• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Didn't know the vita could do this. Thanks!
It's so easy!
BgnLaGnIAAAKttV.jpg:large

Just played with a guy who apparently didn't know we could revive him. He went down 2 times and pressed X to respawn while me and another guy were trying to revive him :p. Thank god he didn't die a third time. This game really needs a chat function so we can explain these kind of things.

In general, can you screw anything up or waste resources really bad?

Also, I noticed that you can do some kind of forging or upgrading on a weapon after use after doing the first mission (i forgot the exact word), does that use up anything or is there no downside to upgrading it

Just played with a guy who apparently didn't know we could revive him. He went down 2 times and pressed X to respawn while me and another guy were trying to revive him :p. Thank god he didn't die a third time. This game really needs a chat function so we can explain these kind of things.

Me and Aspirations just use party chat, but yea I agree. So many times I want to tell someone "Hey lowest rank guy, YOU pick a mission because I dunno what you need" but hey at least we can call eachother perverts.

killatopak

Gold Member
Me and Aspirations just use party chat, but yea I agree. So many times I want to tell someone "Hey lowest rank guy, YOU pick a mission because I dunno what you need" but hey at least we can call eachother perverts.

You... You pervert!

Any ideas on how to unlock the remaining gestures?

This is where we come in. :D

Unfortunately I'm too busy with school work but some gaffers may help you in my stead.

Just a heads up, Google Docs is giving me a notification that since our document has high traffic going to it, I can't view it in spreadsheet mode any more, meaning I can't edit it, so I haven't been able to add more English boost names in a couple days.

swnny

Wohoo, Zavvi have shipped my copy (on Sunday, which is kinda surprising for me) and hopefully, I will be able to join you guys by the end of the week. :)

Question is, how advanced in the story/chapters are you all? I guess, I will have to catch up a lot. :D

killatopak

Gold Member
Just a heads up, Google Docs is giving me a notification that since our document has high traffic going to it, I can't view it in spreadsheet mode any more, meaning I can't edit it, so I haven't been able to add more English boost names in a couple days.

LOL. I should have put ads there for them $$$.

Edit: You can actually edit it. Just go to spreadsheet view by clicking that button on the lower left corner

In general, can you screw anything up or waste resources really bad?

Also, I noticed that you can do some kind of forging or upgrading on a weapon after use after doing the first mission (i forgot the exact word), does that use up anything or is there no downside to upgrading it

Anyone on these? Also, is there just like a general condensed place I can read up on info for the game? tips and stuff?

killatopak

Gold Member
Anyone on these? Also, is there just like a general condensed place I can read up on info for the game? tips and stuff?

This is that place. The game just came out so info is very sparse unless you can read Japanese.

And if you are looking for info about mitamas, soul combination and effects and boss weaknesses you should look up the google doc featured in the OP.

Emalde

Why do the weapons have an attack that they don't show you in the tutorial? Apparently dual knives and chain/sickle have an aerial slam down attack that they never once mention in the tutorial.

Not only do they not mention them, both of those moves have the highest amount of damage on a single attack out of either moveset.

That's weird. I can edit it fully once I click that. Must be owner privilege.

I can restrict access for an hour or so to editors if you want to edit some things.

No worries, I'll just try late at night when traffic shouldn't be that bad. I don't want people to not have access.

This is that place. The game just came out so info is very sparse unless you can read Japanese.

And if you are looking for info about mitamas, soul combination and effects and boss weaknesses you should look up the google doc featured in the OP.

Thanks! Do you know the answer to my specific question? There's some kind of upgrade you can do for using a weapon, does this cost anything? Is there any reason not to do it?

killatopak

Gold Member
Thanks! Do you know the answer to my specific question? There's some kind of upgrade you can do for using a weapon, does this cost anything? Is there any reason not to do it?

Ah you mean equipment compatibility or fortify? The blue bar that turns red when full?

Yes they do not have any consequences or cost anything. Once you upgrade it, it becomes empty again only to be filled by finishing mission. Killing boss monsters makes it faster though.

You should always fortify your equipment whenever possible.

There is forging in the game which completely transforms you weapon by giving Tatara the required materials and some Haku. The original weapon gets lost in the process but gives you a more powerful weapon in turn.

Ah you mean equipment compatibility or fortify? The blue bar that turns red when full?

Yes they do not have any consequence or cost anything it is. Once you upgrade it, it becomes empty again only to be filled by finishing mission. Killing boss monsters makes it faster though.

You should always fortify your equipment whenever possible.

There is forging in the game which completely transforms you weapon by giving Tatara the required materials and some Haku. The original weapon gets lost in the process but gives you a more powerful weapon in turn.

Awesome thanks! Yes I was thinking of fortify

LMN

Does anybody knows where can I find "Raptor Talon"?

@ stfuppercut - same here, no matter how many time, the hornbit won't drop =(

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
Geez. Chthonian Fiend weapons are a huge leap from the previous weapons in terms of attack power. from 300s to 500s for my spear. Now if only I had a better weapon to farm Chthonian faster...

Abylim

Geez. Chthonian Fiend weapons are a huge leap from the previous weapons in terms of attack power. from 300s to 500s for my spear. Now if only I had a better weapon to farm Chthonian faster...

I'm using Aqua Spear.

Question, does enemy health increase the more players on a mission? It did in SS. I have tried testing it out, and it doesnt seem that way, but would be cool to get confirmation.

Ogawa-san

Now if only I had a better weapon to farm Chthonian faster...
Talking about faster, how long is it taking you guys to get the later bosses done?

I'm fine with fights taking 20min (and my first Chthonian Fiend took almost 30), but that could be just me being terrible.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What the fuck.

I read in Gamefaqs that you can actually see which enemies drop which loot in the game...

"Yes, go to the Records menu and then the first option shows you Oni you'e defeated, you can then click X highlighting each enemy to see the items you have obtained from them. You can do the same with the maps, they are the second option."

I don't have my Vita with me. IS THIS TRUE?

Top Bottom