• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2016 |OT| Lead-out: EUROs / Autobus: Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

CmnCxtlXYAAdbaH.jpg:large

Remarkable

The daily Belgian Euro 2016 talkshow got hijacked by the Tour yesterday, suddenly no one cares about football anymore here heh.

Shame Nibali lost so much time yeaterday, I had hoped it would place in the top 5, now the top 10 is gone.

It looked like he didn't care about losing time as opposed to not having the legs. I am sure he could have fought to stay with the main guys if he wanted to, but then he wouldn't be fresh for some of the bigger stages to help Aru.

bjaelke

Daniel Benson ‏@dnlbenson
Tinkoff not happy with Roman K's ride. He was apparently told several times to wait for Contador but didn't.
With Oleg leaving the sport next season all the riders are looking to land a contract with another team. Even if that means riding alone this tour and dropping Contador.

Ruruja

With Oleg leaving the sport next season all the riders are looking to land a contract with another team. Even if that means riding alone this tour and dropping Contador.

"I don't follow team orders, please hire me."

Cavendish wins! What a duel!

I almost posted Cav, Kittel, McLay as my top 3 before too. :(

I have a feeling this could be a day for Nibali to try and claim a win.

All depends what pace Sky/Movistar try to set for the Aspin. I don't expect Astana to try and lead it,

If the pace is fast then Nibs will drop back and conserve energy for the next two days, but if it is an easy pace then I am sure he will try and go for the win on the descent.

BTW, does anyone know when was the last tour to have the Tourmalet, Colombier, and Mont Ventoux?

Those are three of my favourite climbs in France, but I am not sure if I have ever seen them all in the same tour.

Nibs is in the break, a bit surprised by that as I doubt it is a case of sending him up the road for Aru

Fair play for GVA going in the break.

I feel Nibali has a great chance for the win now, with guys like Cancellara and Martin in there then they are not gonna be caught before the the Aspin

Astana sent a second man into the break, I guess they are really hoping for a Nibali win today. Maybe give him a stage and then let him work for Aru.

LayLa

Omg flamme rouge is punctured, that's a new one. Also noticed quite a bit of FREXIT graffiti on the road today.

Poor Yates, out in from of the peleton and all of a sudden on the ground with facial injuries. Though there is some suggestion that they may take the gaps at 3km so it's a bit like when then stop for a train.

Ruruja

Poor Yates, out in from of the peleton and all of a sudden on the ground with facial injuries. Though there is some suggestion that they may take the gaps at 3km so it's a bit like when then stop for a train.

What, how did he get injured? From the flamme rouge or hitting another cyclist when they stopped?

EDIT: wow, from the flamme rouge, how unlucky can you be.

As for the result, it's so bonkers how well Brits do at the TDF nowadays that this doesn't feel super special, even though it should!

Also, it looks like they accepted Yates had attacked before the banner incident and he's been moved up to 2nd in GC and 1st in Young Riders.

Amazing video of Flamme Rouge collapse right in front of Yates!. A couple of seconds either way and he'd have been fine.

What, how did he get injured? From the flamme rouge or hitting another cyclist when they stopped?

EDIT: wow, from the flamme rouge, how unlucky can you be.

As for the result, it's so bonkers how well Brits do at the TDF nowadays that this doesn't feel super special, even though it should!

Also, it looks like they accepted Yates had attacked before the banner incident and he's been moved up to 2nd in GC and 1st in Young Riders.

Same with Australian riders. I think part of it is the close relationship between Sky and the National team just like between Orica and the Aussie National team. It's no surprise the 2 best track teams in the world are starting to leverage that success on the road professionally.

Ruruja

Clearly an Alaphilippe super-fan who didn't want Yates stealing the white jersey.

Today's stage should be exciting, lots of mountains!

Also Contador has signed for Trek Segafredo for next season (I thought he was retiring?).

bjaelke

PROFIL.png

Clearly an Alaphilippe super-fan who didn't want Yates stealing the white jersey.

Today's stage should be exciting, lots of mountains!

Also Contador has signed for Trek Segafredo for next season (I thought he was retiring?).
He said there was one year left in him. The rumour up until now was that he was planning to form a new team and captain it for a year.

What a beast of a day. Really looking forward to it.

I feel like this could be a day for Valverde if he has the legs to stay with the top guys over the final climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom