• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Aw COME ON. Phases are bullshit. Why do I have to redo all of the completed missions in the Chapters as Phases if I want to expand available missions in MP? That's just bollocks!

MP and SP are separate. So much better than the stupid shit Soul Sac did by forcing you to play SP to unlock MP quests.

JimPanzer

Aw COME ON. Phases are bullshit. Why do I have to redo all of the completed missions in the Chapters as Phases if I want to expand available missions in MP? That's just bollocks!

can someone explain how multiplayer exactly works? do I have to do all missions again?
I've just beaten jollux in singleplayer and thinking about dipping into multiplayer (I'm at the point where the demo ended). so, if anyone wants to play in about an hour...

edit: sry for doublepost, I'm dumb

Guymelef

check your letters inside your house

Nothing there :(
Only those.
i5NodlOGHY55B.jpg

Ketch

can someone explain how multiplayer exactly works? do I have to do all missions again?
I've just beaten jollux in singleplayer and thinking about dipping into multiplayer (I'm at the point where the demo ended). so, if anyone wants to play in about an hour...

edit: sry for doublepost, I'm dumb

The mission structure in MP is the same as SP, except completing mission in SP doesn't count as completing them in multiplayer.... so you've beaten jollux in SP, and now you have to go all the back to the very first mission and beat them all, all over again, in MP "mode". I agree with the above poster that it is total and utter bullocks.

It hasn't stopped me from playing the game yet, but it is my least favorite thing about the game. My advice is to only play MP as much as possible, you miss out on the lame story, but you can still use all the same NPC allies so it's not too bad.

So far no more extra training session. You might need to complete them all or just one to gain the trophy, haven't checked it myself.

I've done a couple more training missions and nothing so it looks like I'll have to try redoing them all.

I had a problem with the chapter 1 trophy not popping, even though I had he medal for that one. I only had to redo the last mission to get it.

Aww yeah, Toukiden get! It was the only copy at my local MediaMarkt. Too bad they didn't have DanganRonpa, guess I'll try somewhere else for that one (or get it digital).

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
finished the demo. now i really want to continue farming stuff. few more days and i'll join.

Yeah, I finished it about 30 minutes ago, too. I have it ordered so it should probably show up sometime next week. Should probably check out the other weapons by then as I've only tried the sword so far.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I have to redo all MP missions? Whelp.

Let's make play online then. Anybody wants to?

I noticed this last night. I only had the first 4 missions available when I joined any multilayer match. In single player I have 11 missions completed in the second area.

I hope I don't have to redo everything to play with other people.

swnny

Damn, Zavvi still haven't shipped my pre-order. :(
Anyone ordered from them and have different status for Toukiden then "Awaiting Stock Pick "?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
In the mission list, I see that some are red colored. Does this correspond to where I get the items for quests I have accepted?

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm not gonna be home from classes for another 5 hours today. I'll want to play when I get home for sure though.

That'll be around 6 am here. Maybe I'll wake up by 7? Wait for me lol.

hmm I can't see the room, do you have restrictions active? I'm only 1-4.

Check to see if you have your server setting set to all. Change it to English if it is.

Edit: Something happened to my router for a bit. Maybe Muchi Muchi Pink can host?

Ohnonono

This game is so goooooooood! Perfect blend of MH and a bit faster pace. Also the story is totally decent and cut scenes look amazing. Having an amazing time.

I'm not sure but you had to have completed a mission at least and got his name on record.

Yeah, I just checked. I have 3 people on my list with a mission played. Maybe the EU version didn't get it yet since it just launched today? Anyone with a EU copy that can confirm if he got the bonus or not?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I played with 3 people but did not complete the demo, and I got the equipment. So many conflicting reports! :D

Edit:

US here.

I completed the demo but never played online. Last night after some online matches I randomly got the letter and equipment for playing with demo people.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Still waiting for my copy to arrive. Might go see if Gamestop has it if it doesn't get delivered today.

JimPanzer

muchi muchi pink we were just playing together ;) I was the constantly dying longsword player (sakura ingame name).
going to eat something and will continue later.

Top Bottom