it to charge me for the preorder. However the game is already in my download list :S

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmm weird. My pre-order was declined due to insufficient funds on my credit card, which is weird. So added the money to my wallet and still waiting for it to charge me for the preorder. However the game is already in my download list :S

Isn't that a good thing? :3

ramyeon

The game was in my download list from the day I preordered it. You can't download it until they charge your account and it goes online though.

Dunno about you but when I preordered I remember it saying to make sure I added funds to cover the charge to my PSN wallet before the 11th or something so that it could deduct the amount. I don't know if it can directly take it from your credit card.

Twinduct

Isn't that a good thing? :3

Haha not if a surprise is coming :p
The game was in my download list from the day I preordered it. You can't download it until they charge your account and it goes online though.

Dunno about you but when I preordered I remember it saying to make sure I added funds to cover the charge to my PSN wallet before the 11th or something so that it could deduct the amount. I don't know if it can directly take it from your credit card.

Hmm must be something they changed. All my previous pre-orders went through without having to first add funds. Oh well good news then, everything set for tomorrow

Ah also noticed that i can set it to auto download tonight via the download list in the Vita, nice feature.

Shengar

Having a blast with it so far! Been Rocking the Spear and the Magic Based Mitama (SOO GOOD)

I was a bit disappointed that the Mitamas start to duplicate based on their type. I was hoping for 200 unique spellsets lol

Let's hope for that when Toukiden reach generation three :)

ParityBit

How do you guys see the online play being 2-3 months down the road from now? Will it be a total wasteland or would it be worth it at that point?

I ask mainly because I want to get a game (this or DanganRonpa) and still can not decide.

killatopak

Gold Member
How do you guys see the online play being 2-3 months down the road from now? Will it be a total wasteland or would it be worth it at that point?

I ask mainly because I want to get a game (this or DanganRonpa) and still can not decide.

I predict a bit barren with some hermits here and there.

You could always visit The PSN
Actually Vita
thread or even this thread and we'll gladly play with you.

Just don't expect us to be available all the time.

crinale

Well be surprised how much passive skills can affect your play style :D

Yep. A headgear. Just complete some missions with 3 dudes online and finish the last mission in the demo then you're set.

Oh! I wasn't pushing myself to the end of the demo and never bothered with online as I wanted to save it for the full game. Is this headgear any good? Or should I just play the full game tonight?

killatopak

Gold Member
Oh! I wasn't pushing myself to the end of the demo and never bothered with online as I wanted to save it for the full game. Is this headgear any good? Or should I just play the full game tonight?

It depends. It's rather cosmetic but it's the same ones that the EU guys get for preordering the game.

Shengar

Its interesting to note that Asia copy also receive two mitamas for early purchase. So it's indeed that TecmoKoeiUS didn't exist ;__;

killatopak

Gold Member
Where can I find a foul red shell and helmet crest?

Helmet Crests are found in the age of grace but don't know where red shell is. I still haven't finished downloading the full game because for some reason the Vita paused my download and then proceeded to download EDF 2017 instead.

It depends. It's rather cosmetic but it's the same ones that the EU guys get for preordering the game.

Interesting - I know there's some Missions DLC that came with my pre-order in the UK. I wonder if the hat is as well? I'll find out when I get home suppose.

But anyhow - I'm happy just to leave it I think - if it's only cosmetic. Thanks for answering.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Bah, that explains the slow download. I guess I'll try it tomorrow or on Friday.

I've always suffered slow downloads on the PS3 and Vita.

Last night I bought Lightning Returns and downloaded it. It was 9.8 megs and downloaded in 35 minutes. I have never, ever seen something download that fast in the 7 years I've used my PS3 (even though my connection SHOULD be that fast). Normally, 10 gigs would take about 6-10 hours through PSN.

I then bought this game, and it downloaded the 2 gigs in 15 minutes. I've never had a faster Vita download. Normally 2 gigs would take about an hour to an hour and a half on my Vita.

killatopak

Gold Member
I've always suffered slow downloads on the PS3 and Vita.

Last night I bought Lightning Returns and downloaded it. It was 9.8 megs and downloaded in 35 minutes. I have never, ever seen something download that fast (even though my connection SHOULD be that fast). Normally, 10 gigs would take about 6-10 hours through PSN.

I then bought this game, and it downloaded the 2 gigs in 15 minutes. I've never had a faster Vita download. Normally 2 gigs would take about an hour to an hour and a half on my Vita.

So it's YOU that's making my downloads super slow. ;__;

FlyinJ
Douchebag. Yes, me.
(Today, 11:53 PM)

Interesting - I know there's some Missions DLC that came with my pre-order in the UK. I wonder if the hat is as well? I'll find out when I get home suppose.

But anyhow - I'm happy just to leave it I think - if it's only cosmetic. Thanks for answering.
It's this thing,
150px-Tenko_Mask_(TKD_DLC).jpg

Mikado

Broke down and got the DL version. Not very far in it yet, but I'm digging it so far.

I like the purification mechanic that basically encourages noob-carving in the middle of battles. It adds a fun tension dynamic. Especially since the removal of equipment maintenance and monster tracking means there's not really a lot of other reasons to disengage from the battle very often.

I'm a fan of the "upgrade & craft" equipment progression path (MH and Toukiden style) over the "collect & combine" scheme used in Soul Sacrifice & Crisis Core. Here's hoping the game holds up over time.

killatopak

Gold Member
Now you've gone and made me want it! Meow! ;)

Hmm. I'm 7-8 missions into Chapter One on the demo - just about to fight a big Oni. Much more to do? And how much online have I got to do exactly? (Sorry, loads of questions I know!)

After the big oni, just two more mission and a cliff hanger mission to end the demo.

For the online, you have to complete at least a single mission with 3 guys in the demo and obtain their record card. I don't know if the ones who joins you needs to be in the demo because you can still play with the people with the full game while being in the demo. I'll be happy to help you once my download finishes in around 30 mins.

Helmet Crests are found in the age of grace but don't know where red shell is. I still haven't finished downloading the full game because for some reason the Vita paused my download and then proceeded to download EDF 2017 instead.

At least it went on to download another stellar game....

But no EDF for now! All Toukiden!!

killatopak

Gold Member
I see a lot of people using my list. I feel a sense of accomplishment and pain. It sucks because it isn't complete yet.

crinale

Is there a weapon upgrade tree anywhere yet

Obviously there are tons of Japanese ones since the game came out like last year.
As for now what I would say is all weapons will somehow develop into endgame gear, except for the initial one you have (that will never have 3 mitama slots, even though you reach the end of weapon upgrade tree).

Red Shells are tough. You get them from the Red Turtles

Doombear

Is there a weapon upgrade tree anywhere yet
I haven't found one unfortunately. The official Koei Wikia page has a page for the Blacksmith here. Unfortunately it is mostly in Japanese, and not super helpful unless you just want to see how gorgeous all the weapons and armor are. It does list their attack/def/etc though. There is also MHKita's Toukiden section, but that is mainly Mitama info so far, and also not fully translated.

So how's everyone enjoying the game? Thus far I really am. :D
Loving it. I will say this, got to the last mission in Chapter 2. That's a big ol NOPE! on using Bow for that one. I really wish that the Curse Shot didn't have that mandatory arc. It would make it much easier to target Goblins running right at my face.

I see a lot of people using my list. I feel a sense of accomplishment and pain. It sucks because it isn't complete yet.
The only solution is to quit playing and get to work! =)

Anyone know where to get more pool tickets? Merchant doesn't sell any...
I actually have bought one from the merchant. Stock rotates so just keep checking!

Ogawa-san

Anyone know where to get more pool entry card? Merchant doesn't sell any...
For me he always has a stock of two, replenished after missions like the rest of his items.

Maybe your patronage isn't high enough? Not that mine is, around over 2500 right now.

Already available for download for Australians, no need to wait until 9PM.

Edit:

omg Why would you do this to me? Why would you let me download it? You monsters.

I got the same thing in the UK downloading to the PS3 then transferring it. I've never preloaded a game, it's going to take some getting used to having it there but not being able to unlock it yet.

Don't think of it as not being able to play it, since technically it isn't released yet, think of it as already having jumped through most of the hoops to playing it before its released.

Shiina

Is there a handy list of Mitama? Preferably at least partially translated. I don't know which ones I should bother levelling.

edit: names alone won't help me much unfortunately

TheGrue

Can someone explain Mitama leveling to me? So, I have Minaomoto no Yorimitsu to Level 3. It seems like I can't level it beyond that. Do you unlock the ability to get more Boosts beyond 3 or am I supposed to pacify the Mitama to potentially get the other 7?

When you pacify, you go back to level 1, I guess. Do you lose the current boosts? When you level, can you choose between getting one you had and a new offered one?

Top Bottom