• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

ramyeon

So unlike MH there's definitely no grace period of immortality when you get knocked down. Manhunter has this really cheap move where he charges you and it hits you 3 times in a row. If that doesn't kill you his swipe immediately after that will :/

Shengar

So unlike MH there's definitely no grace period of immortality when you get knocked down. Manhunter has this really cheap move where he charges you and it hits you 3 times in a row. If that doesn't kill you his swipe immediately after that will :/

I almost died when Windshredder charge me against the wall. That shit so cheap, but I'm not really sure if that is really cheap, or a more incentive to not tank charge attack.

CrovaxPSO

My battery died, I plugged the charger into the Vita a while ago but forgot to plug the other end into the wall.

Edit: How long does it take to be able to turn the Vita back on again after the battery dies, damn. I was going to try and get right back in but it'll probably be a bit longer.

ramyeon

My battery died, I plugged the charger into the Vita a while ago but forgot to plug the other end into the wall.

Edit: How long does it take to be able to turn the Vita back on again after the battery dies, damn. I was going to try and get right back in but it'll probably be a bit longer.

Only a few minutes. We can wait.
No worries! I needed a bit of a break after those to check my blacksmith stuff. So much new armour and weapons to make now :D let me know if you guys wanna hop back in. I wouldn't mind farming a few of those new Oni we fought.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm gonna be playing online after 5 hours of school. I hope I can play with you guys later. I'm in chapter 4 already so I'm gonna be needing your help in bosses above Harrowhalf. Thanks!

Ketch

I wish the bestiary had more information... like who drops what items would be nice. I need some golden fur, and I had one once, but I have no idea where it came from.

Emalde

All of that information -is- actually in your collection/slayer records, accessible from the start menu. If you've obtained it at any point, you'll see it in one of the lists.

Ketch

All of that information -is- actually in your collection/slayer records, accessible from the start menu. If you've obtained it at any point, you'll see it in one of the lists.

Oh really? I thought the librarian guy would have it... my bad. They did say he had all the info though.... I'll look through the other menu then, thanks.

Shengar

I thought our session just end.
Ramyeon advice work wonders, now I can connect flawlessly. Though I'm not sure it's the same for playing since I try to purify things but they can't be purified somehow.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How far are you? I'm only on phase 3, myself, so if you want to join up with me, we could go through earlier missions and stuff for a little bit.

Still chapter 1, about to fight Manhunter :)

I can't play at these hours except on weekends since I am at work. I can play about next 4-5 hours or so.

Thanks for the offer :)

Scher

Still chapter 1, about to fight Manhunter :)

I can't play at these hours except on weekends since I am at work. I can play about next 4-5 hours or so.

Thanks for the offer :)

Well, feel free to ask me to join or something on the weekend, then. I'll have no issues with doing earlier missions with you if I'm not busy at the time.

ramyeon

Getting to bed soon, that was a lot of fun. That bird is no joke.
Good games! So much armour and weapons to craft but I'm broke after just a few haha, will have to farm those Oni a bit I think.

Bladewing was definitely a tough one, but although he hits like a truck his tells were pretty obvious and easy to dodge his attacks. Wish I had a better Wind weapon to take him on with.

Just forged his sword and it's massive! Really wanna get his armour, it looks great.

Shengar

Are you guys done? Looks like I'm too busy with Chapter 2 last missions. My first time soloing Manhunter, and that was intense experience.

ramyeon

Say... if you are using Fist/Sword, how can you target enemies' parts located up high?
You don't, you need to get them on the ground and attack them that way. Super attacks can destroy parts in one go so they're a huge help.

Edit: Anyone found a good way to make quick money? I'm running really dry.

Shengar

Missing super attack is damn annoying though, especially when you are not playing with bow. Make sure the boss stand still before taking any shot.

Abylim

Any tips for breaking with Spears?

Bow is amazing for bosses, but pretty meh for everything else.

What does the blessing at the shrine do? Just give you a random material?

Shiina

Any tips for breaking with Spears?

Bow is amazing for bosses, but pretty meh for everything else.

What does the blessing at the shrine do? Just give you a random material?

Lock on to your desired target and spam square charge for stupid damage and a high ulti gauge refill rate. I could hit Harrohalfs upper arms from the ground pretty easily once I locked them on. Save your throw for the horns or other difficult to reach or to continuously attack parts.

And the blessing shrine gets gradually bigger as you keep feeding it. The rewards get better and you get a trophy in the end. Not sure if there's anything else at the end other than those two.

Man, this game is great. Stayed up way too late farming Jullox(?) last night trying to get the "Mountain" part considering I have work today. No luck even though I broke the part that I was sure would give it. Oh well! That's part of hunting games.

Since I have the weekend off I'm definitely down to play with some people tonight/this weekend.

Shengar

Jollux is actually not pretty interesting, but man, I'm always having a blast fighting it. Maybe it because the theme so rightfully with the boss movement all in all.

Shiina

dml.jpg

Now this was podracing

Is there anyway to boost the amount of damage to individual parts without boosting the overall damage. I keep killing Windshredders before I can take all there parts off?

Also are there more training sessions than in the demo? I did them all there but the medal and trophy haven't popped?

Shengar

Is there anyway to boost the amount of damage to individual parts without boosting the overall damage. I keep killing Windshredders before I can take all there parts off?

Also are there more training sessions than in the demo? I did them all there but the medal and trophy haven't popped?

Bow is pretty good if you looking for specific part, especially Windshredder hidden horn. You might want to consider bring less party members so they don't accidentaly killed the onis before you break all of their parts. If you stick to melee, try to not hit the on already broken and purified parts or attack them at all during rage mode. Their health only damaged if you attack them on their purple phantom limbs or when they in rage mode where their whole body turn purple, which mean you can hurt them anywhere you like.

So far no more extra training session. You might need to complete them all or just one to gain the trophy, haven't checked it myself.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Aw COME ON. Phases are bullshit. Why do I have to redo all of the completed missions in the Chapters as Phases if I want to expand available missions in MP? That's just bollocks!

Top Bottom