• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Superflat

Oh god, just had the most frustrating battle with the Chthonian oni. Was grinding a little in single player.

There was a point where Chthonian kept regrowing its limbs before it could get purified because it would start doing it immediately after I cut them off, and none of my asshole npcs helped, so It kept regaining its limbs. Happened at least three times, which is unprecedented. I fought this oni before at least three times, and never saw this happen. Not only that but I wasted all three of my max weapon gauge attacks by some horrible stroke of luck.

Took me goddamn half an hour to beat it. My longest battle by far. I wanted it to be over so badly, lol

... at least I got the all parts bonus eventually.

crinale

Oh god, just had the most frustrating battle with the Chthonian oni. Was grinding a little in single player.

There was a point where Chthonian kept regrowing its limbs before it could get purified, and none of my asshole npcs helped, so It kept regaining its limbs. Happened at least three times. I fought this oni before at least three times, and never saw this happen. Not only that but I wasted all three of my max weapon gauge attacks by some horrible stroke of luck.

Took me goddamn half an hour to beat it. My longest battle by far. I wanted it to be over so badly, lol

He will regain limbs in his first phase instantly if he summons the homing attack (the red marking chases you or NPC) and hits you or allies with it. So if you or your allies try to purify limbs (thus standing still) it actually makes easier for him to reclaim limbs.

killatopak

Gold Member

There was a point where Chthonian kept regrowing its limbs before it could get purified because it would start doing it immediately after I cut them off, and none of my asshole npcs helped, so It kept regaining its limbs. Happened at least three times, which is unprecedented. I fought this oni before at least three times, and never saw this happen. Not only that but I wasted all three of my max weapon gauge attacks by some horrible stroke of luck.

I make it a point and purify a part immediately when fighting him.

Try to destroy the beads on his neck with your super gauge first. It seems to make the restoration of parts take more time.

Source: Intro cutscene. LOL.
He will regain limbs in his first phase instantly if he summons the homing attack (the red marking chases you or NPC) and hits you or allies with it. So if you or your allies try to purify limbs (thus standing still) it actually makes easier for him to reclaim limbs.

Ohhh. I see. I thought that attack was peculiar. Now I know why.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Holy shieeeet Bow's Cursed Shot + O special homing attacks are so quick in accumulating Weapon Gauge! Perhaps the best even amongst all the weapon attacks?

Also, now I can't live without DEF Mitamas. That regenerating armor is so gooooooood, and Barrier is so incredibly helpful when collecting broken parts from bosses.

Abylim

Hehe, I'm not quite sure. :D

I think this is what you mean but I'm not too sure. xD

Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

I love games like this, I love trying to figure stuff out. Tired of asking on questions on GameFAQs and getting nothing but attitude =\

I think I'm officially down for some multi later on. I'm up to the end of phase 4.

Crimson armor is amazing, the defense plus elemental resistance is through the roof!

Another question (lol) what does Weight do? It said somewhere it effects something in melee range, but I cant remember where I read that.

Holy shieeeet Bow's Cursed Shot + O special homing attacks are so quick in accumulating Weapon Gauge! Perhaps the best even amongst all the weapon attacks?

Also, now I can't live without DEF Mitamas. That regenerating armor is so gooooooood, and Barrier is so incredibly helpful when collecting broken parts from bosses.
After cursed shot use single shot. The chain reaction damage is a lot higher.

killatopak

Gold Member
Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

I love games like this, I love trying to figure stuff out. Tired of asking on questions on GameFAQs and getting nothing but attitude =\

I think I'm officially down for some multi later on. I'm up to the end of phase 4.

Crimson armor is amazing, the defense plus elemental resistance is through the roof!

Another question (lol) what does Weight do? It said somewhere it effects something in melee range, but I cant remember where I read that.

No worries. It's what this OT is for.

According to the digital manual, it says the higher the weight is, the stronger you will be in close-quarters shoves.

I think this means that when you get hit, you don't get staggered much or fly into the air.

Eccocid

After reading the thread i went to store and bought it with an impulse yesterday!

No regrets tho!
I am not a big fan of monhun/SS games but this one is quite fun! I had SS when i got my vita first time and tried to enjoy it a lot but could never got in to it. Besides it looks terrible lol.

Toukiden looks amazing and it is so smooth and easy to read and see enemies and their attacks.

I am still at chapter 2 so far enjoying it a lot. I checked online few times but could only found 4-5 lobbies all password protected.

Fell free to add me, my pan id is GimmeCat (gmt+2) i also play olliolli and spelunker also TxK!

Shengar

After cursed shot use single shot. The chain reaction damage is a lot higher.
It is better at breaking specific part, but homing arrows is better for spreading damage to all parts in case your cursed arrow managed to hit more than two parts.

One thing that irks me using single shot is that my shot isn't registered properly as last part that I attacked. I want to implode onis horns but somehow the target shown their butt instead.
What are Eye of Truth Masks for? I seem to be getting a lot from online play.

I supposed it is important material for Oni weapon line, as Oni Stinger Mark 2 requires two of them to be made.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I supposed it is important material for Oni weapon line, as Oni Stinger Mark 2 requires two of them to be made.

I guess I'll hold onto them now. I have almost 30 of them, so hopefully that's enough for some good gear down the road.

Shengar

It will be a material needed for a weapon later in the game.

Edit: It's like this game knows I want Golden fur and choose

The Desire Law dictate that you will never get the most material you wanted in any game.
I need three tries to get a frikkin white ear.

Vinneh

Banned
What the fuck.

I read in Gamefaqs that you can actually see which enemies drop which loot in the game...

"Yes, go to the Records menu and then the first option shows you Oni you'e defeated, you can then click X highlighting each enemy to see the items you have obtained from them. You can do the same with the maps, they are the second option."

I don't have my Vita with me. IS THIS TRUE?
Yes it's true

Ogawa-san

I thought the solo king mission was bullshit, but this takes the cake.

aM6Sdar.jpg

Four bosses, 60min. And for good measure each party member is locked to a different room at start, so you'll get to solo a Pyrogrinder and duo a Bloodhunter.

I managed to get the money to get the game <3

How do I get the bonus from playing the demo with 3 people online? Should I just transfer the save file by pressing that button on the top of the liveArea and play the game? I haven't had the chance to boot up the game yet.
(US PSN version here)

killatopak

Gold Member

aM6Sdar.jpg

Four bosses, 60min. And for good measure each party member is locked to a different room at start, so you'll get to solo a Pyrogrinder and duo a Bloodhunter.

GG. I haven't even finished the solo king mission.

Shengar

Can you cancel the super move while you're aiming with it?
Nope, unless the demon knock you down first which cancel your aiming automatically.

aM6Sdar.jpg

Holy shit how the hell we even supposed to finish it? o_O

RalchAC

My Toukiden copy arrived this morning! Hope there are some other slowpokes like me for some co-op missions. I'm sure some people has already spent
another
30 hours in the game.

^ Spoiler for people like Killa who became obsessed with the demo ;)

killatopak

Gold Member
My Toukiden copy arrived this morning! Hope there are some other slowpokes like me for some co-op missions. I'm sure some people has already spent
another
30 hours in the game.

^ Spoiler for people like Killa who became obsessed with the demo ;)

Just the demo lol.

There are tons of people that are much much further ahead of me in terms of character progression.

Doesn't help that I have a lot to do this week so I can't play much.

JimPanzer

30 hours into the game doesn't get you very far anyway, I'm now 28 hours in (of which 4 were spent in the demo) and just hit the last chapter of the story. been switching between multiplayer and singleplayer though.

RalchAC

Just the demo lol.

There are tons of people that are much much further ahead of me in terms of character progression.

Doesn't help that I have a lot to do this week so I can't play much.

That's why I put the spoiler tag XD

30 hours into the game doesn't get you very far anyway, I'm now 28 hours in (of which 4 were spent in the demo) and just hit the last chapter of the story. been switching between multiplayer and singleplayer though.

How many chapters has the story?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't understand Bladewing. Shattered its wings a few times but there's no part to claim? And then it just regrows over and over again... whaaaaaa?

Shengar

Fought Cthonian Fiend for the first time. All I could say is that the demon really deserve its place being the flagship boss.

I don't understand Bladewing. Shattered its wings a few times but there's no part to claim? And then it just regrows over and over again... whaaaaaa?

Yeah, and it could be very sucks if it regrow it feather just when it have sliver of health left, rendering all part bonus impossible.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Fought Cthonian Fiend for the first time. All I could say is that the demon really deserve its place being the flagship boss.

Yeah, and it could be very sucks if it regrow it feather just when it have sliver of health left, rendering all part bonus impossible.

So you have to destroy both upper and lower parts of the wing to at the same time to claim its part.......? That's.... going to be hard when playing with AIs, isn't it???

killatopak

Gold Member
So you have to destroy both upper and lower parts of the wing to at the same time to claim its part.......? That's.... going to be hard when playing with AIs, isn't it???

IIRC the wings are a minor part bonus in missions just like hornbits in some bosses.

Use the spirit mitama when dealing with bladewing. Triangle skill = GG wings.

JimPanzer

Oh? I don't see any other parts but legs, horn, and wings... What else is there?

that's all. to get the all parts bonus you have to kill bladewing when he has no wings left, so you probably have to destroy them once, wait for them to regrow, destroy them again and kill bladewing afterwards. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

Shengar

The real question is, how many times Bladewing can regenerate its wing? Mine was regenerate it two times to my surprised since I expected it to be one time only.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
that's all. to get the all parts bonus you have to kill bladewing when he has no wings left, so you probably have to destroy them once, wait for them to regrow, destroy them again and kill bladewing afterwards. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

^
This is correct.

The real question is, how many times Bladewing can regenerate its wing? Mine was regenerate it two times to my surprised since I expected it to be one time only.

I am under the impression that it can regenerate its wings infinite amount of times, but apparently not.

But still, from the looks of it it's going to be a pain in the arse to achieve 100% all parts when playing with AIs, sigggghhhhhhhhh.

Shengar

I am under the impression that it can regenerate its wings infinite amount of times, but apparently not.

But still, from the looks of it it's going to be a pain in the arse to achieve 100% all parts when playing with AIs, sigggghhhhhhhhh.

Actually, AI is pretty decent and will try their best to not too waste their special attack on broken part. More often than not they break part that is hard too reach or aim like horns. But to make things safe, I usually break horn first, then upper body part as your melee ally will attack lower body part with no discrimination.

killatopak

Gold Member
The reskinned version of that floating fire skull? That thing supposed to be only seen by mind eye and I never spotted one beside the tutorial level.

Bummer.

I hope it appears on chapters 6-9 though. I'm still completing everything on chapters 1-4 quests and all.

Top Bottom