• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

crinale

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7544989.html

Toukiden Goku (?) trademarked. Doesn't sound like a sequel, expansion coming?

I came to see if this is posted or not. I'm expecting expansion too.
The story is simple but nice. The way it ends is like they made it very easy to make sequel :)

BTW "極" (goku, kyoku, kiwame or whatever) means "Ultimate"
I was wondering what kind of prefix they'll add on sequel or expansion but didn't see that coming.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It won't be out here for quite some time yet. I have no issue putting money down for an expansion a year or two later if they do it right.

Well, if it's 100% + 30% then of course, I am willing to pay full price for that 30%. But asking me to pay 130% when I have already experienced that 100% is just...

But then again, P4G did that too and I still loved it. Oh well.

Shiina

gs9.jpg

Not sure if I should be happy about this or not.

Apparently it goes up to three mitama slots and only the elemental damage and the precision rating increase. I guess I'll take it.

crinale

Haven't gotten as far as some if you. Got stuck on the Manhunter 1 on 1 battle. Any advise i've been mostly using the knives.

- If he kills you too soon use Def mitama. The buff ability alone (hold R to gain extra armor) let you survive much longer. You have extra buff and invincibility skill too.
- IIRC there's a shrine to recover your skills. It may be hidden so you may have to use mind's eye to find it (I'm not really sure about that).
- If possible cut off and purify his arms so they won't be that damaging any more.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmm, anyone know if Mitama skills stack? For example, one of mine has Protection 1, and I learned Protection 2 but already have 3 skills. So I am curious if having both does any good or if I am better off overwriting Protection 1.

Yes, passive skills stack.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm wondering what ppl feel about Nagi after she joins and take her with you for couple of missions :D

Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghhhhhhh can't wait to play the full game tonight for the 1st time.

The trouble is, I will pick up Bravely Default today as well and I am a huge JRPG junkie soooo my mind is kind of split between that or Oka/Nagi Toukiden, hahaha.

ramyeon

Bah! Hurry up and unlock, game!
Were you able to download it? Someone said it was available to download late last night but when I woke up this morning I couldn't. Oddly enough the DLC stuff is available to download, just not the game itself. I guess it'll all unlock at the same time tonight.

umbra

Age of Chaos? Any specific missions that give a good chance to spawn them?

Age of war is where I got mine, as far as specific missions, one that has a specific objective of killing the worm enemies would be best, since you should have a chance of getting it in the mission rewards as well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well, I tried bathing with Fugaku and he threw me out.

Also, they're npcs too?

Well, they're NPCs too, since you can't play as them, right?

I mean, you can't directly control Oka or Nagi... right?

It from Famitsu so... edit: beaten

1. Nagi
2. Okaa
3. Hayatori
4. Hatsuho
5. Fugaku/Tenko
6. None cause of Fugaku/Tenko tie
7. Kikka :S
8. Ibuki
9. Yamato
10. Yuu

Thanks. Satisfied with the top 2. Japan knows what's best.

Well, they're NPCs too, since you can't play as them, right?

I mean, you can't directly control Oka or Nagi... right?

Thanks. Satisfied with the top 2. Japan knows what's best.

That's what I meant. Your party is npcs too. And bathing with the fist user got me thrown out with no trophy. So did bathing with Yamato. So only certain members of the opposite sex will let you stay. Very curious which females will allow males to bathe with them (my money's on Kikka being one. And Shikimi).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sometimes you just can't resist. I still click "open in new tab" on Famitsu links from time to time, and I've known it for years ._.

Hahaha.

Hmm. Okaa number 2. All is well.

Yuu is too low, but other than that it's an alright list since they got the top 2 right.

That's what I meant. Your party is npcs too. And bathing with the fist user got me thrown out with no trophy. So did bathing with Yamato. So only certain members of the opposite sex will let you stay. Very curious which females will allow males to bathe with them (my money's on Kikka being one. And Shikimi).

Huh, interesting.

To bathe with people and have them let you stay you need to complete their quest chain and earn their friendship.

Ahh... so basically everyone is fair game then?

Abylim

Were you able to download it? Someone said it was available to download late last night but when I woke up this morning I couldn't. Oddly enough the DLC stuff is available to download, just not the game itself. I guess it'll all unlock at the same time tonight.

Yup, it auto downloaded at 2am this morning.
But I get the damn message that it isnt time yet =\

ramyeon

Yup, it auto downloaded at 2am this morning.
But I get the damn message that it isnt time yet =
Heh, weird that mine didn't auto download since my Vita was definitely on and in standby. Hopefully I don't run into any issues with getting it tonight :/

crinale

Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghhhhhhh can't wait to play the full game tonight for the 1st time.

The trouble is, I will pick up Bravely Default today as well and I am a huge JRPG junkie soooo my mind is kind of split between that or Oka/Nagi Toukiden, hahaha.

Nagi is the best. Hope she has personal missions like some of the others seem to have.

I believe she was one of the more popular character in the Famitsu favorite character poll.

Yeah! List approved.

Well she looks hot but what I wanted to say is take her to the mission and see how you feel about her NPC role.
KT admitted that they put too much good things in her (hearler NPC, ranger, life & hometown & such). She even does super move to yet-to-be-broken parts of bosses. So for them Nagi being most poplar character in game is pretty much expected.

Well she looks hot but what I wanted to say is take her to the mission and see how you feel about her NPC role.
I don't mean hot! :p I really like her character, her overexcited(and longwinded!) bookworm side is great. Plus it helps to have a ranged user around! And that godlike healing lol

Superflat

I got to the
Pyroteryx
boss I was starting to get a little fatigued with the game, but then I got to
Terragrinder
and I was way back on board. I like that the game knew when to throw a curveball and make fights more interesting/difficult. There are some really fun bosses in this game, and I've seen less than half of em so far.

I really wish the hub area was more open. It would really help in making the world feel real and less like a sitcom set. Running through the same super limited hub areas is giving me a weird trapped/claustrophobic feeling lol.

And yea, Nagi's a pretty cool lady. I always bring her for healing and she's given a lot of attention, story-wise.

Hatsuho is a pretty interesting character as well, once you find her backstory. Changes the character dynamics a bit.

Kikka's quests are hilarious, and Ibuki is a huge slacker.

I got to the
Pyroteryx
boss I was starting to get a little fatigued with the game, but then I got to
Terragrinder
and I was way back on board. I like that the game knew when to throw a curveball and make fights more interesting/difficult. There are some really fun bosses in this game, and I've seen less than half of em so far.

Yep, Terragrinder's the first boss that made me use all my heals solo.

I'm not sure anyone really cares about boss name spoilers. I'll edit all my posts if anyone says they care though.

Top Bottom