• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

For a game with a heavy focus on mp this is not acceptable imo.

Exactly, I mean yeah I plan on going through sp as well here and there. But dat multiplayer is always gonna be my main focus. Just kinda dumb to limit that to single player as it's kinda important. People that focus only on mp will be kinda gimped to lvl 3 mitamas with minimal buffs.

Exactly, I mean yeah I plan on going through sp as well here and there. But dat multiplayer is always gonna be my main focus. Just kinda dumb to limit that to single player as it's kinda important. People that focus only on mp will be kinda gimped to lvl 3 mitamas with minimal buffs.
You can't forge new weapons and armor online, limited mitama without sp. Sigh.
A lot to fix, core stuff works otherwise imo.

Fistwell

qEPB0HM.jpg
Nice set, where did you find the scorched horns (am still missing one)?

Puru

Do you guys using gauntlets or sword have issue destroying all parts?
Would be interested to use the gauntlets mainly to change a bit from the knives but can't help thinking how hard it must be with one of those two weapons.

JimPanzer

Would be interested to use the gauntlets mainly to change a bit from the knives but can't help thinking how hard it must be with one of those two weapons.

yeah, using a longsword and having problems with destroying the upper parts :/

No issues here with gauntlets. The gauntlets' special attack has infinite vertical range and will skip all previously broken parts (and goes through the oni if necessary). I break all out of reach parts with it.

Sword will definitely have issues breaking higher parts though.

Ogawa-san

I main longsword but if I want to break all parts I just go to a bow.

Gouge has a huge range but it's still unreliable. I either can't reach the parts I want, or I end up hitting other parts at the same time and the boss dies before I'm done. Or, of course, I stand in front of the boss trying to hit horns and whatnot and get trampled like an idiot.

Superflat

I main knives because they're fast and I have can break upper parts by climbing on oni. It's pretty fun and satisfying, but it can be super frustrating too. They do less damage comparatively so I'm able to get all their parts before they die most of the time. Not useful if I just want to kill oni quickly obviously.

I should try out the bow more. I also started playing the demo with a sickle but haven't gone back to it since I found the knives. And the spear I used like once lol.

Shengar

yeah, using a longsword and having problems with destroying the upper parts :/

Your guys best bet is to destroy an oni foot first so they stumble and down for seconds, then proceed to decitimate their upper body half. Well, you'll lose the stunned effect of destroyed horn, but that's the only way I can think of.
Is that a weapon from a shrine? I've never seen that screen before.

Is that shrine post-game (chapter 6-10) stuff? Never seen it before.

ramyeon

Seeing all this post-story unlocked stuff has motivated me to complete the single player, I'd only been focusing on MP before now haha. Gonna try and speed through the story mode today.

RalchAC

Finished Chapter 2 and had a couple of MP games with some non-gaffers. Game is really good and the Google Docs killa created with Oni weaknesses is pure bliss <3

I main knives because they're fast and I have can break upper parts by climbing on oni. It's pretty fun and satisfying, but it can be super frustrating too. They do less damage comparatively so I'm able to get all their parts before they die most of the time. Not useful if I just want to kill oni quickly obviously.

I should try out the bow more. I also started playing the demo with a sickle but haven't gone back to it since I found the knives. And the spear I used like once lol.

I main knives too. Using Speed as my main mitama is quite good. Using O to hit 2+ cursed parts is nice and the various stamina boosters those mitamas have lets me stay more time in mid air. I probably make a little less damage but it's fun.

Seeing all this post-story unlocked stuff has motivated me to completely the single player, I'd only been focusing on MP before now haha. Gonna try and speed through the story mode today.

Is there much post-story content? I see people saying stuff about chapters 6-10 and all that. Or are those some MP phases?

Abylim

Having a hard time breaking the last horn on hells warden. I'm thinking my fatal flaw is bringing 3 npc's with me. Using spear.

Is it worth it to bring atleast one to help though?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
A question. Is this like MH in that you can go to the multiplayer hub or mission list, and try to take them on by yourself? Or is a large portion of the content locked behind multiplayer-only parties?

ramyeon

A question. Is this like MH in that you can go to the multiplayer hub or mission list, and try to take them on by yourself? Or is a large portion of the content locked behind multiplayer-only parties?
You can do all the MP stuff offline with NPCs or AI controlled versions of people you've played with in the past.

Superflat

Dang, just finished the single player campaign. Enjoyed it!

Having spent over 40-50 hours in the game, I wish it had even more bosses. Pretty darn impressive for a first entry. Onto chapter 6 and beyond :O

Also, does anyone know where to farm Soulreapers? They're the harder version of the hydralisk looking things.

Shengar

Having a hard time breaking the last horn on hells warden. I'm thinking my fatal flaw is bringing 3 npc's with me. Using spear.

Is it worth it to bring atleast one to help though?
If you use spear, you can bring only Nagi to battle. But I ersonally recommend to bring at least on other that is either Hatsuho or Ooka just to aggro the bosses while you purifying their broken parts. Out of any NPCs companion, I guess that two of them deal the least damage after Nagi.
Also, does anyone know where to farm Soulreapers? They're the harder version of the hydralisk looking things.

Age of War have many of that hydralisk grunt. Just kill them, exit the area and reenter, your Soulreapers should be there. Out of some rare enemy, Soulreapers perhaps the easiest to find.

krossj

That first couple of minutes against the Bladewing as a sword user was not fun.. easier towards the end of the battle as it is grounded but I had to be revived so many times.

ramyeon

Anyone have some good Mitama combinations? Specifically for a sword user? Haven't really played around a lot with them yet.

Any suggestions on spears to build and upgrade?

Any way in general to know what weapons are ultimately going to be worth it, or is it just start building away and hope?

MP players might not be too please that you have to finish the sp story to unlock fusion endgame weapon crafting...

as much as I'm enjoying this game, there's some pretty horrible design choices in it.

I mean, they make us play with AI anyway, why hold back mp players just for the fuck of it?

Shengar

Anyone have some good Mitama combinations? Specifically for a sword user? Haven't really played around a lot with them yet.
It depend on your playstyle. Mine have Abe no Seimei as main Mitama with passive skills to improve cooldown and cast numbers on SPT skills, while the secondary is Taira no Masakado to focused to improved the damage of said skills. Looking up at the sheet to look which specific Mitama suit your playstyle and mix-match with other mitamas that have the passive to improve your main perhaps your best bet. I haven't play long enough to know the name of each mitama have which skills :p
Any suggestions on spears to build and upgrade?

Any way in general to know what weapons are ultimately going to be worth it, or is it just start building away and hope?
I'm SPD spear user that aim to spam hold square attack as many as possible, but recent fight against Viper Queen make rethink to have Def or Attack mitama instead since I'm suck at evading enemy attack especially those who have wide area attack. I haven't experimented with many mitama yet for spear so I can't suggest that much.

As for weapon, if you don't want your attack gimped by an oni elemental resistance, maybe you should build Oni weapon line as they don't have elemental affinity. Also they have big precision rate. But in the end it's up to you.

Superflat

Age of War have many of that hydralisk grunt. Just kill them, exit the area and reenter, your Soulreapers should be there. Out of some rare enemy, Soulreapers perhaps the easiest to find.

Ah thanks, Got the materials I needed!

And holy cow at the post-game. So many new materials.

Superflat

as much as I'm enjoying this game, there's some pretty horrible design choices in it.

I mean, they make us play with AI anyway, why hold back mp players just for the fuck of it?

As much as I liked the story, I feel like the single player elements it makes it so that they can't reconcile the two if you go far into one or the other. It's almost not worth the compromise though, imo.

edit: bah, double post.

I just started this 2 days ago. Went with the kusarigama....Wasn't feeling it at first...until I saw a video that a GAFfer linked me. After that, I was hooked! (pun intended)

Just reached chapter 3 after farming Manhunter, Windshredder and Jollux for their parts to make each elements of the kusarigama.

Flying all around the boss is so damned fun! The speed mitama is essential to the kusarigama user.....I could stay in air almost indefinitely with the mitama buffs!

For you kusarigama users, when you're flying around in the air with the boss, do you use auto lock on or manual lock on? Is there a way to change the auto lock on to different body parts of the boss?

For you kusarigama users, when you're flying around in the air with the boss, do you use auto lock on or manual lock on? Is there a way to change the auto lock on to different body parts of the boss?

I usually don't lock on, if I wanna change direction I just hold down square and dpad aim MH bow style.

agreed on speed mitama, it seems like the only choice for kusarigama.

also I put up a lobby for some phase 5

Abylim

Just beat the SP campaign, end boss
is underwhelming. About as entertaining as Harrowhalf honestly.

Hardest fight is either Bladewing or Nightblade, to me, at least.

I'm going to fight the end boss a few more times to forge everything I can, then going all in on MP. Convinced my bestie to pick this up, so happy. We played Ragnarok Odyssey to death together, and this is waaay better.

Superflat

Holy shit what just happened on our quest LOL

Never had a full on failed quest before haha

edit: gonna eat dinner, but I'll be back!

killatopak

Gold Member
Do you guys know the difference between all the types of prayer in the offering box?

So far I got reverentially, adequately and nonchalantly. Besides those there are two sub-types which is victory and luck.

Any ideas?

Abylim

Bah, have everything I need from Cimmerian, apparently I need thunderice breath, thats off Hells Warden, right? I have killed this sucker 4 times now and no dice =\

I needs that Monarch Armor though!

Also, anyone have a list of what weapons and mitama we need for the special "Forge" weapons?

they really need to rework the skills system in a sequel. I want class specific skills like MH to further emphasize customization on armor sets. I don't really give a shit to complete an armor set to get a pitiful defense boost or attack boost.

as a kusarigama main, something like fastcharge would be a godsend

killatopak

Gold Member
they really need to rework the skills system in a sequel. I want class specific skills like MH to further emphasize customization on armor sets. I don't really give a shit to complete an armor set to get a pitiful defense boost or attack boost.

as a kusarigama main, something like fastcharge would be a godsend

Mitamas bro. There is a fast charge effect on mitamas. Find the "prescience" skill.

Edit: I'm not sure if its exclusive to spears or applicable to all charge attacks though.

LMN

Mitamas bro. There is a fast charge effect on mitamas. Find the "prescience" skill.

Edit: I'm not sure if its exclusive to spears or applicable to all charge attacks though.

I believe its applicable to all weapons, and I also heard that this skill stack.

Top Bottom