• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

ramyeon

What the fuck.

I read in Gamefaqs that you can actually see which enemies drop which loot in the game...

"Yes, go to the Records menu and then the first option shows you Oni you'e defeated, you can then click X highlighting each enemy to see the items you have obtained from them. You can do the same with the maps, they are the second option."

I don't have my Vita with me. IS THIS TRUE?
Yep, I think this is pretty well known in this thread :p

What the fuck.

I read in Gamefaqs that you can actually see which enemies drop which loot in the game...

"Yes, go to the Records menu and then the first option shows you Oni you'e defeated, you can then click X highlighting each enemy to see the items you have obtained from them. You can do the same with the maps, they are the second option."

I don't have my Vita with me. IS THIS TRUE?

Yes, but only if you've gotten the drop from it before. Otherwise there are question marks.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yep, I think this is pretty well known in this thread :p

Yes, but only if you've gotten the drop from it before. Otherwise there are question marks.

Oh bloody hell bollocks. I feel so stupid *smacks head*

Also, seeing Killatopak's document, the Taira no Masakado's mitama source is still empty... I just got it like two days ago but for the life of me I totally forgot where.... now I feel kind of bad not to add to the document while I still remember.

Any place to check this in-game if you already have the Mitama?

Also a question: do skills with the same name stack with another? I understand Protection+1 and Protection+2 stack, but will Protection+2 and Protection+2 or Expert Destroyer + Expert Destroyer stack?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally got my single player caught up to my multiplayer on chapter 5. It kind of sucks to have to do all the quests twice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Finally got my single player caught up to my multiplayer on chapter 5. It kind of sucks to have to do all the quests twice.

I play Single Player first... kind of dulls the impact of the CG introduction of new bosses if you have seen/beat them already on MP phases, don't you think? Hahaha.

It's annoying to play the quests twice but nowadays I only do the red ones in phases once they appear. And it's a good way to collect materials, I guess....

Still at chapter 4, phases 4 early.... I hope by the time I get back from work in around 7 and half hours later someone would be up for some MP....

Superflat

Aw shit, my Patronage just got upgraded to Gold, son!

Got it when I passed the 30,000 mark.

I'm way behind on my single player so I'm playing some catch-up and gettin some story done atm.

Does anyone know how many times both shrines get upgraded until they're fully done? I got a mitama from the tree after it upgraded three or four times, and the shrine in the main building was upgraded two or three times so far.

ramyeon

Money seems to be a constant issue for me. Don't have enough to make any new equipment since it became much more expensive and the rewards for quests at the moment are really lacking. It gets easier to get money eventually right?

Abylim

Money seems to be a constant issue for me. Don't have enough to make any new equipment since it became much more expensive and the rewards for quests at the moment are really lacking. It gets easier to get money eventually right?

It's funny, I have never had money issues. Are you making multiple weapons? I make Spears mostly, with a bow now and then.

I have also made every armor I can, when I can.

I do sell ancient coins when I get them, other than that I only grind if I need a material.

ramyeon

It's funny, I have never had money issues. Are you making multiple weapons? I make Spears mostly, with a bow now and then.

I do sell ancient coins when I get them, other then that I only grind if I need a material.
Been making every armour set and every sword but nope not multiple weapons. Also donating to both shrines between every mission. I've never had to fight an Oni more than a couple of times for each armour set though so there's that.

Never had over 30,000 haku at any given time I think lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I do sell ancient coins when I get them, other then that I only grind if I need a material.

Well... that Guardian Tree sidequests, leveling up Mitamas, crafting... they stack pretty badly to deplete my Haku supply. I never got past 25.000, I think my max was about 22.000 or so, hahaha.

Ancient coins are never used for stuff? Their sole purpose is just to be sold?

ramyeon

Well... that Guardian Tree sidequests, leveling up Mitamas, crafting... they stack pretty badly to deplete my Haku supply. I never got past 25.000, I think my max was about 22.000 or so, hahaha.

Ancient coins are never used for stuff? Their sole purpose is just to be sold?
Yeah forgot about levelling up Mitama quicker, that's been a constant drain on my supply of haku too.

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
Talking about faster, how long is it taking you guys to get the later bosses done?

I'm fine with fights taking 20min (and my first Chthonian Fiend took almost 30), but that could be just me being terrible.

Around 20~30 minutes for the Chthonian. Using its spear on a Manhunter took like about less than 10 minutes with a party; parts just kept breaking one after the other.

I do sell ancient coins when I get them, other than that I only grind if I need a material.

Should I sell otherworldly shards? Are they important for anything?

Superflat

Been making every armour set and every sword but nope not multiple weapons. Also donating to both shrines between every mission. I've never had to fight an Oni more than a couple of times for each armour set though so there's that.

Never had over 30,000 haku at any given time I think lol.

I make myself follow a rule of never keeping more than 20 of any item, because I figure I'll rarely ever need more than that at any one time. So after a few quests I always go to the shop and sell anything that exceeds 20. gives me a good chunk of change, and it adds up after a while. Ancient coins I always sell off completely.

At one point I amassed well over over a 100k haku, but I wasn't buying all the sets, just the ones that I figured were worth getting at the time. I do plan on getting them all eventually just to have them, but probably later.

What's really eating at my haku right now is the shrine that lets you donate up to 9,999 haku, lol. I did that for a while before every battle but it's clearly not sustainable, so I donate a max of 4999 now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah forgot about levelling up Mitama quicker, that's been a constant drain on my supply of haku too.

Yup. Leveling them through quests and such are not just that efficient, especially on higher levels (and with so many of them!)

I make myself follow a rule of never keeping more than 20 of any item, because I figure I'll rarely ever need more than that at any one time. So after a few quests I always go to the shop and sell anything that exceeds 20. gives me a good chunk of change, and it adds up after a while.

At one point I amassed well over over a 100k haku, but I wasn't buying all the sets, just the ones that I figured were worth getting at the time. I do plan on getting them all eventually just to have them, but probably later.

What's really eating at my haku right now is the shrine that lets you donate up to 9,999 haku, lol. I did that for a while before every battle but it's clearly not sustainable, so I donate a max of 4999 now.

1st bolded: huh......... that's a good policy....

2nd bolded: what the fuck, you mean that shrine next to the missions' entry point? I never donated more than 300 there, ahahahahaha.

What kind of bonuses do you get from 4999 donation? o_O It is unthinkable to donate that kind of money for me right now...

Superflat

2nd bolded: what the fuck, you mean that shrine next to the missions' entry point? I never donated more than 300 there, ahahahahaha.

What kind of bonuses do you get from 4999 donation? o_O It is unthinkable to donate that kind of money for me right now...

Yep, that one. I just realized it now, but since that shrine upgraded again recently in my game, I'm able to donate up to 99,999 haku on it now. LOL, fuck that!

I haven't really experimented with different donation amounts, but when I used to donate 9,999 haku it would give me high level boosts, and sometimes two of them.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yep, that one. I just realized it now, but since that shrine upgraded again recently in my game, I'm able to donate up to 99,999 haku on it now. LOL, fuck that!

I haven't really experimented with different donation amounts, but when I used to donate 9,999 haku it would give me high level boosts, and sometimes two of them.

What the... I never realized it can upgraded.

The gods in this game are so materialistic, geezz, hahaha. Although *once* I got a "Attack and Defense raised greatly" bonus for just a 300 donation, so they can be nice every once in a while, hahaha.

Superflat

What the... I never realized it can upgraded.

The gods in this game are so materialistic, geezz, hahaha.

Yea, the guardian tree and the shrine automatically grow/get nicer after a certain amount of haku is donated it seems. I'm really just gunning for the inevitable trophies that await when they upgrade to max. I feel like I'm getting close! But I'm quickly becoming really poor, lol.

Ogawa-san

Leveling the tree is worth it. At max level it's giving me 4~5 items at once, some pretty rare part drops too.

The price keeps going up though, even after hitting max level. It's 2500 for me right now.

Shengar

Either I'm too frugal or you just spent too much, but my haku currently sit at 100 thousand right.now. Yes, I only craft 3 armor sets Stygian, Veteran, and Battle and only craft 5-6 weapons total (including upgrade).

ramyeon

Either I'm too frugal or you just spent too much, but my haku currently sit at 100 thousand right.now. Yes, I only craft 3 armor sets Stygian, Veteran, and Battle and only craft 5-6 weapons total (including upgrade).
Like I said I've made every single armour set so far and every weapon :p

ramyeon

ditto, while paying that shrine next to your room, money just keeps going away from me.
Yeah, naturally if I had only bought a handful of weapons and sets I'd also be well over 100,000 haku but I'd prefer to buy them as I go, especially since it's so quick and easy to get mats compared to MH.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I am now currently at Chapter 4 and Phase 4-3 and has crafted all the bows the game allows me to, save one (that cost 7.000 to craft and 10.000 to buy), never missed giving donation to the guardian tree after every mission MP and SP (1.200 a pop right now), and constantly giving 300 (LOL) donation to the bonus shrine before every mission. I never specifically pursue sets for Armor though, only whatever the best I can craft at that moment.

*Sometimes* I leveled up Mitamas but not many. I have never spent more than 2.500 to level up a Mitama, however. I only bought Pool Pass from the store and nothing else.

And yet, I never have more than 25.000 haku at any given point, hahaha.

I only play missions as required to proceed though, or when I want to finish quest (kill Jolux 2 times bla bla bla), so maybe it's because of this.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm using Aqua Spear.

Question, does enemy health increase the more players on a mission? It did in SS. I have tried testing it out, and it doesnt seem that way, but would be cool to get confirmation.

Yes it increases but only if its a human player otherwise it will not increase. One more thing. When a player leaves the room while a boss fight is ongoing, its upgraded life/damage will still remain so finish the fight first before leaving.

Oh bloody hell bollocks. I feel so stupid *smacks head*

Also, seeing Killatopak's document, the Taira no Masakado's mitama source is still empty... I just got it like two days ago but for the life of me I totally forgot where.... now I feel kind of bad not to add to the document while I still remember.

Any place to check this in-game if you already have the Mitama?

Also a question: do skills with the same name stack with another? I understand Protection+1 and Protection+2 stack, but will Protection+2 and Protection+2 or Expert Destroyer + Expert Destroyer stack?

No worries. :D

Yeah they stack.

CrovaxPSO

After having a part or two in red several times but killing the boss before I could break them, I switched to bow and tried it out. Wow. No parts are safe.

Scher

quick question

ive tried attempting the true slayer quest (kill 200 imps), but nothings happening. what gives?

Have you actually accepted the quest? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause an issue. Kill quests all need to be accepted before kills count towards the progress, so check to make sure there's a red check mark by the quest?

ramyeon

Anyone remember what the best mission for pale imps is? Skipped one piece of the Regulation set way back cause I sold all my Luminous Shards in the demo :/

Have you actually accepted the quest? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause an issue. Kill quests all need to be accepted before kills count towards the progress, so check to make sure there's a red check mark by the quest?

oh ok maybe i forgot to do that..

my fuck up

Abylim

Most of the ones with the two stars next to them, like Ancient Coin havent been needed for creation. Soil was used in a quest, but other than that I havent seen it yet.

Thanks Killa for the info, it didnt feel like they were getting more health when it was just my npc's and I.

EDIT: Another question, when I get my gear to +9, it still has ??? under it. Is there a time when I can do something more with it?

Shengar

I asked yesterday but never got an answer. Is there a list of items that should be sold (not needed for creation)?
I never sold anything because I'm the type of guy who think that those useless material will have their use later on. But I guess you can safely sold all grunt common drop, soil, and ancient coin.

killatopak

Gold Member
Anyone remember what the best mission for pale imps is? Skipped one piece of the Regulation set way back cause I sold all my Luminous Shards in the demo :/

Missions 1-4 and 2-1 seems to provide them most.
Most of the ones with the two stars next to them, like Ancient Coin havent been needed for creation. Soil was used in a quest, but other than that I havent seen it yet.

Thanks Killa for the info, it didnt feel like they were getting more health when it was just my npc's and I.

EDIT: Another question, when I get my gear to +9, it still has ??? under it. Is there a time when I can do something more with it?

Yes it means that your gear can be forged into another weapon/armor. The original item will get lost but will be replaced by a stronger one provided you have given Tatara the appropriate haku and materials.

Abylim

Missions 1-4 and 2-1 seems to provide them most.

Yes it means that your gear can be forged into another weapon/armor. The original item will get lost but will be replaced by a stronger one provided you have given Tatara the appropriate haku and materials.

Ok so I just have to get the proper materials?
Is it only when they reach +9?

killatopak

Gold Member
Ok so I just have to get the proper materials?
Is it only when they reach +9?

Nope. You can forge the weapons into new ones regardless of the amount of fortification you have done.

There are some cases where a +9 is needed but those are exclusively acquired from Shikimi.

Wow. This is awesome stuff. Nice to see such mobility from a weapon class that I thought would be slow.

How do I even do the super move for the kusarigama? Tutorial doesn't seem to have it.
Full weapon gauge and Triangle + Circle. It's in the general tutorial afaik. Or look it up under controls in the manual.

Abylim

Nope. You can forge the weapons into new ones regardless of the amount of fortification you have done.

There are some cases where a +9 is needed but those are exclusively acquired from Shikimi.

Sorry, I mean armor aswell. Most of my armor just says Fortify, but my Veterans Armor said Fortify and beneath it was ??? its +9 now, and theres still ??? there/

killatopak

Gold Member
Sorry, I mean armor aswell. Most of my armor just says Fortify, but my Veterans Armor said Fortify and beneath it was ??? its +9 now, and theres still ??? there/

Yes this applies to armors as well. There is a ??? because you haven't acquired one of the necessary materials required to forge the armor. I'm assuming it would be acquired chapter 6 onward. There seems to be EX versions of the maps so even shiny spots contain different items.

Abylim

Yes this applies to armors as well. There is a ??? because you haven't acquired one of the necessary materials required to forge the armor. I'm assuming it would be acquired chapter 6 onward. There seems to be EX versions of the maps so even shiny spots contain different items.

Thanks!
It just had me confused, it didnt appear on any of my other armor, until +9. But was there early on with my Veterans.

What exactly is Precision? Crit related im sure, but would like to know for sure

killatopak

Gold Member
Thanks!
It just had me confused, it didnt appear on any of my other armor, until +9. But was there early on with my Veterans.

What exactly is Precision? Crit related im sure, but would like to know for sure

Crit chance. The higher precision you have the more chance an attack will procure a critical hit.

crinale

1 Precision = 1 crit chance?

Also is there a list somewhere about the combination boosts for Mitama? Or is it just 3 of a kind give a certain boost?

The crit chance is strictly relative IMO. If you hit monsters in 2 different difficulties with the same weapon you'll notice the crit chance is significantly different.

Top Bottom