• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Superflat

I had dropped out to make some new stuff real quick, and now I can't seem to find the room again. Did someone happen to hop in?

Same. There's also the chance that we all dropped out to make new equipment and now the room doesn't exist LOL

I'll make a room, same deets.

Kaji

Hey guys, I'm really thinking about picking this up after having played the demo for a couple of hours... Just got a couple of questions:

If I really loved Monster Hunter, would this be a shoe-in for me? I noticed the similarities, but really liked the differences as well. But as I have only experienced a brief snippet of everything, I'm not sure if the similarities go beyond the same minimap/zone structure and the hunting aspect, or if there are other things as well.

And secondly, is the online community (particularly GAF's presence, since I'm a member here) strong or as alive as MH3U's was on the Wii U? I could definitely see myself doing some badass hunts with fellow Gaffers. But I'm wondering if the content is lengthy/rich enough to sustain an online playerbase for a long span of time?

Leaning towards picking this up as soon as I get done with Bravely Default. Thanks for your input GAF!

I love MH (to the point I imported a Japanese 3ds to play MH4) and I am really enjoying this and what different things it brings to the table.

Online has been fairly strong so far from what I've played have had a couple of d/c issues with randoms but no GAF problems yet.

Wookieomg

I love MH (to the point I imported a Japanese 3ds to play MH4) and I am really enjoying this and what different things it brings to the table.

Online has been fairly strong so far from what I've played have had a couple of d/c issues with randoms but no GAF problems yet.

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback :) I am super excited for MH4 as well.. I don't have a Japanese 3DS or I would join you in your endeavors. :p

As an aside, how did you come by yours?

Are the hunts (or whatever they're referred to in Toukiden as) as epic and challenging as in MH?

ramyeon

He's actually way easier than he seems. His tells are really obvious and all his attacks have a lead up that gives more than enough time to dodge roll away and not get hit at all. He's a tank, so make sure you take water element weapons to break through his defenses.

Are the hunts (or whatever they're referred to in Toukiden as) as epic and challenging as in MH?

Outside of a couple stinkers (which are no stranger to MH either, fuck you Gigginox) the monsters are pretty fun to fight and provide a decent challenge, at least moreso than most action games. I haven't died much online but that's because the mechanics in this game are different and you don't have to worry about stupid shit like underwater fights and your stam bar draining or hot/cold drinks. A disappointing thing though is you won't see a pushover like Qurupeco call in help from Jho to make the fight more challenging and (SO FAR) the dual monster fights aren't thrown at you at the same time.

Wookieomg

Outside of a couple stinkers (which are no stranger to MH either, fuck you Gigginox) the monsters are pretty fun to fight and provide a decent challenge, at least moreso than most action games. I haven't died much online but that's because the mechanics in this game are different and you don't have to worry about stupid shit like underwater fights and your stam bar draining or hot/cold drinks. A disappointing thing though is you won't see a pushover like Qurupeco call in help from Jho to make the fight more challenging and (SO FAR) the dual monster fights aren't thrown at you at the same time.

I see, I see. Sounds like a game I could really dump some time into! After spending about ~100 hours in MH3U and still not fully completing it, I am pretty excited to get into this :)

Abylim

V7fOOaq.jpg

O_O Good Governor!
Im wearing crimson now!!

CrovaxPSO

Anyone want to work on clearing Phase 4? I just beat the Edax and opened up three more quests but I don't mind redoing the previous ones if you need catching up.

Abylim

Quoting myself earlier.

Any help guys?

I wanna say the Raptor Talon was off those bigger bird mobs, I think in chapter 3. But I'm not too sure >_<

Is there different bosses in multi player, if so, when do you start seeing them?

I cant put this damn game down. Just about done with chapter 4, in single player. Almost on phase 4 in multi.

killatopak

Gold Member
I wanna say the Raptor Talon was off those bigger bird mobs, I think in chapter 3. But I'm not too sure >_<

Is there different bosses in multi player, if so, when do you start seeing them?

I cant put this damn game down. Just about done with chapter 4, in single player. Almost on phase 4 in multi.

Yeah, another guy said it was from the bird man thingy too. I guess I'll farm them. Any idea on the 1st item?

CrovaxPSO

Anyone know where you get pulsating lava? I had one but can't find it in the collection record, so I must have gotten it from the tree.

-Digits-

Are there any drops that are just pure vendor trash? I assume the coins are, but I'm not sure if there are others. Ever since I don't have to deal with the inventory limit anymore, I have just kept onto everything. My patronage with the vendor is stuck on 14k because of it.

Ogawa-san

Other than Ancient coin, so far I found Otherworldly debris and Otherworldly something else. The description suggests it's vendor trash so I sold all I had.

Abylim

Finally in Chapter 5. Wow, that Chthonian guy regens his limbs quick! I wish the AI would help out with purifying more. They tend to do it sometimes, but sometimes they see me doing it and just piss off lol

I'm thinking about killing Chthonian one or two more times, getting his full armor set then diving into multi. Any thoughts? Is this a good starting point?

Yaoibot

Finally in Chapter 5. Wow, that Chthonian guy regens his limbs quick! I wish the AI would help out with purifying more. They tend to do it sometimes, but sometimes they see me doing it and just piss off lol

I'm thinking about killing Chthonian one or two more times, getting his full armor set then diving into multi. Any thoughts? Is this a good starting point?

Honestly, the AI companions are decent enough and there are fewer disconnect issues. Wtf is up with all the errors? I'll do multi, but probably not till I've cleared the campaign. Gives everyone time to gear up too. Also, I've noticed that the girl with the bow purifies more than other NPCs, so maybe toss her into the party. She's the only one with healing spells too, if you need them.

Oh, and Sickle + SPD Mitamia (spelling?) is a bit ridiculous.

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback :) I am super excited for MH4 as well.. I don't have a Japanese 3DS or I would join you in your endeavors. :p

As an aside, how did you come by yours?

I'm waiting for MH4U as well. MH3U was the only game worth playing (for me) on the 3DS XL. Let's play Toukiden for now!

Abylim

Woo!

Seriously, that Mitama guide is amazing. Didnt realise I had some Mitama that could get attack lv3, so I leveled them up and gained a shit load!

Any Mitama preferences for spear users? I'm just stacking attack currently

killatopak

Gold Member
Woo!

Seriously, that Mitama guide is amazing. Didnt realise I had some Mitama that could get attack lv3, so I leveled them up and gained a shit load!

Any Mitama preferences for spear users? I'm just stacking attack currently

I'm currently stacking the faster charge speed effects.

And yeah although the guide is awesome, I haven't finished adding everything yet. There's still some missing from the abilities and strengthening sections. I'll probably finish them by tomorrow since I got a lot of school stuff to do.

JimPanzer

not everyone's ready bug :( god damn, this is my only complaint with this game

It seem to work almost everytime with pubs though, I don't get it.

Top Bottom