• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This game's multiplayer mode is bananas.

I had so much trouble playing with you folks in the thread last night but afterwards I connected to a total stranger and we played together for a *long* while without problems, propelling me from phase 4-4 to 5-2, fighting and defeating three boss class creatures (while breaking all their parts too!)

I slept at 2 A.M. because I had so much fun. Too bad I had to bow it out to him/her after a while since if I did not, I might not have had the chance to go sleep!

That guy/girl's last night truly opened my eyes on how awesome a good spear user could be.

Mine actually ended up loading oddly. You guys were standing there static though for a minute or so, so I just quit out.

After you entered the map or at the entrance to the mission next to Yu?

Because I too had that kind of experience... the first one was so weird with the three folks coming with me standing still although the game gave no indication of any connection error whatsoever :/

ramyeon

...and it looked so promising, too.
Good fight ramyeon and AmethystEnd! I'm glad we able to finish many hunt together.
It seems I can't connect somehow right not if the host isn't ramyeon. Maybe I can't if the host hasn't DMZ'ed their vita :(
Well at least now I have the chance to grab some breakfast :p
Yeah it has to be the DMZ/Port Forwarding thing. It was definitely working perfectly at first! Have any of you guys all unblocked the ports for the Vita or set it as your Router's DMZ address?

Anyways, good hunts indeed! Got all the parts I needed for the Cthonian armour and even got the Warden's weapon out of it. Pretty good.

Shengar

That guy/girl's last night truly opened my eyes on how awesome a good spear user could be.
Bad spear user like is just like headless chicken running around, trying to hard to spamm hold square attack lol
By the way, have you set your DMZ to your Vita?

Yeah it has to be the DMZ/Port Forwarding thing. It was definitely working perfectly at first! Have any of you guys all unblocked the ports for the Vita or set it as your Router's DMZ address?

Anyways, good hunts indeed! Got all the parts I needed for the Cthonian armour and even got the Warden's weapon out of it. Pretty good.
So far, my successful hunts are where the room hosted by you or eldameel. Other than that, its just mostly network error frustation D:

Phew. Aki and I duoed that Hell's Warden that had three player health. Sucks that you dropped, Himiko ;_;.

It took 21:38 but we broke all parts.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Bad spear user like is just like headless chicken running around, trying to hard to spamm hold square attack lol
By the way, have you set your DMZ to your Vita?

I am terrible at stuff like this :O So I don't know how.

Good God the memories of the last night's hunt with that stranger's spear user still in my mind right now. It has been a while since I had that much fun playing a handheld game. I contributed somewhat breaking parts here and there, but no question it was him/her that carried the battles for the most part. We fought Viper Queen, Skyshredder, Cthonian Fiend, and Hell Warden (I just remembered it's actually 4 boss class monsters), broke all parts. Fantastic stuff.

Hopefully he or she still hang around every once in a while so I can join him/her again, hahaha.

Abylim

I tried doing mp earlier, was 3 rooms under search, all passworded.

I started my own game with no restrictions and it filled in a minute lol.

all lowbies on phase 1, we destroyed manhunter hahaha

Shengar

I am terrible at stuff like this :O So I don't know how.

Setting up DMZ isn't that hard. All you need is to access your router user interface from PC, usually by typing 192.168.1.1 on your browser, search DMZ setting there that usually goes down by firewall setting and then, put your Vita IP address there.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Setting up DMZ isn't that hard. All you need is to access your router user interface from PC, usually by typing 192.168.1.1 on your browser, search DMZ setting there that usually goes down by firewall setting and then, put your Vita IP address there.

Hmmmm. Will this affect other devices, such as a laptop and my 3DS, that use the same WiFi? Sorry for the newbish question >_____>

Zephyl

Do we know the drop rates for certain objects? I've been trying to farm that silly fire birds tail all day among other things but no luck :/... Also any tips for cutting off limbs? Sometimes the demons die before I can cut everything off.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope, the DMZ will solely assigned to your Vita.

Hrmmm. I'll tinker with it later maybe.

Do we know the drop rates for certain objects? I've been trying to farm that silly fire birds tail all day among other things but no luck :/... Also any tips for cutting off limbs? Sometimes the demons die before I can cut everything off.

Well, the higher the number at the item, the rarer it is. Also, often times bonus from getting all parts breaking will net you items you wouldn't get otherwise.

As for limbs cutting, what weapon do you use?

Shengar

Curently, we have no information on drop rates, or things that could affect it. Though usually it's the Desire Law that fuck everyone of us when farming certain item. As for cutting onis part, if you don't want them to die quickly either use bow or weapon with lower damage. Try to bring NPCs companion that not deal too many damage like Nagi, Hatsuho, or Ouka. Remember to not attack onis phantom part as your attack will hurt its life force, not outer shell (purple bar).

Zephyl

Hrmmm. I'll tinker with it later maybe.

Well, the higher the number at the item, the rarer it is. Also, often times bonus from getting all parts breaking will net you items you wouldn't get otherwise.

As for limbs cutting, what weapon do you use?

I'm currently rocking the sword at the moment, debating about trying something else.

Curently, we have no information on drop rates, or things that could affect it. Though usually it's the Desire Law that fuck everyone of us when farming certain item. As for cutting onis part, if you don't want them to die quickly either use bow or weapon with lower damage. Try to bring NPCs companion that not deal too many damage like Nagi, Hatsuho, or Ouka. Remember to not attack onis phantom part as your attack will hurt its life force, not outer shell (purple bar).

Ok I'll try that, thanks. One more thing does it matter what element you use against certain demons?

Shengar

Ok I'll try that, thanks. One more thing does it matter what element you use against certain demons?

Oh well yes it does matter. Don't try to use fire weapon against Cthonian fiend or earth weapon against Terragrinder. The full list of onis weakness and immunity is listed here on sheet 4.

Don't forget Hayatori. Daggers won't kill the monster that quickly, and he's a Deceit type so he'll use the paralysis trap at least once per boss and it's fantastic for part breaking.

Ogawa-san

I'm currently rocking the sword at the moment, debating about trying something else.
If you're going for full breakage, I'd go with a bow.

While you can't even reach some parts like horns and shoulders with a sword, you can break them within the first 30s of the fight with charged shots, Pursuit and Eruption.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Sword can be tough as it relies on enemies toppling down to cut their higher-located parts so you need to time it just right to strike. It, however, can break multiple parts at the same time due to how wide it's ultimate strike is, unlike the ultimate attack for weapons like Bow that can only break one part at one time.

*Always* bring Nagi for her healing.

Bosses have elemental weaknesses yes.

Also, on another note, I would like to nominate Bladewing for the most annoying prick reward so far. Carried Hatsuho, Nagi, and Ibuki fighting it and I just couldn't believe how many times I needed to revive them, probably in the hundreds :/

That prick.

Scher

Nagi, in general, is just a really good NPC partner to bring along, I think. She heals and she's good at breaking parts higher up on bosses, which is wonderful for me since only the special attack for gauntlets can really hit higher parts.

Nagi, in general, is just a really good NPC partner to bring along, I think. She heals and she's good at breaking parts higher up on bosses, which is wonderful for me since only the special attack for gauntlets can really hit higher parts.

You and me both buddy. But now that I have Swordsmanship, I get to use my special 3-4 times per boss and mostly that's enough to break all high parts.

Shengar

Don't forget Hayatori. Daggers won't kill the monster that quickly, and he's a Deceit type so he'll use the paralysis trap at least once per boss and it's fantastic for part breaking.

With that flurry of attacks, I thought he deals massive damage. But one thing for sure is, bring Ibuki and Fugaku together, the best chance is you will worry the oni die first before you can break parts, especially those who regrow limbs like Terragrinder, or Windshredder.

GAF room up.

Name: Gaf
Password: 1234
Restricted to phase 4-1 or higher (I'm at 5-3 myself).

I'm NAT type 2 and I do have my vita set to my router's DMZ.

Waiting 10 minutes before I just start clearing more of story mode.

Edit: 1 slot left, leaving on a quest now. Please post if you want in and we'll wait after one.

Shengar

GAF room up.

Name: Gaf
Password: 1234
Restricted to phase 4-1 or higher (I'm at 5-3 myself).

I'm NAT type 2 and I do have my vita set to my router's DMZ.

Waiting 10 minutes before I just start clearing more of story mode.

Edit: 1 slot left, leaving on a quest now. Please post if you want in and we'll wait after one.

Sucks, I miss this because I'm discussing Irrational Games closure in other thread D:

Man, I am having such a hard time finding an Elastic Band. I read the Frostfangs drop it so I've been doing 2-10 but it just don't drop. @_@;

I did get my Harrowhalf Hornbits though so I just need this before I can move on to Chapter 4.

....I somehow got disconnected from Himiko and Scher, even though last week we played for like 3 hours together with me hosting with no issues. Someone else host please >_<

ramyeon

Ugh, dropped again. I can only guess that my connection isn't agreeing with someone else's. Just had a room with 3 randoms and we went on loads of missions with no issues... Weird.

kiriin

Man, I am having such a hard time finding an Elastic Band. I read the Frostfangs drop it so I've been doing 2-10 but it just don't drop. @_@;

I did get my Harrowhalf Hornbits though so I just need this before I can move on to Chapter 4.

It took me about 10-15 tries to get elastic band, mainly because there no good way to farm them properly.

Shengar

Alright, I made a room with the same details as before

Room: Gaf
Pass: 1234

You got any specific missions in mind, or should I just post stuff needed for progression?

Is it full? Are you guys already went for some hunting? I guess I make some story mode progress first then.

ramyeon

Shit that Cthonian was intense. Most I've ever fainted in a battle before. I stupidly used up all my heals towards the start of the battle thinking there was a shrine to replenish them... lol. And we were locked into the arena too.

Top Bottom