• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

RalchAC

My copy doesn't arrive until monday. Guess I'll continue playing FF7 in the meanwhile...

My PSN ID is RalchAC. Hope OP can put it in the list :)

Bow is amazing for bosses, but pretty meh for everything else.
I gotta disagree with you here. I did the mission in late phase 2 where
you have to kill 100 imps in 5 min
. I took Fugaku, I used my Wind Bow, and cleared the mission in just under 3 minutes. I was dropping them Imps like flies, seriously. The bow is an amazing weapon. Each triangle shot has it's very specific uses. Once you learn what to use when, (knowing distances couldn't hurt either) you will see what I mean, and you will see it's power. While curse shot -> homing shot is awesome, the other moves are better in many circumstances. Just gotta find them out. I have previously posted a few of my strategies that work exceedingly well imo. Heck, even just a fully charged square shot is awesome if you know when to do it. We will never get the power of the gauntlets, but with proper practice, you will get close. I had planned to also use gauntlets, (before the full game came out), but not now. I am all bow, all the time!!
same here in murica

I think it might be preorder shit that digital buyers didn't get :(
I got some slick DLC missions from Gamestop. Haven't been able to play them yet though, no one else had had them...TO ALL AMERICAN BUYERS (I guess EU too, I just don't know if it'd work or not....) but anyway, if you are passing by a gamestop, stop in and say you lost your receipt for when you picked up Toukiden. They will likely just print you out a code. A buddy that works at GS told me this. He said, "We have been trained to reprint codes if asked because we deal with children and other people who can't seem to hold on to receipts sometimes." So give it a shot! Potential free DLC!!! Worse case scenario, they say no :D I know I have done it legitimately to other games, and they never even asked for any of my information.

TheGrue

Anyone know anything about weapon upgrade paths or where to see them? I have my Breaker Broadsword up to +9 and it won't level it anymore. Under Result, there is a ???, so not sure if that means there is some other path to take this thing on? I didn't see (but maybe missed it) when upgrading it from normal, so wondering if there are other ways to unlock upgrade paths.

Anyone know anything about weapon upgrade paths or where to see them? I have my Breaker Broadsword up to +9 and it won't level it anymore. Under Result, there is a ???, so not sure if that means there is some other path to take this thing on? I didn't see (but maybe missed it) when upgrading it from normal, so wondering if there are other ways to unlock upgrade paths.
My thought on this is that some upgrade will unlock later on, allowing for greater weapon ungrades. I don't know for sure, just an edumacated guess. Otherwise....who knows...

On a side note, I have learned a little bit about the pool, but not enough to make any solid claims. I have just witnessed that there is a sign on the outside of the pool that has had a red character on it, and a different blue character on it, on a different day. I'm thinking these may have some tell as to who is already bathing.

Arken2121

Just started, very fun. If anyone wants to play, my PSN is Arken2786. I'm always making a lobby so everyone is welcome. The password is
GAF

Shiina

http://alphawiki.net/toukiden/index.php?太刀

Good luck

So what's everyone's favorite weapon type? I just started playing and not really feeling any of them. I did bow and lancer in MH games.

I'm having a hard time not using the spear. It just destroys parts so consistently while doing more damage than the bow. How are you supposed to destroy parts that are up top with the sword or the gauntlets? And what purpose does the kusarigama have?

arimanius

So what's everyone's favorite weapon type? I just started playing and not really feeling any of them. I did bow and lancer in MH games.

Doombear

I've been all over the place with MH. Bow in MHFU, LS and Hammer in MHP3G, Lance and GS in Tri. SA and HH in MH3U.

Went allll the way back to my favorite though, with Bow. Love it until I have to clear trash mobs. Then I switch to Dual.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Spear, because I never found myself having to use its square+cross attack, which makes my fingers happy.

And what purpose does the kusarigama have?

Being awesome, that's its purpose. You have the chain attack, which is weaker but has crazy range for melee and a huge attack arc, then the sickle for closer, more intimate damage. Also it's charge attack means you can pull yourself up to high Oni parts and follow up with some nice mid air sickle slashes.

I'm all bow! I absolutely love it's versatility, and with the right Mitama it is so devastating. (technically though all weapons are like that :D )

MH I was GS, Bow and HH user, and the bowplay in Touk feels so good. I almost like it better than MH's bows. Almost!

Gotta say though, HELL YEA to all you fellow HH users out there! PLUS double HELL YEA HELL YEA to all my fellow bowers in Touk!

Ogawa-san

I love longsword but breaking parts is so much easier with a bow... Not only for letting you lock to them, but Eruption is almost an ultimate attack.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
I was long sword and gauntlets but tried the bow and wow, I'm a bow user now. MH I liked the long sword too.

edit: I got the gamestop missions also.

I gotta disagree with you here. I did the mission in late phase 2 where
you have to kill 100 imps in 5 min
. I took Fugaku, I used my Wind Bow, and cleared the mission in just under 3 minutes. I was dropping them Imps like flies, seriously. The bow is an amazing weapon. Each triangle shot has it's very specific uses. Once you learn what to use when, (knowing distances couldn't hurt either) you will see what I mean, and you will see it's power. While curse shot -> homing shot is awesome, the other moves are better in many circumstances. Just gotta find them out. I have previously posted a few of my strategies that work exceedingly well imo. Heck, even just a fully charged square shot is awesome if you know when to do it. We will never get the power of the gauntlets, but with proper practice, you will get close. I had planned to also use gauntlets, (before the full game came out), but not now. I am all bow, all the time!!

I got some slick DLC missions from Gamestop. Haven't been able to play them yet though, no one else had had them...TO ALL AMERICAN BUYERS (I guess EU too, I just don't know if it'd work or not....) but anyway, if you are passing by a gamestop, stop in and say you lost your receipt for when you picked up Toukiden. They will likely just print you out a code. A buddy that works at GS told me this. He said, "We have been trained to reprint codes if asked because we deal with children and other people who can't seem to hold on to receipts sometimes." So give it a shot! Potential free DLC!!! Worse case scenario, they say no :D I know I have done it legitimately to other games, and they never even asked for any of my information.

I'm going to have to try the bow again. I tried it in the demo and found it difficult to kill anything with.

I also have the GS mission, but havent tried them yet. Guess I should give them a try later tonight.

I still can't get over how much I enjoy doing the gauntlets dempsy roll... can't stop won't stop.
Dempsey_roll.gif

Hell, years ago I created my damn psn name based on Ippo's move and now I get to do it in a somewhat historical demon vanquishing backdrop?? Winning.

OP - please add me to the list for online play - psn (drumroll): tokyopunchout

I still can't get over how much I enjoy doing the gauntlets dempsy roll... can't stop won't stop.
Dempsey_roll.gif

Hell, years ago I created my damn psn name based on Ippo's move and now I get to do it in a somewhat historical demon vanquishing backdrop?? Winning.

OP - please add me to the list for online play - psn (drumroll): tokyopunchout

Heh, this is also the reason why I love the gauntlets the most. The first time I did that move I immediately was reminded of the dempsey roll.

Just unlocked and purchased some of the Regulation Armor set. Told myself one more stage, yet here I am, about 10 more in.

This game is dangerous.

ajim

Went to pick this up in Aus in Melbourne and couldn't find it anywhere sadly enough. So I had to opt for a download and juggle up some free space which I was hoping to avoid lol.

:(

Doombear

Can anyone confirm where Unclean Ears come from? Guessing Mr. Terragrinder the Abominable Gross Un-Tortoise, yet I haven't seen one from him yet. Anyone able to check Records and let me know?

ramyeon

Went to pick this up in Aus in Melbourne and couldn't find it anywhere sadly enough. So I had to opt for a download and juggle up some free space which I was hoping to avoid lol.

:(
That's because the physical version isn't out until the 27th here and only at JB Hi-Fi :/

Man, I have to work today but all I wanna be doing is sitting around at home grinding for armour sets.

Doombear

Aha! That explains that. I haven't done that quest to kill a bunch of them yet.

And before you say anything about my being lazy killatopak, and not looking for myself, I was in the process of finding out that 不浄の耳 (Unclean Ears) do not seem to be a drop of ツチカヅキ (Tsuchikadzuki (Terragrinder)).

So thank you, Kazama, for telling me who DOES drop them!

On the topic of upgrades... kinda. So how does everyone else feel about the + upgrades taking a) no materials and b) no Haku to do. This is obviously not true when upgrading to a new path (Long Sword to Master Sword for example). I am just not used to it. Kind of bummed really, since there are fewer weapons and armor types, and therefore I won't be spending the time that I would to get them all in MH for example.

I could see how this would be a GOOD thing to a lot of people thouhg. Is it to you?

Ridley327

Alright, finally got the game in after Snowpocalypse 2: Snowpocalypse on Ice came and went.

Throwing up a room now called GAFfers, password tri3. Got some catching up to do!

Hey, gg! Had to leave for a bit.

And I still don't know how to not get mowed by the windshredder :D

I had to leave too, and gg to you too ;).

I still don't have my pink tenku mask though, I had hoped it would pop up after a few online play sessions. Did we need to complete all the collection sidequests too or something? Because I only finished the main missions.

Okay. That's it. I can no longer imagine using gauntlets without having a Mitama that has the Swordsmanship boost.

This is TOO fucking good. Weapon Gauge increases when you crit. So with gauntlets...well, self explanatory. I can get off 3-4 supers per oni now.

Also got a Mitama with Vigor+ (Nimble), which makes the circle skill of speed types boost attack speed even more. Gauntlets' Dempsey roll + that is just beastly. I can't even tell what's going on on the screen any more when the punches hit max speed.

Top Bottom