• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us: "Buy 2 games, get 1 free" deal

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
UPDATED INFO ON THE DEAL (CONFIRMED)

jetsetmario said:
TRU BTGO 10/24. Ad Confirmation.

Buy two get one free on all PS2, GC, and XBOX games. GBA games are not included in this deal. This is the real deal. I have seen the ad for myself and can confirm this. For any other TRU employee's wanting to check up on this it is ROTO G in your MAP initiatives.

OLD INFO, READ ABOVE

source: ShinAkuma (cag)

First off, I work at a TRU in Wisconsin. I very much know this to be true, coming from my manager, k?

Well, Nintendo Gamecube and Gameboy Advance is the week of October 17th.

Playstation 2 and XBox is the week of October 24th.

You can mix and match between the games for the systems on sale that week. So, you can mix and match PS2 and XBox, or GBA and Gamecube, but no PS2 and Gamecube or XBox and GBA, sadly.

Although, for some reason, our store calander for the month that we display entrance only mentions it being the week October 24th (stating no specific systems). However, that little store calandar has been wrong before. After all, it says Def Jam Fight for NY is out next week...

But once again, i've been reassured 2 days in a row now this will be the schedule. Enjoy your chance to get a free copy of GTA San Andreas!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cool, might have to take a trip and see what they have. I'm on the hunt for REmake, RE2, RE3 and Code: Veronica. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror is out that week. Ooh, Paper Mario will be out by then too. Probably a bunch of other older games I'd like to grab as well.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Dan said:
Cool, might have to take a trip and see what they have. I'm on the hunt for REmake, RE2, RE3 and Code: Veronica. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror is out that week. Ooh, Paper Mario will be out by then too. Probably a bunch of other older games I'd like to grab as well.

Don't forget the buy and swap.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot does this work on accessories? i.e.

Paper mario 2 + Pokemon Green + extra DK bongos?

I wouls guess no :(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
RevenantKioku said:
Don't forget the buy and swap.
Nah, I don't care enough to spend the time and energy on manipulating store policies. Besides, it's just dirty.

I was hoping the rumors were true, and I've saved my money for this. Awesome news.

Hopefully this is true as far as including GBA games. That would be a first for the TRU sale, correct?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Man... *sigh*
I'm going to try to hit the PS2 one up.

GTA:SA + Shin Megami Tensei III = ...something.

Drek

Sp3eD said:
fucking retarded. I wanted to mix a GC game with my Xbox 2.
Buy three Xbox/PS2 games. Ask for individual gift reciepts (emphasize gift reciepts). Return any individual unopened game you want for a game equal in MSRP.

BADABING.

Drek

Damn Lambtron! Thats right, I'm almost gonna miss out on MegaTen. How crazy was I.

Where in hell am I going to get all of this money? Time to make like JC from Deus Ex and hack me some ATMs. I need credits!

Fifty

I love Canada. Wait, I don't. We have tons of TRU locations, but we're never involved in these deals.

I don't know why they aren't limiting it to only certain titles. If they excluded the bestsellers...they'd still get people in with the deal, and they'd clear stock, but they wouldn't lose as much money on the hot titles.

Link316

Banned
Drek said:
Buy three Xbox/PS2 games. Ask for individual gift reciepts (emphasize gift reciepts). Return any individual unopened game you want for a game equal in MSRP.

BADABING.

I've read they're gonna put a stop to that this year

cvxfreak

captainbiotch said:
Might have to go get Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and Donkey Konga. This winter is gonna be Nintendo overload for me...

Hey, thanks. I'll get all three of those.

I hope I could go to TRU the first day of the sale because they always run out of good games.

AniHawk

Paper Mario 2
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2 (There's no excuse left for me NOT to get these games anymore)

SMT:N (if it's there)
SH:Covenant (...If it's there)
Phantom Brave (..........If it's there)

Taiko: Drum Master would prolly replace one of those though. A grand total of about $200 for 6 games.

Hmm.. I might not do this after all. I'll probably get a whole lot more mileage out of Game Rush.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Mrbob said:
Damn. When are you gonna find the time to play them all?

Heh. That's a damn good question. I still have games from the last TRU 3-4-2 deal that I haven't played!!! But it won't stop me from participating in this deal. I'm probably not going to buy any of the new consoles until they have been out for at least a year so I figure that will give me some time to catch up.

atomsk

Party Pooper
well shit. i suppose they'll tell me all about this when i go into work today.

if any of you bastards try to make my job harder with the swap trick, i'll say GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR

I SAID GOOD DAY

Hooker

scola said:
I forgot does this work on accessories? i.e.

Paper mario 2 + Pokemon Green + extra DK bongos?

I wouls guess no :(
Why not get the game again. Keep the bongo's and sell the extra disc

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Hooker said:
Why not get the game again. Keep the bongo's and sell the extra disc

now how exactly would you sell the game without the bongo's? That is the whole POINT of the game :)

Let´s see...

Paper Mario 2
Tales of Symphonia

and...

what else of interest is coming out for GC in the upcoming weeks?

Ooooh, Alien Hominid. Although that´s $30. Donkey Konga might be worth it, even if I´ve never follow music games closely. Plus I gotta be prepared for Jungle Beat. :D

My PS2 selection will have to wait because it´s much more complicated as it involves many, many games. :p

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sp3eD said:
now how exactly would you sell the game without the bongo's? That is the whole POINT of the game :)
Actually no one will take the bongos afaik. Gamestop doesn't.

That theory would be nice, but they probably don't inlude that game since it comes with the peripheral. if it does then that is cool. But I doubt it.

border

Sweet!

Neo Contra + Alien Hominid + ?????

Anyone want to recommend a third game? I'd like something kind of old-school or at least kinda quirky, and preferably less than $39.99. No Gradius, RPGs or adventure games please.

Is the upcoming Ape Escape game supposed to be any good?

I don't know if TRU has the older titles in stock but an awesome idea would be:

Time Crisis 3 (w/ gun) + Crisis Zone (w/ gun) + third light gun game (TC2)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Does TRU price match?

Could i get Donkey Konga + Alien Hominid and Pikmin 2 for free? Or does the purchase have to be the two games with the higher retail to get the third of lesser value free?

Jumpman

I've been holding off on buying certain games all year in anticipation of this deal. It's not like I was short on games to play (with my huge backlog), so I held off until now. I'm gonna save a whole bunch of money when you factor in the lower-than-launch prices of most of those games and then combine it with the 3 for 2 deal. :D I can't wait!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
deadlifter said:
Does TRU price match?

Could i get Donkey Konga + Alien Hominid and Pikmin 2 for free? Or does the purchase have to be the two games with the higher retail to get the third of lesser value free?

No matter what order you scan the games into the register, it will always take off the cheapest price one. That prevents people from buying 2 $10 games and getting a $50 one free.

atomsk

Party Pooper
damn, so I just find out durin the nintendo week, there's gonna be an 'employee shop night' which means in addition to buy 2 get 1, I get shit 30% off!!

and here I swore off buying any more games this fall. motherfucker.

oh, and they're thinkin of making me rzone world leader, and I've only been here since. june. haha

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
iirc, last year i was able to do the deal, keep a game i didnt want unopened, then later exchange it for another game that came out later...

shouldnt that work again? you guys shouldnt have a problem mixing gc and ps2 games then... right?

i'll hopefully get (when all is said and done) - paper mario 2, alien hominid (gc), and san andreas

Top Bottom