• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guys, sorry for the noob question but where can I get the IP address of my Vita so that I can set it up as DMZ? Is it the one listed in the setting/network...?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
yes, select the network you are connected with and you can see your IP

OK, I can see the IP Address here, the one listed under DHCP Host Name and Above Subnet Mask on Internet Connection Status under setting/network in my Vita. Is that the one I should enter?

Again, sorry for the noob question.

Shengar

Remember folks, to make use of PS+ cloud saves back up and upload your saves regularly happened, just in case.
OK, I can see the IP Address here, the one listed under DHCP Host Name and Above Subnet Mask on Internet Connection Status under setting/network in my Vita. Is that the one I should enter?

Yes it is. Are trying to DMZ'ed your Vita then?

JimPanzer

you can assign a static IP there. you can see your current IP if you select the third slot in the network menu (network-status or something).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Remember folks, to make use of PS+ cloud saves back up and upload your saves regularly happened, just in case.

Yes it is. Are trying to DMZ'ed your Vita then?

Yeah, see if it can improve my online experience with Toukiden just like many of you seem to have experienced.

Say, my brother on chat right now saying setting up Vita as DMZ can allow people to hack it since it means I am opening up access. I doubt it since you guys are the ones recommending it, but anyway, any truth in that?

you can assign a static IP there. you can see your current IP if you select the third slot in the network menu (network-status or something).

Yes, that's the menu I am looking at right now. Setting Network Internet Connection Status.

-Digits-

Yeah, see if it can improve my online experience with Toukiden just like many of you seem to have experienced.

Say, my brother on chat right now saying setting up Vita as DMZ can allow people to hack it since it means I am opening up access. I doubt it since you guys are the ones recommending it, but anyway, any truth in that?

Yes, that's the menu I am looking at right now. Setting Network Internet Connection Status.

Yes and no. He's right you're opening access but I can't think of any conceivable way this would allow your Vita to be hacked. If you did this with a PC you'd open yourself up for such attacks because you're basically turning off the firewall for that particular device.

JimPanzer

can someone explain to me the pool entry stuff?

the merchant sells tickets sometimes and you can get them from some quests. the blue sign means it's gentlemen's bath time and the red it's ladies'. if you succeed bathing with someone you will get a temporary buff.

Shandy

Just fought Bladewing for the first time.

After a while, I'd figured out his tells, but I'd still get slammed in the back by some sneaky pos rock or something. But while I was (more or less) able to mitigate damage to myself, I was having to run into danger to revive like no one's business.

I mean, I didn't hate it, but I'm not entirely sure I found it fun.

wilflare

the merchant sells tickets sometimes and you can get them from some quests. the blue sign means it's gentlemen's bath time and the red it's ladies'. if you succeed bathing with someone you will get a temporary buff.

thanks! hmm I bathed all alone yet I still got a Boost

Btw, the Shrine within the HQ - does praying get you anything else other than a boost?

arimanius

I still don't have a main weapon type. lol I'm finding all of them to be fun but I get annoyed after a boss fight and change again. I really need to focus on one.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
The reskinned version of that floating fire skull? That thing supposed to be only seen by mind eye and I never spotted one beside the tutorial level.

I found one while slaying a Windshredder while trying to get more materials for the armor. After slaying it I got another mitama, and a second one from the windshredder (which I had already slayed) giving me a grand total of 2 new mitamas for just one mission.

So based on this experience, I take that doing certain missions multiple times gives you extra mitamas? Also those golden skulls are pretty rare.

I found one while slaying a Windshredder while trying to get more materials for the armor. After slaying it I got another mitama, and a second one from the windshredder (which I had already slayed) giving me a grand total of 2 new mitamas for just one mission.

So based on this experience, I take that doing certain missions multiple times gives you extra mitamas? Also those golden skulls are pretty rare.

Besides the first time you kill a new boss giving you a Mitama, bosses have drop tables of Mitama that change based on which Age you encounter them in. See our handy google doc here for drop info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dG9jMi1sODBvX2dnalotMk9MTHc&usp=sharing#gid=0

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Oh awesome. I've had the doc pulled up but mainly for the boss weaknesses. That is pretty handy though. So those minds eye floating skulls correspond to Blazing Spirits?

Also there are so many mitamas! Gotta catch em all.

Edit: Anybody have any info on those Impure Objects that you pick up during a mission? So far I've picked up three. When you pick it up, the font is in red, and when the mission ends, it gets converted to a weapon. Do these weapons come out randomly of a certain selection? So far I've picked up shinobi knives, this yellow kusarigama with a red ball end, and these red gauntlets with a sky elemental attribute (auspicious manju), which I upgraded to yellow ones that have a poison attribute.

Wookieomg

Can someone link me to the main PSVita information thread here on Neogaf? I tried a google search but my google-fu is off today. Wanting to inquire about a couple of different sellers of 64GB Memory Cards that Amazon is using.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't know if this is related to the whole DMZ or not, but last night I've just experienced probably the most stable MP session of all time during my Toukiden gaming career. Almost 3-4 hours straight playing with someone jumping from phase 5 to 6, and then with numerous other people too.

Of course, there were few disconnections and error, but it's farn and few in-between.

Or maybe I was just lucky last night, huh.

LMN

Does anybody know where can I find "Elastic Band"? I already tried "Toukiden item search" web, but they doesn't have it.

Kaji

Guys need some help.

I'm looking for the mats for a tier 4 spear that I am assuming does sky damage. The cost will be 12100 in line with the other weapons, I'm guessing I'm missing one key piece that is preventing the recipe showing as I have all the mats for the sickle, bow and gauntlets of the same tier.

Any help would be awesome :)

CrovaxPSO

Guys need some help.

I'm looking for the mats for a tier 4 spear that I am assuming does sky damage. The cost will be 12100 in line with the other weapons, I'm guessing I'm missing one key piece that is preventing the recipe showing as I have all the mats for the sickle, bow and gauntlets of the same tier.

Any help would be awesome :)

Araraki Spear
530 attack, 50 sky

1 protective shell
1 true abyss drop
1 ripple drop
1 dewy thread

Seil

Thank man, from my record I only slain one so far, do you happen which age or mission its appear?

I'm only up to phase 3 right now, so dunno if there are better places, but the Phase 2 Earthfang mission should net you one(potentially more in the MP version). Alternates often work out that way. If you need 5 kills for a mission, you can usually kill 4 and go somewhere they previously spawned and have an alt.

LMN

I'm only up to phase 3 right now, so dunno if there are better places, but the Phase 2 Earthfang mission should net you one(potentially more in the MP version). Alternates often work out that way. If you need 5 kills for a mission, you can usually kill 4 and go somewhere they previously spawned and have an alt.

Thanks for the info, I will try it tmr

CrovaxPSO

Got a question about "post-game" weapons. Past rank 4 or 5, do you ever get new weapons from monster parts? Or is it all from upgrading earlier weapons and using Shikimi, and the affinity weapons?

Scher

Got a question about "post-game" weapons. Past rank 4 or 5, do you ever get new weapons from monster parts? Or is it all from upgrading earlier weapons and using Shikimi, and the affinity weapons?

Based off of what I've seen, higher ranked weapons appear to all be from upgrading lower rank weapons. Even with all the high rank monster materials I've gotten, I haven't seen any weapon past the Cimmerian weapons.

wilflare

I've been playing solo thus far and it's actually pretty awesome!

any of you on #TeamSword? I've been really tempted to switch to #TeamKnives

Superflat

Man, I'm pretty dumb. After I got weapons and armor to +9 i didn't even bother to see if they could be upgraded further. Checked it out an I totally could have a while ago =_=

Been killing oni with old ass weapons and gear.

Better late than never lol

Shengar

Can someone link me to the main PSVita information thread here on Neogaf? I tried a google search but my google-fu is off today. Wanting to inquire about a couple of different sellers of 64GB Memory Cards that Amazon is using.
Sorry for the late response, been out all day and can't do shit with mobile but reading.
Here
I've been playing solo thus far and it's actually pretty awesome!

any of you on #TeamSword? I've been really tempted to switch to #TeamKnives

The definitive way to fight against tall bosses is by using knives.

RalchAC

I'm trying to get 100% Crit for kusari-gama. Which mitama would you recommend? There's a unique mitama skill that increases the kusarigama Crit. Any idea how much Crit that gives?

There is a speed mitama which grants you some focus everytime you land a critical hit. That could be interesting... if you are using knives you'll be able to stay a whole fight mid-air?

Edit: Why the hell is my Tenko blue right now!?

wilflare

Full charged Cursed Arrows or two, then explode with a full charged normal shot. With some aiming the explosions will trigger each other and damage all the things, and you'll get about 20% weapon gauge for good measure.

It's the color of the last era you sent it to.

hmmm anyway to do it with the sword?

JimPanzer

I'm trying to get 100% Crit for kusari-gama. Which mitama would you recommend? There's a unique mitama skill that increases the kusarigama Crit. Any idea how much Crit that gives?

I don't think 100% passive crit is possible, as I see it, precision doesn't directly correspond to your crit chance (e.g. 50% precision =! 50% crit). There's that CIrcle-Skill of the ATK Mitama which gives you 100% for a limited amount of time though.

btw. is is possible to stack mitama skills? e.g. having atk+3 two times?

I don't think 100% passive crit is possible, as I see it, precision doesn't directly correspond to your crit chance (e.g. 50% precision =! 50% crit). There's that CIrcle-Skill of the ATK Mitama which gives you 100% for a limited amount of time though.

btw. is is possible to stack mitama skills? e.g. having atk+3 two times?

Yes.. You can stack mitama skills.

2x fast charge skill makes helluva difference for bows.

Shengar

I think I have found my Abe no Seimei replacement as my main SPT Mitama
2014-02-22-073726.jpg
Bye Abe no Seimei, nice knowing ya.
lol it depends on her passive skill in the end

Top Bottom