• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Ridley327

Apologies if this kind of question doesn't belong here, but I don't have thread-making privileges yet. Is this a good game for online multiplayer on the Vita? I just talked a friend of mine into getting a Vita and we were trying to figure out what we could play together. We already know Killzone Merc is good, but trying to find some more games. Any suggestions, GAF? I have Toukiden, but haven't started it yet. Is this a good one for multiplayer, like can you create a party with your friends and all that? Any other games on Vita that lends itself to co-op play with a buddy?

The hunting action genre is defined by its co-op, so yeah, this is a good one.

ramyeon

That's my assumption. At first I thought it was just when you did their story and got their Mitama but that doesn't seem to be the case because I still can't bathe with any males except Tatara.

Since Yamato is one of the males you have a possibility of bathing with, I assume that yes, it is tied to quest lines.
Yeah I assumed that too. I have Soulmate level with Yu, Kikka, Oka, Nagi and Hatsuho and Unbreakable Bonds with Hayatori, Ibuki, Fugaku and Tatara. Decided to go to the baths since the sign was blue and this happened:

unnamed-2qvkqj.jpg

So it appears you don't need "Soulmate" status to bathe with them, just Unbreakable Bonds.

Shengar

Apologies if this kind of question doesn't belong here, but I don't have thread-making privileges yet. Is this a good game for online multiplayer on the Vita? I just talked a friend of mine into getting a Vita and we were trying to figure out what we could play together. We already know Killzone Merc is good, but trying to find some more games. Any suggestions, GAF? I have Toukiden, but haven't started it yet. Is this a good one for multiplayer, like can you create a party with your friends and all that? Any other games on Vita that lends itself to co-op play with a buddy?
Hunting action game is Japanese equivalent to western FPS in term of multiplayer playability, so yes its very good. Especially when you have close friends to do an adhoc party.

JoRo

Thanks for the replies. Might be a bit silly asking in the OT since people obviously enjoy the game enough to post here, but would you guys say this is the best online multiplayer game for Vita right now?

Thanks for the replies. Might be a bit silly asking in the OT since people obviously enjoy the game enough to post here, but would you guys say this is the best online multiplayer game for Vita right now?

Right now? I don't know, since it's the ONLY online multiplayer game on Vita in recent memory for me.

I'll say, however, that it's the best one I've personally played in the past 2 years of owning a Vita.

Shengar

It's really depends on the genre. For FPS, your only best bet is Killzone Mercenary while hunting action you could pick Soul Sacrifice and/or Toukiden. I don't play too much multiplayer games sadly, but for that particular question, perhaps you can get better answer from PSN general thread here.

JoRo

Thanks again, gents. I may pop back over here once I get into the game full on. We might could use some hunting partners. :)
My friend's refund money from taxes is burning a hole in his pocket. Maybe I can convince him to get this and K:M.

Thanks again, gents. I may pop back over here once I get into the game full on. We might could use some hunting partners. :)
My friend's refund money from taxes is burning a hole in his pocket. Maybe I can convince him to get this and K:M.

I'd agree that the best fps online is KZ: Mercenary. That game looks like it's on the PS3.

Besides Toukiden, I'd recommend Dragon's Crown as well. I wasn't a big fan of Soul Sacrifice though.

So it appears you don't need "Soulmate" status to bathe with them, just Unbreakable Bonds.

At what relationship level do they give you the weapon plans?

Scher

Anyone want to do some multiplayer? I went ahead and made a lobby. Would like to do some phase 6 stuff but I don't mind doing other stuff if there's anyone looking for help with progression.

Room: Gaf
Pass: 1234

Shengar

Anyone want to do some multiplayer? I went ahead and made a lobby. Would like to do some phase 6 stuff but I don't mind doing other stuff if there's anyone looking for help with progression.

I'm in for hunt. I'll be taking breakfast shortly with friends and after that I can rejoin.

I'd agree that the best fps online is KZ: Mercenary. That game looks like it's on the PS3.

Besides Toukiden, I'd recommend Dragon's Crown as well. I wasn't a big fan of Soul Sacrifice though.

OH MY GOD, How did I forget about Dragon's Crown. FUCK YES, that game was awesome.

Well, I mostly played it on PS3, though I did double dip and get it on Vita as well, so I guess that's how I forgot it was a vita game.

Currently eating dinner but I'm in for some phase 6 stuff soon as I'm done.

RalchAC

It's better than fighting with "phantom" people. Once I fight with 4 gaffers but I can only see the host :/
I'm confused at first why it just two of us and why the enemy have their limbs cut off so quickly. Turns out there are four of us D:

I had that problem the other day. I wasn't able to talk with that "phantom people" via party chat either. The sign was grey and when I touched it there was some NAT-3 error.

ramyeon

I
Soulmate, since I only got stuff from those people so far. It doesn't show up in my blacksmith though so I must be missing parts.

I'm in, still in the lobby?
Breakfast? Which part of the world are you in?
Anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere is a good guess ;) example it's 11am here in Australia now.

ramyeon

ALSO guys, the new materials and upgrade options chapter 6+ are awesome. So much to do! I found this red object called "Impure Object" and when I purified it, it was a Sky type spear that I definitely can't craft at the blacksmith and seems like a novelty weapon. Wonder how many of these there are?

ALSO guys, the new materials and upgrade options chapter 6+ are awesome. So much to do! I found this red object called "Impure Object" and when I purified it, it was a Sky type spear that I definitely can't craft at the blacksmith and seems like a novelty weapon. Wonder how many of these there are?

I actually found an Impure Object way back in phase 2, and it ended up being a spear. I can't remember if it was craftable though.

Scher

Anyone else for phase 6? Got one more spot, otherwise I'm taking Nagi bot with us.

Edit: Or I'll go ahead and leave the spot open.

Skyshredder barely stood a chance.

Anyone else for phase 6? Got one more spot, otherwise I'm taking Nagi bot with us.

Edit: Or I'll go ahead and leave the spot open.

Skyshredder barely stood a chance.

That was unmitigated destruction. I somehow thought I'd get destroyed on my first high rank hunt.

EDIT: YES. MY FIRST BRILLIANT LIGHT.

Scher

What's a Brilliant Light?

Bah I got booted what the hell :/

We just finished the mission, so you will be able to rejoin shortly.

Do you want us to go ahead and do that Jollux mission again?

Edit: I'm rather surprised at how fast these missions are going.

Scher

Is the room full?

Sorry about that. Wasn't paying attention. We just finished, though, so we'll be back in lobby shortly.

Hope y'all don't have any issues with doing phase 5? That's what Shengar needs to finish up right now, if I remember correctly.

Also, feel free to post mission, Shengar. I'm kind of just guessing at what you need to do when selecting a mission.

Edit: It keeps telling me not everyone is ready.

And now I'm locked up.

ramyeon

That not all players are ready glitch as usual :(

If you get that message once just leave the room. And we can recreate it, that way you won't lock up like that.

Shengar

Also, feel free to post mission, Shengar. I'm kind of just guessing at what you need to do when selecting a mission.

Edit: It keeps telling me not everyone is ready.

And now I'm locked up.
Isn't the host supposed to be only one that can picked up a quest? I don't have any particular qust until we got to dreadhalf.

Sdoots

So I've mostly been playing this solo, but from the little I tried of the multiplayer, it seemed like there were seperate missions between the two. Is that accurate? I was getting the feeling I was limiting what options the host could pick from due to my progress or some weird shit.

So I've mostly been playing this solo, but from the little I tried of the multiplayer, it seemed like there were seperate missions between the two. Is that accurate? I was getting the feeling I was limiting what options the host could pick from due to my progress or some weird shit.

Yeah, unfortunately offline and online progress are completely separate and you have to work through all the low level stuff online again. The missions available online are limited by whoever is the least progressed in the lobby.

Yeah, unfortunately offline and online progress are completely separate and you have to work through all the low level stuff online again. The missions available online are limited by whoever is the least progressed in the lobby.
Are you kidding me?

Guess I'm probably never gonna play online. :/

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
See, this is why I stick with DEF.

Last night I played with a bunch of strangers against Bladewing and Hell's Warden and none of them have DEF, a bunch of LCK, SPT, ATK, SPD folks and by golly I lost count on how many times I need to revive them. They fell like leaves struck down by fury of a thunderstorm.

In fact, I have just experienced my first Mission Failed last night against Hell's Warden because the majority of time spent in resurrecting fallen partners -________-

Are you kidding me?

Guess I'm probably never gonna play online. :/

that's why I'm gonna be a gimp that only does the mp. No way I could do both before Dark Souls 2 comes out and online is just way more fun to play. Plus campaign can be done at any time whereas this games online scene will likely be dead a month or two from now.

Sdoots

Well, shit. Can I host a lobby and do them on my own and still get credit, or do I need to have another player in the game to progress? I might just grind out the low end stuff if I can.

ramyeon

Arghh, got a call so I had to go and idle in a corner, by the time I got back I'd been booted...
that's why I'm gonna be a gimp that only does the mp. No way I could do both before Dark Souls 2 comes out and online is just way more fun to play. Plus campaign can be done at any time whereas this games online scene will likely be dead a month or two from now.
Well if you don't do at least to the end of chapter 5 in solo then you're missing out on unlocking a lot of stuff.
Well, shit. Can I host a lobby and do them on my own and still get credit, or do I need to have another player in the game to progress? I might just grind out the low end stuff if I can.
You can do any of the MP stuff offline with NPCs or AI controlled players you've data exchanged with by selecting Single Player at the stone.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't worry. Just complete the few red missions and you'll go to the next phase. Rinse and repeat. You don't really have to do ALL of them to progress to the next phase. Minimal pain really..

Not really when you just fought Cthonian Fiend in SP and then find out you need to fight him again in MP just to proceed >_______>

Really, I find it hilarious that Cthonian Fiend is being hyped out as this commander of the Oni that needs to be eliminated and even Oka makes a comment about it being dead and yet again and again and again and again we fight the bastard over and over and over again, even in SP.

Yes, just choose Single Player when accessing the MP stone and it is basically SP only in the "MP world"

ramyeon

Not really when you just fought Cthonian Fiend in SP and then find out you need to fight him again in MP just to proceed >_______>

Really, I find it hilarious that Cthonian Fiend is being hyped out as this commander of the Oni that needs to be eliminated and even Oka makes a comment about it being dead and yet again and again and again and again we fight the bastard over and over and over again, even in SP.
Well you have to farm him to make his equipment anyway, so I don't mind that too much since it takes like 10 minutes max with a good party.

Sdoots

Arghh, got a call so I had to go and idle in a corner, by the time I got back I'd been booted...

Well if you don't do at least to the end of chapter 5 in solo then you're missing out on unlocking a lot of stuff.

You can do any of the MP stuff offline with NPCs or AI controlled players you've data exchanged with by selecting Single Player at the stone.

Alright, I just got to Chapter 4. I'm going to take a quick break from that stuff and blaze through the early "kill 10 imp" tier stuff. Thanks for the info, everyone.

Top Bottom