• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Shiina

Can someone explain Mitama leveling to me? So, I have Minaomoto no Yorimitsu to Level 3. It seems like I can't level it beyond that. Do you unlock the ability to get more Boosts beyond 3 or am I supposed to pacify the Mitama to potentially get the other 7?

When you pacify, you go back to level 1, I guess. Do you lose the current boosts? When you level, can you choose between getting one you had and a new offered one?

You unlock it. And you can choose between replacing an old one with a new one as you level up. Not sure if you lose the current boosts but I assume that's the case.

I see a lot of people using my list. I feel a sense of accomplishment and pain. It sucks because it isn't complete yet.
I keep hearing about this "list" and other "documents" that people have typed up for this "game". Mind sparing a lazy fella at work some searching and spread the love a little? Page # works fine and dandy :D
So how's everyone enjoying the game? Thus far I really am. :D
I am loving the crap out of it. Just doing all solo stuff for now to build up some, and cause my only wifi time was a little last night, but still is an absolute blast. sogood.gif
I will say this, got to the last mission in Chapter 2. That's a big ol NOPE! on using Bow for that one. I really wish that the Curse Shot didn't have that mandatory arc. It would make it much easier to target Goblins running right at my face.
Hmmmmm this sounds fun...curse shots are great, but don't forget to show the other shots love. Triangle has different uses for different scenarios. I rarely ever curse the "weaker" oni, unless they take far more damage than your typical goblin. My strat is to - single Tri for mobs of gobs, double Tri for that shotgun blast for solo gobs, and triple tri for them grouped arial targets. Works well, and keeps that focus building, even if it is a little slower while attacking.
I actually have bought one from the merchant. Stock rotates so just keep checking!
This is good to know. I was wondering where I get even ONE at, till I saw my desk in my house XD

TheGrue

You unlock it. And you can choose between replacing an old one with a new one as you level up. Not sure if you lose the current boosts but I assume that's the case.

Thanks. So the Pacify is used to just reset them all and pick three new ones that suit your playstyle as you evolved, I guess?

Doombear

Is there a handy list of Mitama? Preferably at least partially translated. I don't know which ones I should bother levelling.

edit: names alone won't help me much unfortunately

If you are referring to killatopak's fine (but so depressingly incomplete) list, make sure you check out sheet 2 and 3. The first page has the Mitama and where to get them, the other sheets have skill data.

killatopak

Gold Member
If you are referring to killatopak's fine (but so depressingly incomplete) list, make sure you check out sheet 2 and 3. The first page has the Mitama and where to get them, the other sheets have skill data.

You could help me finish them you know. xD

You could help me finish them you know. xD

Do the Mitamas pretty much stick to the base type setups or is their some special ones that spice things up a bit?

I would hate to think that the First 5 I have have set the stage for every other Obtainable Mitama already

Uhhh. Page 1 and post #1. Lol

It's in the OP.

Just check the links there.

Edit: Here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjN2cIf_yXawdFVUdG9jMi1sODBvX2dnalotMk9MTHc&usp=sharing
Ha, well snap. I thought there was something other than the Mitama guide, something with weapons someone was working on or something. My bad, but thanks for the vigilance.

Similarly, any large Oni elemental weakness chart/guide? Or just something along the lines of fire>ice>wind>etc..? I tried looking at the TK wikia...but ehhhh....

EDIT:
Man I really am blind. Perhaps I should focus on work, and try to get the serious Toukidening at home...I see extra stuff on the tabs. Many thanks again.

Doombear

I knew that was coming... =P

I WON'T DO IT!

Ok so Pacify. I am probably not seeing its use because my Mitama can't level further than level 3 right? Once they have a higher level cap, it then becomes more Persona-y in that I will learn new skills and have to choose which old skill to replace? So am I understanding correctly that THAT is when Pacify comes in handy. Wiping the skills a Mitama has (once it can actually get more than 3)? That is pretty much the only thing I am unclear on.

Just found out, while looking through the 'guide' section in the menu, that you can 'boost' your Spirit level Mitama skills by holding down the R button longer. Good to know!

killatopak

Gold Member
Ooh, thanks.

It's not complete though. I have yet to put mitama type specific skills and soul combinations.

Do the Mitamas pretty much stick to the base type setups or is their some special ones that spice things up a bit?

I would hate to think that the First 5 I have have set the stage for every other Obtainable Mitama already

I'm not quite sure but the general thing with mitamas is that those of the same type will always have the same active skills. It's the passive skills that mixes up the usefulness of a mitama.
Just found out, while looking through the 'guide' section in the menu, that you can 'boost' your Spirit level Mitama skills by holding down the R button longer. Good to know!

On the lower right where it shows the face of the mitama and the skills that you have, there should be a few circle orbs that are not usually there when you use other mitama types. The amount it fills up determine how much damage the spirit skills have so charge it to max for more damage.

It's not complete though. I have yet to put mitama type specific skills and soul combinations.

I'm not quite sure but the general thing with mitamas is that those of the same type will always have the same active skills. It's the passive skills that mixes up the usefulness of a mitama.

Awww....

I was hoping to see a greater variety of spells.... Still cool but a tad disappointing.

Kind of makes me wonder why we have 200 mitamas in the game

I believe they are all slightly different, and not all augment the Mitama skills though. For example, the support Mitama's have an actual bar. Fill that up, and the homing shot or energy rain (from the ground) become much larger in size, damage, and duration.

Some say charging will take damage instead of your health for a while, or use your focus instead, but I have not found any ways of doing that. Only the support Mitama has worked for augmenting the skills for me so far.

TheGrue

Any time I go online to try to find games, there's never any lobbies that don't have passwords. :(

Also, my PSN ID (TheGrue) is still not up on the OP. Double :(

killatopak

Gold Member
Ha, well snap. I thought there was something other than the Mitama guide, something with weapons someone was working on or something. My bad, but thanks for the vigilance.

Similarly, any large Oni elemental weakness chart/guide? Or just something along the lines of fire>ice>wind>etc..? I tried looking at the TK wikia...but ehhhh....

EDIT:
Man I really am blind. Perhaps I should focus on work, and try to get the serious Toukidening at home...I see extra stuff on the tabs. Many thanks again.

Check tab4/sheet4 of my google doc lol.

ramyeon

Already available for download for Australians, no need to wait until 9PM.

Edit:

omg Why would you do this to me? Why would you let me download it? You monsters.
Haha damn, that's cruel. It's not even showing up as available to download for me. The bonus DLC is, just not the game itself.

Doombear

Awww....

I was hoping to see a greater variety of spells.... Still cool but a tad disappointing.

Kind of makes me wonder why we have 200 mitamas in the game

My guess is that it is because ... OOOH LOOK A NEW MITAMA! THIS ONE LOOKS BADASS!

What was I saying?

Doombear

Oh. Really? Ok. So if you want some help on... OH LOOK ANOTHER NEW MITAMA SHE IS SO CUTE! LET'S GO TO THE - SHIT I AM OUT OF POOL ENTRY CARDS!

TheGrue

Speaking of pool entry cards. What are they for? I saved and then went into the pool and it just said I bathed alone and then I got a buff. I reloaded just in case something better was supposed to happen.

-Digits-

You guys and your Toukiden. Something, something, 14th, wait unbearable, something, something, more Manhunter kills to vent my frustration.

Doombear

Speaking of pool entry cards. What are they for? I saved and then went into the pool and it just said I bathed alone and then I got a buff. I reloaded just in case something better was supposed to happen.

They are for exactly what you might think. One time use, entry in the pool to bathe and get a bonus. So far it has just been me in there, but you will occasionally find others in there as well and the dialogue changes to suit the... uh... interlopers.

LMN

Does anybody know where can I find "Golden fur"? I need that for
Regulation Gloves

Edit: Ok, thanks Kiriin

kiriin

Boost buff and fan service - short conversation with the characters depending on your gender. I have no idea if it affects your relations with the actual character though.

Does anybody know where can I find "Golden fur"? I need that for
Regulation Gloves

Look at your records. Blitzers drop them, found in Age of Grace.

sensui-tomo

just got it today so add me to the list
psn: SensuiTomo
willing to play with anyone, just following the story at the moment

Ken

Anyone know the damage calculation formulas? Wondering when elemental damage will overtake attack damage on enemies weak to the element.

I just blanketed this thread with friend requests. If you haven't got one from me yet, just wait, itsa coming! Or if you feel the urge to beat me to the punch...BaronVonBeans is ma PSN. Now, only 12 more minutes before the 30 minute drive home from work, and the slaying begins...

Dragoshi1

Lovin' the game so far, currently just started Ch3.

Dual blades are still amazing, gauntlets a close second for me.

I completed the regulations armor, and made a pair of windrunner gauntlets.

Ogawa-san

If I didn't know, I'd think
Windshredder
was the Soul Sacrifice crossover boss. Running around and making me spend half of the fight just running after it, feels like every SS boss.

Not a fan.

Also, Toukiden will make me buy a grip...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I hope I get a handle on the controls at some point, because the hold and two button attacks really bug me. I feel like going spear if only because I rarely counter in games anyway.

LMN

I hope I get a handle on the controls at some point, because the hold and two button attacks really bug me. I feel like going spear if only because I rarely counter in games anyway.

Maybe it might be easier if you use map the two button attacks to back screen touch.

Doombear

Hmm, anyone know if Mitama skills stack? For example, one of mine has Protection 1, and I learned Protection 2 but already have 3 skills. So I am curious if having both does any good or if I am better off overwriting Protection 1.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Maybe it might be easier if you use map the two button attacks to back screen touch.
Tried that, but ended up tapping them by accident. Hopefully that option will be better suited on the Vita 2000's smaller touchpad.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Set that attack to use the rear touchpad!

Then you'll think the two-button solution is a breakthrough of incredible UI design

If anyone is interested in STARTING multiplayer with a group (well, we've got the demo stuff mostly done), a friend and I just started up a room. We've been playing story mode so, yeah.

Room name: derp
password: qwe
Network settings: English Version

Edit: We've left on a mission. Let me know here if anyone wants in and we'll make sure to wait before going again.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yep. A headgear. Just complete some missions with 3 dudes online and finish the last mission in the demo then you're set.

Bleh, I want to get that headgear but it's a pain in the arse to setup this.

Oh well, I always planned to play it from the very beginning again and I always turned off the helmet display anyways.

Last night I fell asleep while it's in the middle of download, and the Vita, in all of its stupid glory, stopped the download after it fell to sleep mode as well and so what should have been finished last night will be finished tonight, sigh.

And yes, I tried ticking off and on that mythical use wi-fi in sleep mode in power saving setting but that didn't do jack. A bit pissed off but what can you do.

Top Bottom