• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 |OT| - The Wizard, Knight, and Rogue Adventure Once More

Man I hope steam doesn't screw me on this. I preordered it, have the beta installed but there is no "Trine 2 Preorder" in my library and if I go to the store page to buy it "Purchase for myself" isn't greyed out.

Yeah, when I pre-ordered it showed up as Trine 2 Beta in my library. I gifted it to my wife and had the same thing happen when purchasing which had me a bit concerned. Maybe they'll just update the beta client to retail?

Yeah I want to play co-op with people on Steam, if possible! No one I know is getting the game. :(

I could always use more Steam friends. What's your Steam ID? I'll add you for some co-op.

Labadal

I checked what it said in my STEAM library and it says trine 2 Beta, but when I browse the Trine 2 page, it says I already own it. No problems here.

Labadal

Anyone else have trouble installing? "Steam servers too busy" is what I get. Tried for the last 30-40 minutes now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This thread prompted me to begin playing the original earlier, and it certainly is a visually stunning, charming game.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wow, I could've sworn this was out next year. I loved the first game, will pick this one up for sure.

AEREC

I will have to pull myself away from Skyrim to play this tonight...love the art in this game though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish publishers would release their games outside of this holiday window more often. I've got way too many games to play right now, so there's no way I'm buying Trine at it's launch, especially when there is a strong possibility it will see some kind of discount during the Steam holiday sale.

I really wish publishers would release their games outside of this holiday window more often. I've got way too many games to play right now, so there's no way I'm buying Trine at it's launch, especially when there is a strong possibility it will see some kind of discount during the Steam holiday sale.

Or you could support the developers and purchase the game for the pretty damn fair full price at release date regardless of future sales, if you want to play it? I don't mind it at all.

Famassu

PC/Mac - 12/7/2011 (Preorder on Steam) | XBLA - 12/21/2011 | NA PSN - 12/20/2011 | EU PSN - TBD | Linux - TBD 2012
FUCK YOU ATLUS. This is a Finnish game, why isn't this being released in Europe at the same time. >: ( I hate US publishers for this BS with European developed games.

Mrbob

I got two free TF2 items for pre order I should be able to turn around and profit off of. :D

Volcynika

The game will not be on sale during the Steam Holiday Sale.

Someone posted it in an earlier Trine 2 thread I think.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Or you could support the developers and purchase the game for the pretty damn fair full price at release date regardless of future sales, if you want to play it? I don't mind it at all.

I'd love to give them full price, but I won't get around to playing it until I finish up a bunch of other huge holiday releases that came out first. Same story with Serious Sam 3 and Rayman Origins. These are all games I'm really interested in, and would be day-one purchases if they came out during a time of the year that wasn't jam-packed with major releases.

That still doesn't mean I won't take advantage of a sale if one comes around before I am ready to play the game.

hiverbon

Neo Member
For those of you still seeing "Trine 2 Beta" - restart steam. I just did that and the beta disappeared with the uninstalled Trine 2 in its place.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll buy this over the weekend. It's too pretty to pass on. I still haven't played Trine 1 despite owning it, lol.

-SD-

Banned
Really enjoying Trine 2, so far. It's like you're in a fairy tale.

Such attention to details: the way the characters react to their surroundings via natural looking animations designed for each occasion, the way fire sounds when blocked with an object, the reflections on water bubbles and so on...

Water is amazing. This feeble GIF does not do it justice.

trine2_water6orje.gif

Really enjoying Trine 2, so far. It's like you're in a fairy tale.

Such attention to details: the way the characters react to their surroundings via natural looking animations designed for each occasion, the way fire sounds when blocked with an object, the reflections on water bubbles and so on...

Water is amazing. This feeble GIF does not do it justice.

trine2_water6orje.gif

Wow...that water looks amazing

Orcastar

FUCK YOU ATLUS. This is a Finnish game, why isn't this being released in Europe at the same time. >: ( I hate US publishers for this BS with European developed games.
Came here to post this.

The game itself looks amazing though. Day one for me, whenever that might be...

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
I'm really enjoying this! The details are great, as is the music which really enhances the experience. Haven't tried the co-op though, guess I'm going to finish it solo..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It was fine on both control methods. I stuck with controller most of the time so I could sit back in my chair.

Cool, thanks guys. It's been sitting in my backlog for a long time now, but this gives me a good reason to boot it up. The PC shots I've seen are just incredible, if the rest of the game looks that good it'll be up there with Rayman and The Witcher 2 as the prettiest game of the year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The game will not be on sale during the Steam Holiday Sale.

Someone posted it in an earlier Trine 2 thread I think.

Did this come from FrozenByte or is it just an assumption based on the game's proximity to the Christmas sale?

Edit: Just noticed that the statement in question has been posted on the first page. I'll buy the game now, then.

Edit 2: Wait, Trine 2 is on my Wishlist. Who knows, maybe I'll win it. :p

-SD-

Banned
Antialiasing, graphics detail levels, performance and 3D Vision guide.

http://uk.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/trine-2-stunning-3d-vision-ready-sequel-launches-on-steam

Going to try this out now:

NVIDIA said:
Some gamers, however, find FXAA abhorrent, regardless of the quality of its implementation, simply because of the ‘blur’ that the technique applies, which by design reduces the sharpness of a game’s graphics to tackle the aforementioned aliasing. To disable its use in Trine 2 open %APPDATA%/Trine2/options.txt and change setOption(renderingModule, "PostProcessAntiAliasing", true) to setOption(renderingModule, "PostProcessAntiAliasing", false).

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer

Famassu,

The European PlayStation®Network release is not necessary delayed; it is perfectly possible it will launch at the same time. We're simply unable to announce a specific date until we have all necessary approvals.

Labadal

Famassu,

The European PlayStation®Network release is not necessary delayed; it is perfectly possible it will launch at the same time. We're simply unable to announce a specific date until we have all necessary approvals.

I hope so. I might get the PS3 version for local co-op. My friends will kill me when they find out I have the game on PC and playing without them.

Top Bottom