• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

ramyeon

Yeah the shells keep regenerating. Not the tentacles though, those only change once into a different form after you destroy the original ones.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guys I finished story yesterday and looked up the mitama forging. Seems like there are attributes beyond the basic 5 earth, wind, water, fire and sky. One of the swords seems to have lightning or blind?

Bg5z0M2IYAATkfx.jpg:large

What in the name of all the things unholy in this world is that 260.000 price tag.

My current 800 haku wallet screams at that abomination >___>

Shengar

Does the Viper Queen ever stop regening her tentacles and shells? Could've sworn i took the blasted shell off at least 5 times

As ramyeon have said, the tentacle is not infinite, though the shell does. I need to remind you that any part will regrow if you don't purify it before the end of her berserk mode.

Fistwell

Guys I finished story yesterday and looked up the mitama forging. Seems like there are attributes beyond the basic 5 earth, wind, water, fire and sky. One of the swords seems to have lightning or blind?

Bg5z0M2IYAATkfx.jpg:large
Yeah, as already mentioned, it's a para status effect. You can upgrade one of the regular swords to acquire that same effect.

Ogawa-san

What in the name of all the things unholy in this world is that 260.000 price tag.

My current 800 haku wallet screams at that abomination >___>
Haku comes really easily later in the game, you'll get 10k+ per mission that sometimes takes about 10min to complete. I haven't crafted every available weapon/armor, but I'm at 600k right now and I always use the guardian tree and shrine. The tree fee apparently stops climbing at 3k, which helps too.

Also, there's always that mitama that increases haku gain. Maybe it affects mission rewards too?

RalchAC

Haku comes really easily later in the game, you'll get 10k+ per mission that sometimes takes about 10min to complete. I haven't crafted every available weapon/armor, but I'm at 600k right now and I always use the guardian tree and shrine. The tree fee apparently stops climbing at 3k, which helps too.

Also, there's always that mitama that increases haku gain. Maybe it affects mission rewards too?

I think there was a trophy related to that tree, something about helping it to grow up. Is it posible?

Is somebody going to play Toukiden in 2h and a half? I'm at phase 3 (I think I have unlocked 8 quests) and I'd like to play with some gaffers :)

Ogawa-san

Anyone knows where Thunderice Breath drops? Deep Blue Ore in Age of Peace EX as well.
Hell's Warden drops it.

I think there was a trophy related to that tree, something about helping it to grow up. Is it posible?
Yep, both tree and shrine have an achievement like that. Not sure how it works for the shrine though, mine isn't maxed out yet and it may have to do with the little haku I spend on it.

ramyeon

now I'm confused :D
Shikimi. Same girl you go to when you want to level them up from experience (Well technically they gain haku from battle not exp points anyway) as well. If they don't have enough to level up you can give them haku to level them up.

Edit: Dunno but I've known about it since the demo so they must have.

Beat the game, at least I saw the credits but I guess there is a lot of thing to do now.

Final boss and ending are weak but the game is awesome, probably the best game from Omega Force, my only complain is the combat system, weapons need more moves (bow is fine) and I feel like the Mitama system has a lot of potential but they barely scratched the surface.

Abylim

Had a busy day today, couldnt play this =\

I'll get back into it tomorrow hopefully, I'm progressing at a good pace in SP, and almost in Phase 6 MP.

So according to that item search, Heavenly Fiber can be found... on every fucking map.

Fuck it, I give up on that quest then. I'm probably at or near 100 hours and I've only ever held TWO Heavenly Fibers and I used one on a weapon.

Fistwell

So according to that item search, Heavenly Fiber can be found... on every fucking map.

Fuck it, I give up on that quest then. I'm probably at or near 100 hours and I've only ever held TWO Heavenly Fibers and I used one on a weapon.
Yeah it's not that rare, just pick random garbage mob clearing Qs on any Ex. map and go shinies hunting.

killatopak

Gold Member
T__________T This has to be a race thing. Oh wait, we're both Filipino.

Uhh...

You're cheating. Somehow.

I didn't know that! I would love to go with an ad hoc meet up with you. As long as you're close that is.

I just send my Tenko everywhere every mission. It might be luck or I might have gotten it multiple times from the guardian tree.

And wow you're already on 100 hours? I myself have spent 40 hours in the demo and only got to around 80 hours on the full game. Including the demo hours.

I didn't know that! I would love to go with an ad hoc meet up with you. As long as you're close that is.

I just send my Tenko everywhere every mission. It might be luck or I might have gotten it multiple times from the guardian tree.

And wow you're already on 100 hours? I myself have spent 40 hours in the demo and only got to around 80 hours on the full game. Including the demo hours.

Ahaha, I moved to America when I was 5. Haven't been back since 2004.

Ogawa-san

wow, these solo missions are ridiculously hard. can't do shit -.-
All I have left in SP are solo missions and I won't bother until I'm stupidly overgeared.

Soloing
Viper & Venom Queen
is relatively easy (compared to goddamn
Frostwing
), but that's about an hour of dodging. It's not fun.

For Heavenly Fibres just send your tenko to some EX maps. He usually returns with 2 if he's affine to it. Btw are the materials from the npcs for anything? Like Kikka's Eastern Citrus Fruit [9] or Yu's Homemade Snack [9].

killatopak

Gold Member
Ahaha, I moved to America when I was 5. Haven't been back since 2004.

Ohhh, nice. Are you in the part of NA that's dealing with the snow storms? Take care there. I hear its really bad. You could always play Toukiden inside your home. :D

For Heavenly Fibres just send your tenko to some EX maps. He usually returns with 2 if he's affine to it. Btw are the materials from the npcs for anything? Like Kikka's Eastern Citrus Fruit [9] or Yu's Homemade Snack [9].

I assume its for when they give you their own weapons. I read that it's on par with the weapons Shikimi forges.

Ohhh, nice. Are you in the part of NA that's dealing with the snow storms? Take care there. I hear its really bad. You could always play Toukiden inside your home. :D

I have a feeling you know more about the current happenings in NA than I do. I didn't know snow storms were an issue somewhere right now.

I'm in Texas and I don't watch the news, lol.

JimPanzer

All I have left in SP are solo missions and I won't bother until I'm stupidly overgeared.

Soloing
Viper & Venom Queen
is relatively easy (compared to goddamn
Frostwing
), but that's about an hour of dodging. It's not fun.

is chapter 7 the last for SP? or do I have to do solo missions to unlock more chapters?

killatopak

Gold Member
I have a feeling you know more about the current happenings in NA than I do. I didn't know snow storms were an issue somewhere right now.

I'm in Texas and I don't watch the news, lol.
Just bits and pieces of the news abroad. I don't really watch news myself too. xD
is chapter 7 the last for SP? or do I have to do solo missions to unlock more chapters?

7 is the last. The rest of chapters 8-10 is on MP.

Anyone would mind joining me online?
I'm only in 3-3, but I'm not that bad of a player and I'd like to progress a bit on the online missions.

What chapter does the sp story end? Im at 5 right now and if it isn't this one, I'm gonna slow my play down since the fighting same bosses is getting boring to me. Plus I've got danganronpa and remember me in the wing.

Top Bottom