• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free: What Did You Score?

dark10x said:
So, again, is GTA-SA already available at TRU?

Yes. Their systems had it listed as a Thursday release (w/ a Friday receipt date), so that's the reason for the confusion. They normally get games the day after they are shipped.

Meier

So myself, Striker Obi and Agent Dormer just went to the local TRU and tried to pick up 2 copies of SA and have our free game be SA since it said nowhere on their advertisement that this was not acceptable.. but they wouldn't do it. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB.

Meier said:
So myself, Striker Obi and Agent Dormer just went to the local TRU and tried to pick up 2 copies of SA and have our free game be SA since it said nowhere on their advertisement that this was not acceptable.. but they wouldn't do it. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB.

tell them that if they don't let you do it, you'll blow up their store.

anyone pick up Bard's Tale yet? I've been waiting to hear some impressions but if it turns out good i'll pick it up with this deal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back from TRU

Picked up:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
OutRun 2
Ace Combat 5

I decided against the RPGs, mainly because my time is limited from school work and I'm already very much into a heavy duty RPG in Shin Megami Tensei.

Carm

Went to Best Buy(thankfully they matched the b2g1f) this morning since TRU still doesn't have Otogi 2. Picked up:

GTA:SA
Paper Mario
Star Wars Battlefront

Otogi 2
Outrun 2
Sly 2

I might take back SW:BF and exchange it for DOA:U when they get it in though, not sure yet.

Ristamar

Galanthas said:
Went to Best Buy(thankfully they matched the b2g1f) this morning since TRU still doesn't have Otogi 2. Picked up:

Paper Mario
Star Wars Battlefront

Otogi 2
Outrun 2
Sly 2

I might take back SW:BF and exchange it for DOA:U when they get it in though, not sure yet.

Oh shit, I didn't even think BestBuy would price match the TRU offer. Fuck, now I have to go to BestBuy tonight.

Carm

Ristamar said:
Oh shit, I didn't even think BestBuy would price match the TRU offer. Fuck, now I have to go to BestBuy tonight.

The closer BB to me are real dicks about price matching and similar things and won't do it a lot of the time. They give you that look like your stealing from them when you ask for one. This particular BB had really friendly workers, helpful ones too. The Circuit City I went to yesterday wouldn't match it because it says "while supplies last" heh, they are usually pretty good about matches though.

Future

----------
Is DOA:U or Taiko Drum Master out at TRU yet? Thanks for any info...
----------

Dude at TRU told me they should have had it, but didn't when I went there earlier today. :(. Grabbed GTA:SA with 2 other games just cuz I'm afraid GTA will sell out, but I'm callin back tomorrow to see if I can get DoA in the deal

GTA: San Andreas x2
Ace Combat V

I just got back but I think I'm going to go back and see if I can't exchage one of the GTA:SA for Nocturne or something.

Beezy

I live in the Bronx and just came back from TRU with my friends. I told them about the deal and we decided to put our money together to get 5 GTA's and Donkey Konga(I don't have a PS2), so we would all end up paying about $33 each. Problem is that I'm 16 and the rest are 17, so they wouldn't sell GTA:SA to us. One of my friends ended up calling his father to come buy the games for us. It took him about 15 minutes of arguing with the manager, but he got everything. Donkey Konga and 5 copies of GTA:SA for $200. :D

Dave Long

Banned
Meier said:

Since they don't have magazines, did you knock down the strategy guide rack too?

TKM

Ace Combat V
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

GTA:SA, Outrun 2 and Neo Contra. Wanted Ace Combat, but they didn't have it. Stupid southern state. Best Buy did, but wouldn't match.

Looks like I'm heading back for DoA, AC and Bard's Tale Friday.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Made my third trip today. My final tally for the sale:

Paper Mario 2
Pikmin 2
Donkey Konga

Pokemon Colloseum
Megaman X Command Mission
Def Jam: Fight For NY

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus
Custom Robo

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
WWE Day of Reckoning
King of Fighters Maximum Impact

Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves
Silent Hill 4
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (for a friend)

They didn't have DOAU or Ace Combat 5.

I went there today intent on getting Kingdom Under Fire, Ace Combat 5, and Dead or Alive Ultimate. The bastards lied to me on the phone when they said DOAU arrived. I don't think any of the stores got it yet. If it's not there tomorrow, I'll just replace DOAU with Shadow Hearts or GTA.

Priz

Short on cash, so made my first trip today. Picked up GTA:SA, SMT: Nocturne and Paper Mario. I was torn on my third game as there's a handful of stuff I'd like to get, but they didn't have it. So it was a toss up between Paper Mario or Tales of Symphonia. Never had a N64 so never played the original PM... haven't played any previous Tales games either.

Personally, I'd REALLY like to get Taiko Drum Master as part of this deal, but I doubt TRU will stock that. Is there something better than Paper Mario in the $49.99 range I should've picked up instead?

FnordChan

Victory!

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Burnout 3: Takedown

I dropped by on Saturday to scope out the sale and saw that my TRU had a single copy of SMT:Nocture in stock. And, despite my fears that someone was going to snag it before the release of San Andreas, it was sitting there waiting for me this afternoon. Woo!

FnordChan

Argyle

SMT:Nocturne
Outrun 2
Tales of Symphonia

-Tales of Symphonia
Ace Combat 5
Hot Shots Golf Fore

GTA:SA (for a friend)
Paper Mario 2 (for a friend)
Shadow Hearts Covenant (likely trade fodder for DOAU)

Anyone know when they're getting DOAU or Taiko?

TRU by me had a whole wall of Taiko today. They also had Druaga! But I didn't buy it, since I had a bunch of credit at Gamestop from trading in my PS2, so I preordered it there. And guess what? Gamestop didn't get my copy in! Never shopping there again.

kiryogi

Banned
On Monday:

50$ games

Paper Mario 2 (with best seller tag D: )
Pikmin 2
Pokemon Colloseum (I might have gotten Donkey Konga instead so I could get an extra bongo to use, but don't care for US DKonga since I just ordered 1+2 import bundle XD But I've eyed Pokemon for awhile, and hell, I look forward to battling my Sapphire owning friend later )

20$ games

Kirby's Air Ride
Fzero GX
Billy Hatcher (Finally too! Last yuear i got it for the full price but returned it for something else, but this time, it has a permanent home :D)

I already opened Pokemon Coll. so any thoughts to have returned it for Prime 2 or something are out the window, since Pikmin 2 and Paper mario 2 are must keeps. But I must say, Pokemon Coll. is pretty sweet minus the missing box options. I also wanted to get Sims Bustin' out since its 20$, but at the time I realized Id need another memory card D: (So on tues, I went out and bought puyo pop fever and a 1019 at gamestop) I might go back for sims and something else but thats about it. You stole 150$ from me this year TRUS! Whelp, another 7 GC games to the library.

Jumpman

I went back yesterday morning and picked up:

Ace Combat 5
Donkey Konga

I think I'm gonna go back and by some placeholder $50 games to trade for some of the big November releases. Theres just so many of them.

Halo 2 11/8
Mario Tennis 11/8
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 11/17
MGS3 11/17
Baten Kaitos 11/16
Viewtiful Joe 2 11/18
NFS:U 2 11/15
Goldeneye 2 11/17
POP 2 11/30

Just to name a few. My backlog is becoming more powerful every day. I complete 15 games and then promptly buy 20 more in their place. It really is getting bad. I could cease all non-videogame-playing activities for a year, and still not finish the games I have right now.

AniHawk said:
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Grand Theft Auto: SA (Free)

*No third game*

How does that work?

Mumbles

Last Sunday:

Pikmin 2
Paper mario: Door of whatever.
Tony Hawk Underground 2.

Well, I already had SMT.

I'm hoping they get Ace Combat 5 and Nightmare of Druga in, so I can get Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
edit: and on visit 2, I picked up Nightmare of Druaga, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and Ace Combat 5.

I'm considering a third run, since I get paid tomorrow. Not that I'll be able to play all of these games. I haven't even beaten Shadow Hearts 1 yet.

sasimirobot

Order Grand Total: $513.35 !!

Game Boy Advance SP- Onyx"-2

"Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour"

"Pac Man World 2 Bundle"-w/Pac Man Vs.

"GameCube Controller- Jet (Black)"-2

"GameCube WaveBird Controller- Grey"

"GameCube Memory Card 251"

"Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with BONUS GameCube/GBA Link Cable"

"WarioWare, Inc: Mega Party Game$"

"The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures"

"Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door"

"Metroid Prime 2: Echoes"

The most I have ever spent online. Some Burmese refugee stole my gamecube about 5 months ago so I got to start from scratch. Thanks GAF for the heads up!

User 406

Banned
So far, I got:

Grand Theft Auto :San Andreas
Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Armored Core Nexus
Phantom Brave
Bloodrayne 2

Not bad for $200, I'll probably get over a thousand hours of gameplay out of these games alone.

Might stop by tomorrow or Saturday and see if they've got Nightmare of Druaga in. If they do, possible additional acquisitions will be Bloody Roar 4, Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance, or Mojo.

shoplifter

Sea Manky said:
Might stop by tomorrow or Saturday and see if they've got Nightmare of Druaga in. If they do, possible additional acquisitions will be Bloody Roar 4, Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance, or Mojo.

Pretty sure that Mojo is only $5 already. (with the green tag and all)

Matlock

Banned
Sea Manky said:

Mojo fucking sucks. Controls are unresponsive, gameplay is meh, soundtrack is bland, and above all, there's better shit elsewhere.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
swapped paper mario for san andreas. tru didn't hassle me at all. would've rather had otogi 2, but i can live with this.

Jumpman

drohne said:
swapped paper mario for san andreas. tru didn't hassle me at all. would've rather had otogi 2, but i can live with this.

Did you have a gift reciept, or just a normal one? What TRU was this at?

Priz

Priz said:
Short on cash, so made my first trip today. Picked up GTA:SA, SMT: Nocturne and Paper Mario. I was torn on my third game as there's a handful of stuff I'd like to get, but they didn't have it. So it was a toss up between Paper Mario or Tales of Symphonia. Never had a N64 so never played the original PM... haven't played any previous Tales games either.

Personally, I'd REALLY like to get Taiko Drum Master as part of this deal, but I doubt TRU will stock that. Is there something better than Paper Mario in the $49.99 range I should've picked up instead?

Someone on IRC gave me the heads up that the local TRU to my house got in a stack of Taiko, so I took back Paper Mario and traded it for Taiko. Paid the $10.38 difference.

Dracos

Went again today and picked Taiko Drum, GTA: SA, and Ace Combat 5. They had Druaga and Bard's Tale as well, but no DOA:Ultimate.

I've done returns with and without a gift receipt. Much easier with one, but if you're nice and just ask for a straight exchange they'll do it without.

LightningZero5 said:
I just got two Dead or Alive Ultimates and Ace Combat 5 today. =) DOA took awhile...

damn im still waiting for my damn toys r us to get doa u

if they dont get it tomorrow im just gonna buy some other stuff

Top Bottom