• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Guys: from tecmo twitter "Thanks to @TsunTsunAndi for reporting the #Toukiden online play issues. Please DO NOT change your connection to ALL and back at this stage."

how's everyone enjoying the game? is this a hit?

my copy is still in the mail.

I'm at or near 100 hours, I think, and I'm still enjoying myself. And I've only used one weapon type the whole time.

There's still a ton of fun to be had when I pick up other weapon types later.

.....Oh god. Never switching to All ever again.
0iBnYwO.jpg

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Good thing I never figured out how to switch between english and all. I don't even know which one I use, but there are always a few rooms to jump in.

We don't know if it's what the guys save corrupted, they're looking into it, so just don't change it for the moment.
If your save still works than fingers crossed.

Shiina

The save corruption happens if you join a lobby where someone has DLC (so Japanese players) and if you do the DLC fight and get items you're not supposed to get you will irreversibly (for now) fuck up your save file.

The save corruption happens if you join a lobby where someone has DLC (so Japanese players) and if you do the DLC fight and get items you're not supposed to get you will irreversibly (for now) fuck up your save file.

Oh. Good to know. I'm safe then. Thanks.

Superflat

Man, I switched between All and English version like ten times before lol.

There was one room I was in where a guy selected a mission and I tried to ready at the door but it said I couldn't because it was DLC. Good thing it blocked me then!

killatopak

Gold Member
Happened to one of the members of our FB group.

His load got stuck at 3%. This happened after they finished the mission and the game crashed.

Happened to one of the members of our FB group.

His load got stuck at 3%. This happened after they finished the mission and the game crashed.

That makes me shiver with fear. I'm gonna quit out to the menu and load my game just to prove to myself I'm okay.

Edit: Yep, I'm still fine.

That was fun, thanks AmethystEnd for joining =), man I died too much on the last mission

No worries. Bladewing's spin does a lot of damage and hits up to three times. It's stupid.

I have Agility (Dual), which lets me ignore 2 hits, and the initial spin eats both hits and then a rock hits me. Bleh.

LMN

No worries. Bladewing's spin does a lot of damage and hits up to three times. It's stupid.

I have Agility (Dual), which lets me ignore 2 hits, and the initial spin eats both hits and then a rock hits me. Bleh.

lol, btw I really like your Mitama build, my build focus on "Might skill " but the main problem right now is the focus gauge, guess I need to come up with a better idea.

lol, btw I really like your Mitama build, my build focus on "Might skill " but the main problem right now is the focus gauge, guess I need to come up with a better idea.

Oh, thanks. I knew as soon as I got consistent with the gauntlets' crit timing that I would want a crit focused build. I just wish I also had Devastation. I have a Mitama with it and it has other boosts that would be good, but I would have to give up even better boosts.

LMN

Oh, thanks. I knew as soon as I got consistent with the gauntlets' crit timing that I would want a crit focused build. I just wish I also had Devastation. I have a Mitama with it and it has other boosts that would be good, but I would have to give up even better boosts.

I completely understand you, in my case I have to give up Restoration lv2 for quicker charge skill, however if I find "Murasaki Shikibu" mitama then my problem might be solve.

Scher

Speaking of critical hits, I've got a question about one of the boosts. I'm a little confused on the description of Verity. It says "increases the proportion of precision strikes" which, to me, implies it increases your chance to get a critical hit. As such, it would mean Verity is kind of worthless to me, but the spreadsheet says it "increases critical attack bonus". So is Verity a flat damage boost to critical hits or something?

Speaking of critical hits, I've got a question about one of the boosts. I'm a little confused on the description of Verity. It says "increases the proportion of precision strikes" which, to me, implies it increases your chance to get a critical hit. As such, it would mean Verity is kind of worthless to me, but the spreadsheet says it "increases critical attack bonus". So is Verity a flat damage boost to critical hits or something?

Verity is a direct boost to crit chance. It's not a very good skill, in my opinion, unless you've stacked multiple high level Verities, because Verity Lv. 1 is a 1% boost, Lv. 2 is 2%, Lv. 3 is 3%, and Lv. 4 is 4%.

Seriously, FOUR WHOLE PERCENT for Lv. 4 even though the description says it "Tremendously" increases. Lol, tremendous

Edit: Oh, you already read the spreadsheet and know the percentages. Lemme dig into the Japanese wiki and I'll come back with info.

Edit 2: Okay, the Japanese wiki definitely says that Verity increases critical "power". So it's better for gauntlets than I previously thought, but even assuming you have 3 Mitama each with Lv. 4 Verity, that's only a 12% boost. I guess 12% isn't bad since it'd pretty much be constant for gauntlets.

Haha, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you or anything. :)

Haha, it's okay. I just get overly paranoid about that kind of thing.

Scher

Edit 2: Okay, the Japanese wiki definitely says that Verity increases critical "power". So it's better for gauntlets than I previously thought, but even assuming you have 3 Mitama each with Lv. 4 Verity, that's only a 12% boost. I guess 12% isn't bad since it'd pretty much be constant for gauntlets.

If that's the case, then the English description is a bit of a misnomer. I really wish they were very clear about what everything does. Just give me some numbers!

Also, I was wondering who is able to edit the spreadsheet? I just wanted to point out that Verity Lv 1 and 2 are listed twice in the spreadsheet, and I'm pretty sure the other two times it's listed should be Novice Destroyer and Expert Destroyer. The descriptions are both for weapon gauge increases.

If that's the case, then the English description is a bit of a misnomer. I really wish they were very clear about what everything does. Just give me some numbers!

Also, I was wondering who is able to edit the spreadsheet? I just wanted to point out that Verity Lv 1 and 2 are listed twice in the spreadsheet, and I'm pretty sure the other two times it's listed should be Novice Destroyer and Expert Destroyer. The descriptions are both for weapon gauge increases.

Killatopak and I can edit it. And oops, my bad on that. I was wondering where the hell the Destroyer skills went. Didn't notice I'd put verity in twice.

I'll fix it as soon as google docs lets me.

Edit: Fixed

TheGrue

My online experience had been pretty good after putting my Vita in DMZ, but the last few times of trying to play online, people are just constantly disconnecting. You start with a full 4-person party and then in the middle of the fight, you're down to two. Getting kind of ridiculous.

Shengar

My online experience had been pretty good after putting my Vita in DMZ, but the last few times of trying to play online, people are just constantly disconnecting. You start with a full 4-person party and then in the middle of the fight, you're down to two. Getting kind of ridiculous.

It's better than fighting with "phantom" people. Once I fight with 4 gaffers but I can only see the host :/
I'm confused at first why it just two of us and why the enemy have their limbs cut off so quickly. Turns out there are four of us D:

It's better than fighting with "phantom" people. Once I fight with 4 gaffers but I can only see the host :/
I'm confused at first why it just two of us and why the enemy have their limbs cut off so quickly. Turns out there are four of us D:

Huh...that's interesting. I kinda wanna see that, lol.

Do you get these by maxing their relationships? I have no idea how to level them up further (Just finished chapter 5).

Finishing their quest lines (as in the literal quests you turn in at the counter) gets you a letter from that NPC, and attached will be a special item.

ramyeon

Finishing their quest lines (as in the literal quests you turn in at the counter) gets you a letter from that NPC, and attached will be a special item.
Ah I see! Any idea how you max relationships? Is that tied to the quest lines as well?

Edit: Haha oh man, I hadn't checked my desk in awhile and just found a bunch of these letters in there.

Ah I see! Any idea how you max relationships? Is that tied to the quest lines as well?

That's my assumption. At first I thought it was just when you did their story and got their Mitama but that doesn't seem to be the case because I still can't bathe with any males except Tatara.

Since Yamato is one of the males you have a possibility of bathing with, I assume that yes, it is tied to quest lines.

JoRo

Apologies if this kind of question doesn't belong here, but I don't have thread-making privileges yet. Is this a good game for online multiplayer on the Vita? I just talked a friend of mine into getting a Vita and we were trying to figure out what we could play together. We already know Killzone Merc is good, but trying to find some more games. Any suggestions, GAF? I have Toukiden, but haven't started it yet. Is this a good one for multiplayer, like can you create a party with your friends and all that? Any other games on Vita that lends itself to co-op play with a buddy?

Apologies if this kind of question doesn't belong here, but I don't have thread-making privileges yet. Is this a good game for online multiplayer on the Vita? I just talked a friend of mine into getting a Vita and we were trying to figure out what we could play together. We already know Killzone Merc is good, but trying to find some more games. Any suggestions, GAF? I have Toukiden, but haven't started it yet. Is this a good one for multiplayer, like can you create a party with your friends and all that? Any other games on Vita that lends itself to co-op play with a buddy?

I haven't played many online multiplayer games on Vita but Toukiden in particular is a fantastic one. If you scroll through this thread you'll see many of us organizing lobbies and hunting together.

Top Bottom