• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

RIP ballin armor set I mixed myself

iq4qsSjfwMgVM.jpg

Ogawa-san

My Abe no Seimei kept "SPT Master (Renewal)". You don't lose your spirit gauge until you use it, so you can precharge while regenerating focus and a boss moving around won't mess with Pursuit aiming. Can't play without it anymore, it's too convenient.

ramyeon

My Abe no Seimei kept "SPT Master (Renewal)". You don't lose your spirit gauge until you use it, so you can precharge while regenerating focus and a boss moving around won't mess with Pursuit aiming. Can't play without it anymore, it's too convenient.
Damn that sounds amazing. What level does he learn that at?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I always stick with Defense since that rechargeable defense is so awesome and Barrier is oft indispensable when trying to purify parts in the middle of a boss' rampage.

But maybe I should try Spirit Mitama more.....

ramyeon

Not sure, it's been a while since I hit lv10 with it. It's probably the last though.
Ah yes, unlocking the level cap on Mitama is definitely making me want to get my shit together and finish single player story mode :p
I always stick with Defense since that rechargeable defense is so awesome and Barrier is oft indispensable when trying to purify parts in the middle of a boss' rampage.

But maybe I should try Spirit Mitama more.....
All of them have different uses really. Nothing wrong with varied play styles!

I was an Attack mitama user as a Gauntlets main, but then I realized that makes no damn sense since I can force myself to crit on every hit just by properly timing my attack presses.

Thus, I believe that Speed Mitama have the highest damage potential when used with gauntlets assuming you're good at the crit timing.

ramyeon

Chapter 5 of single player really drags. I kinda just want to move on and unlock stuff but now I have to fight 2 Viper Queens? :/

Almost done with Chapter 4 in SP. I just fought the Viper Queen and she kind of confuses me. It looks like she can
can get chopped off pieces back instantly if her shell returns to her when a removed part is on the ground? Or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. I feel like her two snake arms grew back after I had absorbed them though.
I like her design but she wasn't as fun to fight as other bosses.

Almost done with Chapter 4 in SP. I just fought the Viper Queen and she kind of confuses me. It looks like she can
can get chopped off pieces back instantly if her shell returns to her when a removed part is on the ground? Or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. I feel like her two snake arms grew back after I had absorbed them though.
I like her design but she wasn't as fun to fight as other bosses.

Once you get her to around half health, she gets her tentacles back but they're upgraded. You can tell because they're a slightly different color and not as smooth.

So total parts:

2 arms
2 tentacles
2 upgraded tentacles that show up once she's at 50% or less health.
X # of shells
1 horn
1 weird stubby tail thing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Haha yep. Viper Queen has to be about one of the most annoying Oni for me, along with the Shredders. 2 at once with the AI sounds awful.

Viper Queen is actually the least annoying boss enemy type for me personally. Haven't tried fighting two of them at the same time though, hahaha.

Just tell me that there is no mission where I have to fight two Bladewings, please.

Why need defense when you can dodge everything!

Pffffft, so you that you can stand there like a pro purifying parts even during bosses' rampages while your allies all ran around like chicken.

Kinda hard for spears to dodge stuff when in close range unless you really memorize the boss' patterns. Charging square makes you zoom so you can't see stuff that is out of your vision.

"Memorizing boss' patterns" can only get you so far. Especially when bosses have attacks like that Jollux/Edax's physic defying jump and butthump. I mean, stuff shouldn't be able to arc like that when jumping.

ramyeon

Viper Queen is actually the least annoying boss enemy type for me personally. Haven't tried fighting two of them at the same time though, hahaha.

Just tell me that there is no mission where I have to fight two Bladewings, please.
See I'm unusual because while people find Bladewing really hard I find him really, really easy. His patterns are so obvious and easy to dodge.

Scher

Does anyone know how many chapters there are for singleplayer? I figured chapter 6 would have been the last one and it would have just been a ton of missions going into endgame or something, but now I'm in chapter 7.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Does anyone know how many chapters there are for singleplayer? I figured chapter 6 would have been the last one and it would have just been a ton of missions going into endgame or something, but now I'm in chapter 7.

There are 7 'offline' singleplayer chapters and 10 'online' phases.

See I'm unusual because while people find Bladewing really hard I find him really, really easy. His patterns are so obvious and easy to dodge.

Yep, the only time I hate Bladewing is when he stays in the air for over half the fight. And that's only happened once. You were with me at the time, I believe. First and last party wipe I've had.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Playing against Bladewing with AIs is such a pain in the arse. I lost count on how many times I needed to revive them every time I fought the bastard.

...........................I am under the impression that SP only lasts 5 chapters......................................... Oh my.

Let's also hope the expansion doesn't lock vital things to single player. Makes zero sense for a genre that's popular because of multiplayer.

ramyeon

Really having trouble finding Scorched and Thrusting Horns from those giant turtle things :/ I wish they spawned more often in quests except that Chapter 2 quest to hunt 5 of them.

Let's also hope the expansion doesn't lock vital things to single player. Makes zero sense for a genre that's popular because of multiplayer.
I think that's the first fixes they make. SP is 5 chapters story + EX which is HR in monhan terms.

At EX large oni can appear in every mission. I was doing a kill 20 $small_oni mission and then out of nowhere a Jollux.

Reknoc

Well they did put more effort into it than MonHun, I suppose they really wanted people to experience the singleplayer.

not much of an excuse though as i'm p.sure God Eater didn't lock anything and that was also surprisingly story focused.

Shengar

Exchanging spear and bow rather fairly, I'm using different mitama to have different playstyle. I use SPT for bow (since I think it makes most sense) and ATK for spear, spamming hold square in buffed up mode (here's hoping the boss down on not moving around much). But bow feel stale for me at the moment, I might want to try DCT dual knives or other Mitama to see where other playstyles could bring me.

It gives me, a bow user so much trouble too. I guess he's rather difficult for bow user because his wing attack have wide arc, wide enough to hit any archer that try to hit him with cursed arrows. Unless you know that you can roll while aiming a cursed shots, then the wing attack will surely hit you.

Superflat

Did some really expensive mitama leveling (Sakamoto Otome and Lady No) and now i'm killing oni like a madman. Lots of campaign bosses were being taken down in less than 5 minutes (with a team, albeit low level)! Haven't tried out chapter 6+ bosses yet.

offensive:
virility lvl2 (increases precision strikes)
virility lvl3 (greatly increases precision strikes)
charge (all attacks while running are precision strikes)
devotion (Dramatically increases attack but focus meter gain is slower)
affliction lvl 3 (greatly increases status ailment ability)

defensive:
protection lvl 2
Vitality + Amplify
Vitality + Zone
Recovery +Amplify

I found that I was never really using mitama abilities besides heal, so I was going for as many passives as I could get.

ramyeon

It gives me, a bow user so much trouble too. I guess he's rather difficult for bow user because his wing attack have wide arc, wide enough to hit any archer that try to hit him with cursed arrows. Unless you know that you can roll while aiming a cursed shots, then the wing attack will surely hit you.
Eh, that wing attack is no more deadly for archers than the melee guys actually right on him attack his body, since it hits them too. In fact it'd be even easier for archers to get away. He lifts up one wing and makes a really obvious tell for a second or so before he does that attack, way more than enough time to dodge roll out of there even for melee types.

Shengar

How did Dreadhalf armor set didn't appear on Tatara's armor list even though I already beat it two times? Don't fucking tell me that Desire Law already screw me up before I can even see the materials D:

ramyeon

Is there any better place to find the Fire Turtle things? I'm doing the Turtle Soup Chapter 2 mission but there's only one of them at the very end of the mission, doesn't really help my odds of getting an already uncommon drop from them.

Shengar

Is there any better place to find the Fire Turtle things? I'm doing the Turtle Soup Chapter 2 mission but there's only one of them at the very end of the mission, doesn't really help my odds of getting an already uncommon drop from them.
I believe there is similar mission in Chapter 6. Also those turtle appeared in Chapter 6 Jollux hunt mission where you can use exit trick without being limited by the quest objective.

ramyeon

I believe there is similar mission in Chapter 6. Also those turtle appeared in Chapter 6 Jollux hunt mission where you can use exit trick without being limited by the quest objective.
Ah, haven't unlocked Chapter 6 yet... still gotta take down the last mission of Chapter 5. Oh well, I'll continue trying this mission I guess haha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How did Dreadhalf armor set didn't appear on Tatara's armor list even though I already beat it two times? Don't fucking tell me that Desire Law already screw me up before I can even see the materials D:

I thought you need at least 3 materials with you out of 4 for a particular equipment to make it appear with Tatara?

Also, I am starting to be quite bored with Bows... but I am afraid that I will miss the precision it offers though..... ugghhhhh.

Swords look cool but AIs generally can't be depended upon to break parts like horns and such......... Perhaps Spear...................? Hmmmmm.

I am badly strapped for money though >_________<

Also, is there any way to get Pool entry card without buying it at the shop? I almost ran out and the blasted shop seem to refuse selling it again every time I check.

Guys I finished story yesterday and looked up the mitama forging. Seems like there are attributes beyond the basic 5 earth, wind, water, fire and sky. One of the swords seems to have lightning or blind?

Bg5z0M2IYAATkfx.jpg:large

JimPanzer

Also, is there any way to get Pool entry card without buying it at the shop? I almost ran out and the blasted shop seem to refuse selling it again every time I check.

some of the sub-quests have them as a reward

Guys I finished story yesterday and looked up the mitama forging. Seems like there are attributes beyond the basic 5 earth, wind, water, fire and sky. One of the swords seems to have lightning or blind?

Bg5z0M2IYAATkfx.jpg:large

this is paralysis: you have a chance to paralyse a demon for a few seconds (like the DCT mitama skill). this can be increased with the affliction mitama passive.

ramyeon

Finally beat single player's story mode. Feels good haha. Now I can finally start upgrading my mitama to their max level and get started on some of the high rank multiplayer stuff.

Hearing people saying how hard it is to get Deep Blue Ore makes me glad my Tenko grabbed 2 of them for me somewhere along the way. Hope I don't need any more than this later on haha. This sword though... lol.

Some of the mitama fusion weapons look REALLY nice. Shame it's gonna take so much effort to get them though :p

Top Bottom