• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's the small things that really differentiate the market leader and the other guys. I look at the environment/map in Toukiden and have a crazy hard time trying to figure out where I'm going. Everything is completely disjointed. Hopefully none of the monsters leave arenas and run around the map like in Monster Hunter.

ibgGsPX4x9zS7B.jpg

ifHTHvrt2ixfD.jpg

How are these two areas even connected? I'm looking at the path from one to the other, and nothing is the same. There's a ton more examples on this map. One gate near a massive mountain and burnt palace looks to lead over a bridge to a rocky area - cross over, you're in a burnt village with no bridge in sight, and no mountain. It's so needlessly disorienting.

Korten

Banned
About to rip out my hair... The Pale Imps won't drop the Luminous Shard... I've killed many in the Chapter 2 mission: Defense Mission - Grace.

All they drop is fucking voracious fangs...

LMN

It's the small things that really differentiate the market leader and the other guys. I look at the environment/map in Toukiden and have a crazy hard time trying to figure out where I'm going. Everything is completely disjointed. Hopefully none of the monsters leave arenas and run around the map like in Monster Hunter.

How are these two areas even connected? I'm looking at the path from one to the other, and nothing is the same. There's a ton more examples on this map. One gate near a massive mountain and burnt palace looks to lead over a bridge to a rocky area - cross over, you're in a burnt village with no bridge in sight, and no mountain. It's so needlessly disorienting.

It's a design choice, here according to the official website

eria2.jpg

Shengar

About to rip out my hair... The Pale Imps won't drop the Luminous Shard... I've killed many in the Chapter 2 mission: Defense Mission - Grace.

All they drop is fucking voracious fangs...
Maybe you should try higher level for imps if there is any. Just relax, if you don't receive the drop you want have a break with progressing the story or online session.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

eria2.jpg
Ages are the levels themselves, architecturally influenced by different historical periods, but not really based in reality (crazy volcanoes and such).

9 and 7 in Age of Grace link well, for example. But they're one of the few that do.

Shiina

eria2.jpg

I think he meant that the sub areas don't look like they're directly connected with each other. I personally barely notice it because monsters don't run between areas so it doesn't really matter.
That said, Monster Hunter is a decade old and has had a dozen games to get to where it is right

crinale

Ages are the levels themselves, architecturally influenced by different historical periods, but not really based in reality (crazy volcanoes and such).

9 and 7 in Age of Grace link well, for example. But it's one of the few that do.

The areas are not physically connected at all. The "Awakening" warped the earth and created field (or "Ages") which are basically collective of actual notable areas (supposedly) existed at each age. That's why you must go through portals to go between areas (yes you teleport every time you go through between 2 areas). Each area may not even exist at exact same timeframe physically.

Technically, the map shows only topological connection between areas, but not physical locations.

That said, I agree that this design choice gives players confusion regarding their current location, though.

Superflat

Got to the Blazing weapons and holy shit. THESE are monster hunting weapons.

Harrowhalf was disappointingly easy. Probably the easiest boss in the game so far.

Yeah, at first I was thinking it'd be a challenge to get all the parts off, but it became non-issue halfway through lol

Really liking the armor you make from its parts.

Superflat

I just know taht Manhunter's horn is a breakable part o_O
Is it hard to break?

From my experience all horn parts are a pain and they take a while to break. I try to focus on horn and spike parts more than the limbs, since my party members can do most of that without my help.

ramyeon

Time to play some more. I should probably do the single player stuff a bit to catch up to where I am online I guess. Really tempting to farm Terragrinder but I'm only up to the first Jollux fight on single player lol.

ramyeon

Man Terragrinder is a beast. Thanks for the games guys, gotta grab a bite to eat now. I'll probably be back on sooner than later lol.

Shengar

I'm actually about to join with you guys, but keep getting error over and over :(
Just what the hell is wrong with my internet, I can browse gaf and their reaction gifs just fine D:

ramyeon

I'm actually about to join with you guys, but keep getting error over and over :(
Just what the hell is wrong with my internet, I can browse gaf and their reaction gifs just fine D:
Is your vita set as your DMZ on your router? After doing that online has been as smooth as butter for me, and I usually have a plethora of issues with online gaming!

Edit: I really, really dislike that you have to disconnect to go out and do any forging or mitama management. Really bad oversight there.

Shengar

Nope. I can break both with one hit of my super while he's on the ground (Sword).

Aww, and here I amn having difficulties aiming that little horn :(
By the way, Windshredder hidden horns only appeared when he have only sliver of health right? Or is there anyway to trigger it while he have more HP?

ramyeon

I'm down, I'll be in shortly (Himiko player name).

Edit: Can't find it. Are you on English or All? Either that or you guys are in a quest already.

Kaji

God damn I can't wait to finish work and get hunting!!!

Also while @ work my vita2000 black/pink arrived so I am insanely pumped.

Top Bottom