• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

ramyeon

Alright, I just got to Chapter 4. I'm going to take a quick break from that stuff and blaze through the early "kill 10 imp" tier stuff. Thanks for the info, everyone.
You don't have to do every mission to progress through chapters or phases. Only key missions and the occasional ordinary mission here and there.

krossj

The online was fucking up in almost every online I tried this evening but then went on a streak of stable gameplay with two other people. Was a lot of fun destroying bladewing repeatedly.

Really surprised by how well the armour and weapons look in this, really nice models and some cool designs amongst them.

Shengar

Are you kidding me?

Guess I'm probably never gonna play online. :/
It isn't that bad. You don't have to complete every single mission, just the one that's essential with one or two filler missions, mostly just one before you can acces essentials mission to procceed.
The online was fucking up in almost every online I tried this evening but then went on a streak of stable gameplay with two other people. Was a lot of fun destroying bladewing repeatedly.

Really surprised by how well the armour and weapons look in this, really nice models and some cool designs amongst them.

Well, Omega Force also the one who did Musou series, who mostly have nice armor design in them. No wonder the armors here are such nice looking.

Aww, you don't find 30 minutes of Nightblade action to be exciting?

Especially exciting when I blow all my spells while we still had a full crew, expecting us to be done quickly, then having no heals or agilities left for the rest of the fight when it was just you and me left, lol.

krossj

Well, Omega Force also the one who did Musou series, who mostly have nice armor design in them. No wonder the armors here are such nice looking.

Yeah I haven't played any of them and only seen bits and pieces. Might look into them a bit more after seeing some of the work put into areas of this.

I think it is how many armour sets and weapons are available that surprised me most. I wasn't expecting as much for a first entry in a series.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Okay. Doing a boss (especially Nightblade) that has HP scaled to 4 players with only 2 people. Not fun.

I'm done for now, lol.

They should recompensate if occasions such as this happening.

Last night I fought with 4 others people and they disappear midway, leaving me with a boss all alone as a bow user (against Hell's Warden) with its HP amplified four fold.

I promptly said "Fuck no" and exited.

ramyeon

I might be out guys, I don't really feel like going back to Phase 3 missions tbh since there's not much to gain from them at this point and I haven't made much progress since I unlocked Phase 6.

Scher

Alright. I guess I'll stick around and help whoever this is out a little or something.

Or I guess they won't be sticking around.

It isn't that bad. You don't have to complete every single mission, just the one that's essential with one or two filler missions, mostly just one before you can acces essentials mission to procceed.
What I'm getting at is that by the time I'm comfortable enough to play online, nobody is gonna want to play that low level crap. :(

ramyeon

Haha well I might stick around for a few hunts if we're gonna do Phase 6 then, don't have much time so I was gonna go do single player but MP is better.

sensui-tomo

just got to chapter 5 in story, now to do the same thing again in online mode(beating chapter 4)... not looking forward to bladewing again, god did it wreck me earlier

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I apologize for dropping in unannounced. I sometimes just lurk around the forums without making myself known. I was Fatty but I left after realizing the pair of you were 3 phases ahead of me! Don't mean to slow y'all down! Happy Toukidening

Scher

I apologize for dropping in unannounced. I sometimes just lurk around the forums without making myself known. I was Fatty but I left after realizing the pair of you were 3 phases ahead of me! Don't mean to slow y'all down! Happy Toukidening

It's fine, I just was a bit surprised to see someone pop in. Sorry I didn't really respond to you. The game doesn't exactly let me communicate very well.

ramyeon

No worries! Most other times I'd be happy to help you catch up, just had long run of fails with network issues today haha.

And yeah the chat is a bit limited so I figure anyone in the rooms is reading this thread at the same time :p sorry.

ramyeon

Yeah I thought so, loading was taking longer than it should. I might be out guys, need to go grab something to eat and do some errands. Good playing though! Next time hopefully we can have less errors!

ramyeon

Well, that was great hunts, good job folks!
But why didn't Dreadhalf armor set appeared yet? :/
I haven't had like... any of the subspecies armour sets appear yet, now that you mention it. Except Bloodhunter and Edax. And I've fought oni like Pyrogrinder, Skyshredder and Dreadhalf multiple times :/

Scher

The only subspecies sets I have unlocked are pyrogrinder, aspwhatever lightning bird, and venom queen. I'm guessing we just haven't gotten lucky with dreadhalf, yet.

Oh, and the rank 4 subspecies armor sets.

Ogawa-san

Anyone knows what's the deal with fortifications after +9? When you can't get past that it'll just say "can't be upgraded further", but some still have a locked level.

Shengar

The definitive way of fighting against tall bosses is by using dual knives or kusarigama. I havent' tried the latter, by damn even fight against Edax feels so different. Tring to maintain height to hit its horn and hair is so satisfying.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I can't get Thunderice Breath to drop for the life of me. Farming Hell's warden all day. Maybe it's because I am usually 1 part shy of breaking everything due to NPC retardation.

linkent

completed mission 4!
does the vendor unlock more armor at later mission?
or i have to increase the patronage level to unlock those armor?
thinking of buying the battle armor set instead of crafting one to increase the patronage level :D

Ogawa-san

completed mission 4!
does the vendor unlock more armor at later mission?
or i have to increase the patronage level to unlock those armor?
thinking of buying the battle armor set instead of crafting one to increase the patronage level :D
I don't know what was unlocked by progressing or patronage exactly, but I'm at 100k patronage (still gold), ch. 7 in SP and 8 in MP, and he only sells five sets: slayer, guard, regulation, veteran and ceremonial.

I actually bought some low tier weapons in MH, for me to upgrade them into different weapon path. I recall buying leather armor set for my fast mining set as well. Besides that, they are quite useless.

RalchAC

Playing this game makes me want that Omega Force leaves their safe zone more often. Musou games aren't bad, but Toukiden is really good and makes me want them to have a more diverse output.

Baliis

I can't get Thunderice Breath to drop for the life of me. Farming Hell's warden all day. Maybe it's because I am usually 1 part shy of breaking everything due to NPC retardation.

I managed it on my second kill, meanwhile no Beast tail/fangs that I need

edit: and I get both of them on the next kill, go figure.

Playing this game makes me want that Omega Force leaves their safe zone more often. Musou games aren't bad, but Toukiden is really good and makes me want them to have a more diverse output.

I actually enjoyed Dynasty Warriors: Strike Force quite a bit. It's very different from the Musou games.

TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll was good too, but not many people have played it. you can see some influence of that game in Toukiden. particularly how enemies move.

Top Bottom