• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Yaoibot

Having a blast with sickle, its mad fun staying up in the air and hacking away at a gigantic monster. I'll group with folks in a while, I generally don't in hunting games until I'm fully geared an OP. Prefer not to be a liability.

Are the online missions limited by the story? They don't seem to be, at least in terms of unlocking zones, bosses and such. Just took down the fire bird, which is a interesting fight. I can imagine how irritating that battle would be with a strict melee user.

Edit: I also find that a comfort grip is essential for Vita games like these. Tried it with just a rubber skin and my hands were cramping up in minutes. (No idea what brand I'm using now, but its sort of rubbery textured and not too big or small on the hands with excellent triggers).

Edit: I also find that a comfort grip is essential for Vita games like these. Tried it with just a rubber skin and my hands were cramping up in minutes. (No idea what brand I'm using now, but its sort of rubbery textured and not too big or small on the hands with excellent triggers).

I got myself this grip: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0084SQEO6/

Had to buy it from the UK since they are out of stock in the US.

Best vita grip out there imo. I had the dreamgear one, but found it quite annoying as it sorta blocked the dpad and four face buttons in the front.

Shiina

cpp.jpg

smooth

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm having a hard time destroying all the parts of Hell's Warden.

Basically, I can't destroy the highest circular bone thingy before he dies.

And this is me trying 4 times already. :/

Edit: Finally did it! :D

ramyeon

Which phase? 4?
Yep, I've got a lobby open called Viper Queen, no pass if you're interested. Hopefully not errors today :/

Edit ugh just filled up as I typed this. I'll let you know if someone leaves

Edit 2: error again. I don't know what's going on with this game and it's netcode but I've been having non stop errors since last night...

ramyeon

That has to be just about the most annoying thing about this game. I still can't find a reason or cause for it either.

Wanna try again?

Superflat

fought Bladebirdthing for the first time. I've never been so battered in this game, lol

Had to be revived an embarrassing amount of times :U

ramyeon

Glitched again. Coincidence or not, the previous one was with 4 players too.
Ugh yeah I have no idea what the cause is. It seems to be completely random.
You should probably password your rooms with something~

E: Ramyeon, should I make a room? When we played the other night, there were no issues.
Sure, maouvin can join us there too. Hopefully this isn't an issue with the connection on my end.

Emalde

Having your Vita with a static IP in the DMZ and UPnP enabled tends to eliminate most issues.

OniGAF || 1234

e: Wow, I've never seen it spawn in 6 before

ramyeon

Having your Vita with a static IP in the DMZ and UPnP enabled tends to eliminate most issues.

OniGAF || 1234

e: Wow, I've never seen it spawn in 6 before
Haha yeah that was the last place I expected it to be.

Gonna check if I have UPnP enabled, I did set it as the DMZ and that solved most of my issues when I played the demo. Doesn't seem to be just me getting issues though.

I'm good for Harrowhalf mats now I believe! So we can do any quests you want, and if others wanna join as well.

ramyeon

Sorry about that guys, for whatever reason my battery was not not charging and died... can't figure out why because the cable was in :/

I'll be back after I can turn on my Vita again.

ramyeon

This is weird... does anyone know how long it should take to be able to turn on your Vita again after it's been drained empty? And during that time should there be a light where the PS button is or not?

Edit: My bad luck continues. I think my Vita or at least the charger is dead guys.

Superflat

This is weird... does anyone know how long it should take to be able to turn on your Vita again after it's been drained empty? And during that time should there be a light where the PS button is or not?

Edit: My bad luck continues. I think my Vita or at least the charger is dead guys.

When it happens to me, it's usually around a minute or two till the orange PS logo stops blinking, and it turns on fine after that.

The LED should be blinking orange for about 15 minutes. Could be a faulty charger.

ramyeon

I was waiting up for Ramy, but it looks like he's dead.

nnwSJQX.png
Yeah.. don't wait up on me. I'm gonna keep "charging" it to see if it comes back to life, otherwise I might have to exchange it for a new one tomorrow. There goes my weekend of Toukiden huh!

ramyeon

Do you think its the vita or the charger?
I'd hope it's the charger but don't really have any way of checking :/ not sure if EB will exchange just the charger individually either. I'd be surprised if it's the Vita itself though since it's only around a month old.

Superflat

I'd hope it's the charger but don't really have any way of checking :/ not sure if EB will exchange just the charger individually either. I'd be surprised if it's the Vita itself though since it's only around a month old.

Is the Playstation logo on the charger facing upward when you plug it in? I remember reading that it doesnt charge if it's not, even though it fits fine both ways.

krossj

Sure, you and ramy will make a full 4.

I tried searching a bunch of times but nothing came up. Ina random room just now. Will try later if a room is still going.

Online has some issues. The game sort of froze on me while entering the mission select earlier.

ramyeon

Is the Playstation logo on the charger facing upward when you plug it in? I remember reading that it doesnt charge if it's not, even though it fits fine both ways.
Yeah I was hoping it'd be something as silly as that but yeah it's facing the right way unfortunately :(

Top Bottom