• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Oh, with NPCs. Guess I can try him solo.

Which Terragrinder mission did you do?

Hm? The first one. Any time I see a new oni, I always take it on solo as soon as I can. It kinda sucks that the game usually forces you to do it with specific npc members the first time.

Ken

Hm? The first one. Any time I see a new oni, I always take it on solo as soon as I can. It kinda sucks that the game usually forces you to do it with specific npc members the first time.

Oh okay. I was trying to do one that spawns him with a bunch of those Tengu thing which is reaaaaaaally not fun solo.

To the Gaffer that just entered my room. Sorry I left. There's no way to send a message saying "Hey, I'm waiting on one more friend, please kick the npcs out." Remaking the room.

Korten

Banned
Question, anyone know where to fight Pale Imps? I'm on Chapter 3 and need a part of them to make a helmet... Yet I can't seem to find them anywhere... 15+ hours and only killed 20 or so of them.

Doombear

The normal imp quests and red zone clear quests always have a handful. Same with the white spiders. There are usually one for every 5-10 normal types.

Eesh, online mode Bladewing was rough first go.

Edit: Online Bloodhunter (white spider) unlocked after Bladewing. A complete joke in comparison.

Korten

Banned
Been doing the second mission in Chapter 2 where there is always 2 Pale Imps... Freaking things won't drop the Luminous Horn, shard, thing.

killatopak

Gold Member
Eesh, online mode Bladewing was rough first go.

Edit: Online Bloodhunter (white spider) unlocked after Bladewing. A complete joke in comparison.

Can you replace the super names in the spreadsheet once you encounter the second version of bosses? Can you also replace tengu if it isn't the official name?

There also one on sheet4. Can't replace them myself since I'm at school.

Can you replace the super names in the spreadsheet once you encounter the second version of bosses? Can you also replace tengu if it isn't the official name?

There also one on sheet4. Can't replace them myself since I'm at school.

I've been replacing them as I've met them, yeah. And yeah, I'll go fix tengu.

crinale

TBH we really don't know whether it's ultimate version or not. It may be just a smartphone application to supplement original game.

CrovaxPSO

Having some trouble breaking everything on
Pyropteryx
. It seems like there's one more spot once he rears up near the end, but it's kind of hard to tell with the vision mode.

Manac0r

Can't wait till tomorrow so I can join you guys/gals. Quick Q, I'm assuming NAT type will affect online play, what ports should I forward on my router to make the Vita open. Pretty sure I'm set to moderate at the moment.

Hmmm. Having trouble breaking up everything from
Jollux
. He dies before I even destroy the 2 parts on his head.

I had to go in solo to get all parts done on Jollux. With even 1 npc he always died with one part left.

Can't wait till tomorrow so I can join you guys/gals. Quick Q, I'm assuming NAT type will affect online play, what ports should I forward on my router to make the Vita open. Pretty sure I'm set to moderate at the moment.

It definitely affects it but I have no idea exactly what ports. I just used DMZ with my Vita for this game.

Abylim

Soooo 15 minutes til 9pm in most of Australia! Heres hoping its up!
If not, an hour and 15 til its 9pm everywhere in Aus.

Gahh hurry up!

Superflat

Jollux

I've been able to break everything with knives pretty easily, and since they're generally weaker than the other weapons I can worry less about killing it too fast. By the time I get all the parts the Oni is pretty much dead, so it still cuts really close, but I also bring one or two NPCs normally. Bringing weaker weapons may do it too lol

I like using knives and gauntlets the most so far. Tend to buy those first when a new set of weapons come up.

maouvin

Having some trouble breaking everything on
Pyropteryx
. It seems like there's one more spot once he rears up near the end, but it's kind of hard to tell with the vision mode.

Jollux

I only manage to break all parts for these two when using a SPT mitama. That circle attack (fully charged) really helps.

Oh, that's with a full party and me using bow.

ramyeon

Still no Toukiden on Australian PSN, despite being past the stated time of distribution :/ would be nice if this did go up before today ends...

Edit: My complaints were premature! It's up and downloading! :D should be done in about 45 minutes! It's gonna be a late night.

FireSol

Finally!!!
4e11198f0dc8.jpg

ramyeon

Those downloading in Australia: just finished mine and can also confirm it's locked and says it can't be played until release day. Kind of a letdown. Would be nice if it unlocks at midnight, we'll see I guess.

Vee_One

Those downloading in Australia: just finished mine and can also confirm it's locked and says it can't be played until release day. Kind of a letdown. Would be nice if it unlocks at midnight, we'll see I guess.

I thought it was still a couple of weeks away in Australia

ramyeon

I thought it was still a couple of weeks away in Australia
Physical release, yeah. Because of issues with the distributor and JB Hi-Fi, who have exclusivity rights to this release. PSN digital release is the 14th still. Digital preorders started downloading tonight but are still locked until tomorrow.

Vee_One

Physical release, yeah. Because of issues with the distributor and JB Hi-Fi, who have exclusivity rights to this release. PSN digital release is the 14th still. Digital preorders started downloading tonight but are still locked until tomorrow.

Oooohhhhh. I'm starting to get a bit hyped now.

killatopak

Gold Member
Damn. I got a lot of school stuff to do until next week. I may not be able to play....

What's more important gaf? School or Toukiden?

Shengar

If only I patient enough, I should get a physical copy tomorrow. Poor me ;__;
It from Famitsu so... edit: beaten

1. Nagi
2. Okaa
3. Hayatori
4. Hatsuho
5. Fugaku/Tenko
6. None cause of Fugaku/Tenko tie
7. Kikka :S
8. Ibuki
9. Yamato
10. Yuu
Yuu number 10?
Japan have shit taste confirmed
Damn. I got a lot of school stuff to do until next week. I may not be able to play....

You know the answer already right?
I said school, but it'll be better if you can managed time effectively to not hinder your school perfomance and commitment to hobby.

I actually took a personal day yesterday in order to play. Skipped Japanese, Calculus II, and Programming II.

Somehow worked out in my favor, with Programming being cancelled.

School is more important. :p

I've been praying for a snow day though so I can have a real excuse to not go to work and play Toukiden all day. I played some last night before going to bed and finished an Azure spear/armor set. I found a cool SPD Mitama that I've been using.

School is more important. :p

I've been praying for a snow day though so I can have a real excuse to not go to work and play Toukiden all day. I played some last night before going to bed and finished an Azure spear/armor set. I found a cool SPD Mitama that I've been using.

SPD is goddamn broken. All the skills have such short cooldowns. I love the circle skill with gauntlets. If I get a decent Mitama with chain that also has other boosts I want, SPD's triangle skill is going to get even more awesome.

Top Bottom