• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

wilflare

add me!
wilfareus!

VitaGAF, what happens when you click the Downloadable Content link in the main menu?
i get some chinese characters

killatopak

Gold Member
Are weapons & armor only craft-able threw the Blacksmith or there are some that drop from Bosses/mobs?

There are unpure objects that are essentially equipment that you pick up from the maps. You do have to swim on the pool of purification in order to use the equipment.

killatopak

Gold Member
Where's Laughing Banana?!

Played the Demo reminded me off DW/MH which I love but i scared by the $40

I've already spent 40 hours on the demo + 40 hours on the full game and I'm not even halfway complete. Totally worth the $40.

all of the at the moment :D

nope, not working :( I don't get it. haven't gotten the error once in public games.

Are you guys NAT-2 and have set up your Vita as DMZ?

This sucks.

Played the Demo reminded me off DW/MH which I love but i scared by the $40

It's no where near a musou game. Imagine a cross between DW Strikeforce and MH. Toukiden is slow than Strikeforce, faster than MH.

Important thing to note about the demo is whether you enjoyed fighting Manhunter...cause that's what the game is mostly about...boss hunting!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One person got knocked out upon entry, then two that managed to get in with me are knocked out too during battle, left me alone soloing Bladewing, no way, hahaha.

I don't get it though, "You are not far enough to receive this mission", my Phases should be enough....

killatopak

Gold Member
nope didn't change anything on my router since I got my vita. is there a tutorial online somewhere?

There's plenty. There are general tutorials but there are some that are specific to the router you are using.

You have to know the IP address of your Vita.

Go to settings>network>network status

Your Vita's IP address should be there.

It only takes like 5 minutes at most to set up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Where's Laughing Banana?!

I've already spent 40 hours on the demo + 40 hours on the full game and I'm not even halfway complete. Totally worth the $40.

Are you guys NAT-2 and have set up your Vita as DMZ?

This sucks.

Gotta make sure you are NAT 2 if you want enjoyable online experiences on game systems. It's probably the best thing I've done for my online gaming.

And as always, stay away from router/modem combo units.

RalchAC

There's plenty. There are general tutorials but there are some that are specific to the router you are using.

You have to know the IP address of your Vita.

Go to settings>network>network status

Your Vita's IP address should be there.

It only takes like 5 minutes at most to set up.

I think I have a problem related to this. I had a party chat with other 3 people and I was unable to listen one of thsoe guys. There was some Nat-3 problem. We can't stay at the same room either, for some reason.

It's weird because our other partners don't have any problem playing with us separately. But when both are together Toukiden online starts having errors.

Shiina

Thanks guys! Yes, I didn't mean true solo, as I bring the AI party members around with me.

Damn, the problem with this game is that there are TOO many weapons I want to use. My original decision was the spear and I'm pretty happy using it at the moment, but Bows look awesome as well as the chain and sickle and I'm always tempted by using Katanas/longswords in games. It is really tough to just decide on one (or two)...

Also, pertainiing to the spear, are there any attacks I'm missing? I know there's:

Square poke string
Triangle wide string
Circle jump attack (can be charged)
Charge Square stab

anything else? And I'm assuming you don't "learn" any new weapon attacks and have the full moveset from the start right (the difference being gaining new attacks from mitamas)?

Talk to Yamamoto in the headquarters and do all the weapon tutorials. All of the weapons have more moves than you think they do.

Yaoibot

I've only ever competed one MP match without everyone disconnecting. And its not me, because I see them wink out 1 by 1. They have a terrible matchmaking system. Never had an issue with SS or RO.

Dinda

Damn, why can't i play this on my Vita TV? Does it work for anyone who happens to have one?

I can play the Japanese Demo just fine and it looks fantastic on the big screen, but my EU Retail copy doesn't work.

arimanius

Most important thing is to lock onto body parts. You can lock on when you are aiming with Square charge.
Spear is pretty amazing, has its limitations, but powerful, precise and versatile.

Oh and they look badass :p

Can you cycle through which body part you lock on too or do you have to unlock relock to try a different location?

I've done all the weapons tutorials in the demo, and now, with the full game and transferred save, I didn't get the medal for completing them. I even played one of the tutorials to check if it would unlock, but no dice.

Help?

JimPanzer

Damn, why can't i play this on my Vita TV? Does it work for anyone who happens to have one?

I can play the Japanese Demo just fine and it looks fantastic on the big screen, but my EU Retail copy doesn't work.

as far as I know the Vita TV is region locked

I've done all the weapons tutorials in the demo, and now, with the full game and transferred save, I didn't get the medal for completing them. I even played one of the tutorials to check if it would unlock, but no dice.

Help?

I think there are some more tutorials later in

killatopak

Gold Member

Help?

There's one more tutorial that will unlock the next few chapters. Basically it's a tutorial for the eye of truth.

I bet this game is fucking incredible on VitaTV. That's too bad.

Fingers crossed for Toukiden Extreme (is that what it's being called?) on PS4.

....I would need a change of pants if the sequel is on PS4. I somehow doubt it will be though since Sony would want at least one franchise that will sell well to be Vita exclusive.

Dinda

as far as I know the Vita TV is region locked

Yes, and no. It isn't Hardware Region locked, but you can't set up your EU/US account on the system because the store etc is not up in that region.

But that's not the problem, I use my Japanese account on the system, and the physical games shouldn't be region locked. So i should be able to play this on my Japanese account, but for whatever reason i can't.

It looks fantastic on the big screen, miles better than stuff like God Eater 2 etc.

Yeah, that's what i hope too, I would love a Toukiden PS4 Version.

....I would need a change of pants if the sequel is on PS4. I somehow doubt it will be though since Sony would want at least one franchise that will sell well to be Vita exclusive.

But the game is on PSP in Japan and likely sold next to nothing in NA/EU due to being on Vita. Why not make it PS4/PSV instead of PSP/PSV to give it some kind of chance to sell outside of Japan?

Also pretty sure Sony has no say since it's not their game, and the new Dynasty Warriors being on PS3/PSV/PS4 gives me hope. Come on Tecmo, give the series a chance to sell on consoles. This type of game is so much better on a big screen.

killatopak

Gold Member
But the game is on PSP in Japan and likely sold next to nothing in NA/EU due to being on Vita. Why not make it PS4/PSV instead of PSP/PSV to give it some kind of chance to sell outside of Japan?

Also pretty sure Sony has no say since it's not their game, and the new Dynasty Warriors being on PS3/PSV/PS4 gives me hope. Come on Tecmo, give the series a chance to sell on consoles. This type of game is so much better on a big screen.

I get goosebumps when I think about how good this would look on the PS4.

RalchAC

Well, in Japan it probably makes more sense on a handheld due to the ad-hoc popularity. And the game structure fits short bursts quite well, which is ideal for a handheld. Still, in the West it'd make sense seeing it on a homeconsole.

Dynasty Warriors isn't tied to a single platform. I think it won't be weird if the sequel is in some PS homeconsole. If there is cross-play between Vita and PS3/4 versions, it'll be really good for the online population.

I get goosebumps when I think about how good this would look on the PS4.

I get goosebumps and tear up a bit at the prospect of a hunting game on my big screen with HD graphics. The last thing I had was MH3 on the regular Wii and while I spent 500 hours in it, I'm not deluded enough to say it looked good.

JimPanzer

Yes, and no. It isn't Hardware Region locked, but you can't set up your EU/US account on the system because the store etc is not up in that region.

But that's not the problem, I use my Japanese account on the system, and the physical games shouldn't be region locked. So i should be able to play this on my Japanese account, but for whatever reason i can't.

ahh ok, I see. Maybe the demo data is interfering with the retail copy? or the EU version isn't recognized as a supported version.

I get goosebumps and tear up a bit at the prospect of a hunting game on my big screen with HD graphics. The last thing I had was MH3 on the regular Wii and while I spent 500 hours in it, I'm not deluded enough to say it looked good.

MH3U HD was fucking crack, man. 300+ hours into it on a shitty console and it would have only been higher if anyone I knew owned a Wii U. MH3U PS3 (or just that localized MHP3rd HD, FUCK underwater fights) and my life would have been over.

yea I know not real HD graphics but MH3U was still clean as hell since it was 1080p. It looked beautiful and horrible at the same time. Toukiden would look waaaay better if given the treatment since it's not using 10 year old assets.

Dinda

I never understood what Capcom is thinking with regards of Monster Hunter in the West.

If one Monster Hunter game would have had a chance of being succesful in the west it would have been 3g (or whatever it's called) for the PS3. But that's the one they don't release....

If Tecmo is clever they try to bring this to PS4. If they make it right, they maybe could get all the potential Monster Hunter buyers in the west (and i believe they exist) that Capcom wasn't interested in.

Top Bottom