• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

The potential mh buyers buy mh4u next year including me.

Btw. my Tenko changed his/her voice. Anyone knows what benefits this has?

The potential MH buyers who won't buy a Wii U. Me included. I bought a used Wii for Fatal Frame IV and MH3, but that was so cheap.

The cost of entry to play MH now is too high, especially when there is very little else on the Wii U that I'm interested in. Bayonetta 2 and what else? Uhh...I got nothing.

Edit:

Oh, it's 3DS? ....why is there a U in the title? Goddamn your naming conventions, Nintendo.

-Digits-

Damn, why can't i play this on my Vita TV? Does it work for anyone who happens to have one?

I can play the Japanese Demo just fine and it looks fantastic on the big screen, but my EU Retail copy doesn't work.

I hope you get it to work because I was seriously considering getting one for big screen Toukiden. Please update if you make any progress.

Shengar

The graphic quality of Toukiden didn't surprise that much, since Omega Force have use the same engine for their games over and over. Even then it makes me realize how shit lazy Capcom is to reuse the same fucking asset from almost two generation for their million seller series. Seriously what the fuck Capcom, Omega Force and Koei is nothing compared to what you have and yet that MH3U graphic is the best you can do? Fuck Capcom, those monsters design deserve better graphic.

Toukiden supposedly updated version was trademarked a few week ago. Tecmo-Koei could pull PS4 port if there is demand to that or Sony asking for it. There is chance, albeit very slim.

The potential MH buyers who won't buy a Wii U. Me included. I bought a used Wii for Fatal Frame IV and MH3, but that was so cheap.

The cost of entry to play MH now is too high, especially when there is very little else on the Wii U that I'm interested in. Bayonetta 2 and what else? Uhh...I got nothing.

Edit:

Oh, it's 3DS? ....why is there a U in the title? Goddamn your naming conventions, Nintendo.
Ultimate is the western name for mh4g. The name is Capcom not Nintendo.

Puru

With the current trend of Tecmo Koei releasing their game for the handheld and home console market at the same time there's probably a huge chance the next Toukiden will follow the same path.

Holmes

What's the best strategy for the chain and sickle? I enjoy latching on to oni and wailing on them, but it's really annoying when they attack me and send me flying. Which happens a lot. Should I just attack them with square and triangle until its parts come off and it falls to the ground, then latch on to them, or..?

What's the best strategy for the chain and sickle? I enjoy latching on to oni and wailing on them, but it's really annoying when they attack me and send me flying. Which happens a lot. Should I just attack them with square and triangle until its parts come off and it falls to the ground, then latch on to them, or..?

pick your air combos wisely, but no you should be going into the air throughout the fight and not just when he gets knocked down. It's tricky finding a good opening to go in for an air combo but that's what makes the weapon harder to use compared to most of the others. I usually just make the best out of whatever space/scenario I'm in. if I'm far I'll do a square combo, if I can get close I go with trianglex3, square+x to get some space then pick the best option from there. it's very much like a fighting game with the spacing. get yourself familiar with monsters and their movesets or you will get royally fucked up for trying to go in with a stylin air combo. I was getting exposed when I first started but now I can go in with a good hook to trianglex3 to square+x or down+square basically whenever I want. it's all about making reads.

also best advice is use speed mitama. the triangle move works wonders for using the power that lets you chain air combos together.

Holmes

pick your air combos wisely, but no you should be going into the air throughout the fight and not just when he gets knocked down. It's tricky finding a good opening to go in for an air combo but that's what makes the weapon harder to use compared to most of the others. I usually just make the best out of whatever space/scenario I'm in. if I'm far I'll do a square combo, if I can get close I go with trianglex3, square+x to get some space then pick the best option from there. it's very much like a fighting game with the spacing. get yourself familiar with monsters and their movesets or you will get royally fucked up for trying to go in with a stylin air combo. I was getting exposed when I first started but now I can go in with a good hook to trianglex3 to square+x or down+square basically whenever I want. it's all about making reads.
Alright, I'll keep at it. It's definitely a weapon I want to be good at because I think it has potential. I like being able to hit basically every body part instead of being restricted to the ground with the gauntlets.

I just fought Terragrinder with the weapon and it wasn't so bad. The fire bird whose name I don't remember was pretty annoying, though. Guess I just need to keep practicing.

ramyeon

I seem to miss all the online stuff in this thread :p that's time zones for you I guess! Wish more people were playing online though - there's definitely a solid amount of posters in this thread but it's nowhere near as interactive as MH3U's community was (And yeah I know, Vita and all but that was on Wii U lol).

I seem to miss all the online stuff in this thread :p that's time zones for you I guess! Wish more people were playing online though - there's definitely a solid amount of posters in this thread but it's nowhere near as interactive as MH3U's community was (And yeah I know, Vita and all but that was on Wii U lol).

as I said before, there's just not a market for these games on handheld in the US. MH3U online community made this look like peanuts. Hell, MH3U is still more popular online now than this is and it's a year old. And like you said that's on a console as unpopular as Wii U. I'm lucky to find five public lobbies in this game when I search, just really sad.

Shengar

as I said before, there's just not a market for these games on handheld in the US. MH3U online community made this look like peanuts. Hell, MH3U is still more popular online now than this is and it's a year old. And like you said that's on a console as unpopular as Wii U. I'm lucky to find five public lobbies in this game when I search, just really sad.

MH have brand name, and its name alone enough to convince some people buying a Wii U just for it. Toukiden don't have the luxury of that sadly.

ramyeon

Speaking of online, anyone playing any time soon? Still want to finish off Phase 4 (At 4-7) and do the Cthonian Fiend quest a few times to get mats. Probably should've done it myself :p would've been quicker than waiting to find an online party lol.

Shengar

Speaking of online, anyone playing any time soon? Still want to finish off Phase 4 (At 4-7) and do the Cthonian Fiend quest a few times to get mats. Probably should've done it myself :p would've been quicker than waiting to find an online party lol.

I would like to try my luck. Just post the room. Two of us and two AI should be enough.

Question: do mitama skills stack? I got Protection lvl 2 and I'm not sure I should erase Protection lvl 1 or something else.

It's Oo no Yasumaro; I was thinking of getting rid of Taunt (stock +1), but only if Protection stack.

--
Killatopak, Jim, thanks for the help previously =]

Abylim

Question: do mitama skills stack? I got Protection lvl 2 and I'm not sure I should erase Protection lvl 1 or something else.

It's Oo no Yasumaro; I was thinking of getting rid of Taunt (stock +1), but only if Protection stack.

--
Killatopak, Jim, thanks for the help previously =]

Yup, they stack! you can check by equipping it and checking your defense on the abilities screen, too.

Can you cycle through which body part you lock on too or do you have to unlock relock to try a different location?

Basically you have to aim your cross hairs at a part to lock on. It doesnt cycle through, at least in my experience.

Abylim

Just got my 2nd, I'm getting there :p

I finished the game with 41/200. Granted, I skipped about 4 missions, but still, thats a lot of Mitama left!

EDIT: By finish I mean beat the game, saw the credits. Still got a lot of post game to get through!

ramyeon

Haha yeah I thought so, since it's taking so long to load. Seems to have more chance of happening when someone other than the room leader takes the quest, I think Shengar was dedicated leader when I dropped out before. I'll create again asap, as soon as I get off this loading screen lol.

Haha yeah I thought so, since it's taking so long to load. Seems to have more chance of happening when someone other than the room leader takes the quest, I think Shengar was dedicated leader when I dropped out before. I'll create again.

Alright, please wait for me. I'm locked up so I'm gonna restart completely.

Superflat

I'm in haku saving mode. Sorry shrines :[

Haha yeah I thought so, since it's taking so long to load. Seems to have more chance of happening when someone other than the room leader takes the quest, I think Shengar was dedicated leader when I dropped out before. I'll create again asap, as soon as I get off this loading screen lol.

I don't know how long I can play, but I really need to get out of phase 5 lol

I'm in!

This game is just too much fun...I mean I've always loved the "idea" of Monster Hunter more than the chore of actually playing it (it is a really great series, but I feel you have to put soooo much work into it and invest a lot of time), but what this game does is distill that series down to all the parts I like most. It is MH that gets right to the point and gets you right into the action very fast. I almost missed my bus stop because I couldn't take my eyes off the game on my commute home from work today

Emalde

The potential mh buyers buy mh4u next year including me.

Btw. my Tenko changed his/her voice. Anyone knows what benefits this has?

It just happens occasionally depending on where your Tenko has been sent to the most often, the only real change that matters is when they've changed color (which means increased yields from where-ever you're sending them consistently to have brought on the hue change).

meh, MH is one of my favorite series and I'm not buying MH4U. No point in trying to play hunting games on a 3DS.

I bought a 3DS XL just for MH3U. The SD quality screen is really off-putting. But I ain't getting a Wii U for MH3U. I played the game fine without the CPP. Reached till HR44 before I moved on to other games. I'm definitely buying MH4U for the 3DS.

Besides what stfuppercut mentioned above, do remember that while you're in the air (and have O activated), you basically have 3 "evasion" moves. First, being the Square + X...the attack + jump back move. Second is the Square + Down, down attack + land move. Lastly, being the Square, hook and pull yourself forward...this move can be used to evade certain attacks as well. Learn the boss's moves and use these evasion moves before the boss's attacks.

My current daily task: Work, eat, toukiden, sleep - repeat.

While travelling to and from work - Toukiden!

This game is just too much fun...I mean I've always loved the "idea" of Monster Hunter more than the chore of actually playing it (it is a really great series, but I feel you have to put soooo much work into it and invest a lot of time), but what this game does is distill that series down to all the parts I like most. It is MH that gets right to the point and gets you right into the action very fast. I almost missed my bus stop because I couldn't take my eyes off the game on my commute home from work today

Well said. Some guys I know didn't like the simulation part of MH, the slow non-hunting part where you gather items etc. In MH, if you forgot pots, you could just gather herbs and blue mushroom to make it. Kinda like "live off the land". While it adds a certain dimension to the game, I can see how some people don't like it.

Toukiden is different..It's more balls to wall action type. Item gathering? Just a quick X button press and you've got it! No wasting 2 seconds just to pick up an item. Having said that, I enjoy both MH and Toukiden.

ramyeon

This time I got the error where as soon as I go to accept the quest you've started it acts as if everyone has accepted and starts loading lol. Then promptly crashes the entire game of course.

The net code really has some issues.

Shengar

Good fight ramyeon and AmethystEnd! I'm glad we able to finish many hunt together.
It seems I can't connect somehow right not if the host isn't ramyeon. Maybe I can't if the host hasn't DMZ'ed their vita :(
Well at least now I have the chance to grab some breakfast :p

This time I got the error where as soon as I go to accept the quest you've started it acts as if everyone has accepted and starts loading lol. Then promptly crashes the entire game of course.

The net code really has some issues.

Yep, I'm infinitely loading at the moment.

Good fight ramyeon and AmethystEnd! I'm glad we able to finish many hunt together.
It seems I can't connect somehow right not if the host isn't ramyeon. Maybe I can't if the host hasn't DMZ'ed their vita :(
Well at least now I have the chance to grab some breakfast :p

Good hunts!

Top Bottom