• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2016 |OT| Lead-out: EUROs / Autobus: Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
/unhides from behind my pillow. That was a phenomenal descent.

I think that may be the best ride of his career. I know people are skeptical of Team Sky, but hard to cry foul when you go downhill :D

That was beautiful. A few years ago he was too cautious and opponents thought they would be able to take a few seconds every time they would go down. Today he had like, 20 meters ahead of Quintana and he just went and took the seconds from them. Crazy technique.

Quite the descent from Froome. What I don't like is the complete inability of everyone else to respond. It's like all the riders were paralysed, waiting for mother base to give permission to chase.

teepo

that was absolutely ridiculous. much respect to team sky and froome, brilliant.

i need to watch the replay because i don't think quintana even managed to take a sip of his water

Joni

Froome going for the most aggressive rider prize.

Can do better. A cyclocross guy once tried to kick a spectator.

nb1912wellens.jpg

And there is of course the all time move of COntador and his hatred of selfie sticks.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/sporten/v-wielrennen/Giro/1.2349401

bjaelke

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Code:
    Km 19.0 - Port de la Bonaigua (2 072 m)13.7 kilometre-long climb at 6.1% - category 1
    Km 87.5 - Port del Cantò (1 721 m)19 kilometre-long climb at 5.4% - category 1
    Km 143.0 - Côte de la Comella (1 347 m)4.2 kilometre-long climb at 8.2% - category 2
    Km 157.0 - Col de Beixalis (1 796 m) (CS210-CS310)6.4 kilometre-long climb at 8.5% - category 1
    Km 184.5 - ANDORRE ARCALIS (2 240m)10.1 kilometre-long climb at 7.2% - category H
TV coverage of the entire stage today.

Ruruja

There's too much sport on today, I'm gonna have so many browser windows open later.

First MTF, should be interesting to see if Froome took too much out of himself yesterday.

Fuck :( Guess he'll just have to win the Vuelta.

And I'm still fuming about Nairo/Movistar yesterday peeling off at the top of the descent yesterday. What a bunch of damn dopes. Don't think it'll make a huge difference but still. Come on.

And I'm still fuming about Nairo/Movistar yesterday peeling off at the top of the descent yesterday. What a bunch of damn dopes. Don't think it'll make a huge difference but still. Come on.

Come on man. Froome is the best of the world. Not easy to counter that. He was pedaling like a madman in a decent

NO ONE expected Froome to do that. You could see Nairo grab a bottle, then look back and have an "OH FUCK" moment.

A commentator said it well; Team Sky has effectively bought themselves an entire team of captains, and in doing so also made the remaining competition less.

Ruruja

Don't think I've seen Quintana ride without sunglasses on. Looks a little more tired than usual, though that might just be because I can see his eyes.

And they can use this secret technique.

Haha, I always thought Froome vs Quintana looked like that guy vs the main character in Yowamushi Pedal.

I really wonder what it's going to take to break Froome in the mountains. The only thing I can think of is a team is going to have to just go for it and blow up the sky train. They seem to always get out front and slow things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom