• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Abylim

Picked up Ys today!

Not really ready to move on from this though. Thinking about playing some Ys while my friend catches up to me. But then I start to miss poking oni >_>

EDIT: Zomg, top of page! Add me if you want to hunt sometime, Gaf! PSN Abylim

Got this game the other day after enjoying the demo. Really like the chain and sickle. On chapter 4 at the mo.

Graphics are great but most importantly the combat is really good. Love how the C&S works. Targeting parts, flying through the air, massive air combos. Great fun.

Monster design is really good as well

Still not quite as good as soul sacrifice I would say but I would put it a step above god eater and ragnarok (which I also loved).

Abylim

Yup, I had to solo him, wasnt pretty lol

I seem to be lagging or something, I got hit by that red shit twice when I was running around and I couldnt see it o_O Fun though!

CrovaxPSO

This deep blue ore is driving me insane. I'm reading that it can be found in hidden shiny spots on any stage, but I've been going through each area over and over for the last two hours and haven't gotten a single one, none from the tenko either.

Abylim

This deep blue ore is driving me insane. I'm reading that it can be found in hidden shiny spots on any stage, but I've been going through each area over and over for the last two hours and haven't gotten a single one, none from the tenko either.

I think its in the later stages, or at higher difficulty, I was getting a few towards the end of the game.

Abylim

I've gone through the early missions, later missions, and Ex stages several times. I'm sure I'm just having horrible luck.

Mine shows up in age of yore, a far way down. Maybe focus on high difficulty age of yore maps?

EDIT: Nvm, its on all but Grace and honor. I got nothing =\

ramyeon

Good games Yukianesa! Man Nightblade is terrifying when he comes chasing after you haha.

Anyone know what drops Scorched Thorns? Need them for nightblade's armour, I've got one but it's not recorded as a drop from him. And that ever elusive Nightblade Snake I need for the sword... :/

Abylim

Anyone want to do Hells Warden? I still havent broken everything on him.

Scorched Horns are from Blistershells, dont know about thorns though

Ogawa-san

Any idea where "Infernal lava" and "Hades drop" are from? The guardian tree gave me the ones I had, no idea where they're from.

Also, anyone found an item drop list anywhere? I got fed up of going through every entry in the ingame record whenever I wanted to know what dropped where and ended up typing everything into a database. If isn't there one yet I'll dump it into a spreadsheet sometime this week.

killatopak

Gold Member
Any idea where "Infernal lava" and "Hades drop" are from? The guardian tree gave me the ones I had, no idea where they're from.

Also, anyone found an item drop list anywhere? I got fed up of going through every entry in the ingame record whenever I wanted to know what dropped where and ended up typing everything into a database. If isn't there one yet I'll dump it into a spreadsheet sometime this week.

There's one from my local fb group but it's not complete yet. I'll post it later since I'm on the phone.

If you're keen to make one in the spreadsheet you can pm me your email so I can add you to the editors.

I guess the lava is from the chthonian variant? They're the only ones who drop lava materials.

Abylim

Infernal Lava sounds like its from Higher difficulty Chthonian , or the second version of him.

Otherwise I couldnt find any info on it either =\

Wrapped up Ch 4 last night. The boss wasn't the hardest but it did take a while. Gonna suck farming him for the materials.

Really digging this game, tons of fun!

Playing the demo, how do I know where I get the materials for the sidequests or crafting? there is no list of what drops like in soul sacrifice and google seems to bring up nothing
is there a drop location guide somewhere?

Also I have no idea what I can sell and have to keep
I sold like 70 soil then 10 mins later got the 99 soil quest...

Are there any hidden combos or extra abilities unlocked for weapons? as so far there seems to be very little variation to combat

Shengar

Playing the demo, how do I know where I get the materials for the sidequests or crafting? there is no list of what drops like in soul sacrifice and google seems to bring up nothing
is there a drop location guide somewhere?

Also I have no idea what I can sell and have to keep
I sold like 70 soil then 10 mins later got the 99 soil quest...

Are there any hidden combos or extra abilities unlocked for weapons? as so far there seems to be very little variation to combat

There isn't a guide to that yet. While there is material record that you can access via menu ingame, you need to have that material first before you know where it is come from (kinda like catalog reminder).
30 items limitation only present in the demo, and full game will give you 100-150 material slot right away, And there isn't any material guide yet since the game just got released 1 week ago. So my guess is to keep any material that rated 3 and above in rarity and sold anything else that have only 1 rate of rarity.
There isn't any hidden abilites, but mitamas mix-matching could give you different experience with the same weapon.

Abylim

I'm about to resume chapter 6 now. Will wait for more Gaffers to do some MP later on.

Dreadhalf will hopefully be uneventful like the first one!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Let's try this. The room is up, gaf 1234

...and not all ready error yet again :/

......and now loading screen forevermore.

I *can't believe* how hard it can be trying to play with you folks ://

ramyeon

nope :( error

I get the feeling setting my vita up to DMZ made it worse somehow
Nah that's impossible, the error is more than likely on someone else's end. Setting it as the DMZ is basically the same as going through and opening up the relevant ports as far as I'm aware.

Shengar

Nah that's impossible, the error is more than likely on someone else's end. Setting it as the DMZ is basically the same as going through and opening up the relevant ports as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, this morning (on my part) we can play just fine with AmethystEnd up to Hell's Warden. I bellieve that three of us has DMZ our vita.

I was just playing online, but on my own - clearing up some easy missions. I got a deep blue ore drop on a phase 2 mission kill 10 Rockshells in the Age of Honor. Location number 3. Probably just luck, but I guess it confirms that it can drop fairly early in the levels. I'm only just at phase 3 online and still in Chapter 2 single player.

Anyone know how the elemental damage/weapons work in this game? Should I avoid trying to create elemental weapons unless I want to specifically make something to go against a big monster that is weak against it, or is a stronger weapon that is elemental always better off than a non elemental weapon?

Top Bottom