• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 |OT| - The Wizard, Knight, and Rogue Adventure Once More

Does the game have 2-player online co-op? If so, how does that work?
Up to 3 player online - with 2 if you choose Thief and your friend is the Knight, then the Wizard is unused until say your friend switches to him, this would then free up the Knight for you to switch into.

wutwutwut

Up to 3 player online - with 2 if you choose Thief and your friend is the Knight, then the Wizard is unused until say your friend switches to him, this would then free up the Knight for you to switch into.
OK, that makes sense, thanks. Might pick up a couple of copies.

Fireflu

Demo includes the introductory levels of the wizard, knight and thief. As well as the first full level with the complete team.

Also, this is the most beautiful god damned game I have ever played in my life... sweet jesus.

wutwutwut

Demo includes the introductory levels of the wizard, knight and thief. As well as the first full level with the complete team.

Also, this is the most beautiful god damned game I have ever played in my life... sweet jesus.

Holy shit yeah. Incredible.

Salaadin

Just started this today. Not only is it gorgeous but the music and level design so far is just great. I see they also have the same lightly humorous banter between the characters like they did in the first. Im loving it.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Just played through the demo that was leaked early on XBLA, and it left me almost speechless. What an amazing surprise at the end of an already great year.

The game looks stunning. I think it might actually be one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen. I spent a fair amount of time just standing in each area looking at every detail of every scene. The puzzles are great, and the whole thing just feels really nice and polished. It's clearly a labour of love. I never got around to playing Trine 1 but I certainly will make the effort now.

What started out as a curiosity is now a day one purchase for me, and I think it may well enter my top five, maybe even top three games of the year.

This game should be a pack in for Nvidia's 3d vision kit. Seriously it's proper science fiction. The game is beautiful as it is, but when you seperate all the objects, detail and colour out with stereo depth...As much as I want to shout about it from the rooftops, I don't really want to show this running in 3d to my gamer friends because it's devistating.

Nyx

Saw the Giantbomb quicklook only this morning, will definitely buy this on Wednesday on XBLA.

Looks so good !

-SD-

Banned
PS3 Europe version in January: http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=17591#p17591

FB_Lauri said:
For European release this year seems now unlikely due reasons out of our control.

Message from Frozenbyte to European PS3 crowd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HGSk2-oX28

Also, it looks like that Frozenbyte won't make Trine 3 next: http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=16728#p16728

FB_Lauri said:
I think Trine 3 isn't our next big game. It's refreshing to do something completely new, and we are also very happy with Trine 2, so I think we have much more to give in some other genres. :D

But don't worry, Trine will always be the franchise which boosted us to the sky, and we will never forget it completely. :)

eshwaaz

Seriously. I never played the first Trine, so I didn't know what to expect. When the intro screen came up, my jaw dropped. Then I started the actual game, and it looked just as breathtaking. Good Lord.

soldat7

Played through the 360 demo. An absolute joy to watch and play. Will try on PS3 once it downloads. I'd prefer to buy on PS3 unless it's better on 360, for some strange reason.

This should be getting more hype!

soldat7

Not sure which is the better version between the two consoles. They both play really well and look great. Trine 2 is 1080p on PS3, but not sure on 360. Gonna go with PS3 to match Trine 1, but 360 is still amazing. Would love to see a detailed analysis at some point, but Trine 2 seems already forgotten. :(

Jtrizzy

This game is mind blowing on PC, especially in 3D.

Not sure which is the better version between the two consoles. They both play really well and look great. Trine 2 is 1080p on PS3, but not sure on 360. Gonna go with PS3 to match Trine 1, but 360 is still amazing. Would love to see a detailed analysis at some point, but Trine 2 seems already forgotten. :(

Is there not a demo on the 360 you can compare it to?

bryehn

Is there a consensus on which version to get (PS3/360)? I have 1 on PS3, but have a feeling it may perform better on 360.

S1kkZ

Is there a consensus on which version to get (PS3/360)? I have 1 on PS3, but have a feeling it may perform better on 360.

i played both demos: both have no tearing and no framerate issues. 360 version is a tiny bit sharper. i got the 360 version and its running fine so far (and it looks stunning).

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
LOVED the demo last night!!! Gonna buy the full version tonite. Oh and if youre a trophy whore like me this game has probably the easiest list ever...and it has a platinum too!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
LOVED the demo last night!!! Gonna buy the full version tonite. Oh and if youre a trophy whore like me this game has probably the easiest list ever...and it has a platinum too!

Shit. Just read the Trophy list, you can get the Platinum without even finishing the game LOL! Damn, I think that shit is smart. Get Trophy whores to purchase your game for the trophies alone. Hell, I remember that Trine one had a few somewhat challenging trophies, that's one of the few Platinums on my list.

Hearing that and learning that this game has two player local co-op may be enough for me to try. This may be a lot of fun for my wife and I to play over Christmas break.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Shit. Just read the Trophy list, you can get the Platinum without even finishing the game LOL! Damn, I think that shit is smart. Get Trophy whores to purchase your game for the trophies alone. Hell, I remember that Trine one had a few somewhat challenging trophies, that's one of the few Platinums on my list.

Hearing that and learning that this game has two player local co-op may be enough for me to try. This may be a lot of fun for my wife and I to play over Christmas break.

Im enjoying it alot so far, and im just playing solo. The game is excellent, and an easy platinum is just icing on the cake!!! Heck, you can get two of the trophies right on the main menu before you even press start...hahaha. Ive only done two levels, and im at 47% already. :)

soldat7

i played both demos: both have no tearing and no framerate issues. 360 version is a tiny bit sharper. i got the 360 version and its running fine so far (and it looks stunning).

I've been running both demos on my TV, switching back and forth for about an hour now. Both are fantastic with the only real difference being what I think is more bloom on the PS3 version. This can be both a blessing and a curse, IMO.

I've found a few instances where some of the texturing and/or lighting is different from one to the other, but nothing that would seem to favor either version. Again, both versions seem to run without hiccup and look very, very good with the sole difference (that I've found anyway) being the heavier bloom on the PS3 version. I'd welcome a much closer investigation!

BeeDog

I've been running both demos on my TV, switching back and forth for about an hour now. Both are fantastic with the only real difference being what I think is more bloom on the PS3 version. This can be both a blessing and a curse, IMO.

I've found a few instances where some of the texturing and/or lighting is different from one to the other, but nothing that would seem to favor either version. Again, both versions seem to run without hiccup and look very, very good with the sole difference (that I've found anyway) being the heavier bloom on the PS3 version. I'd welcome a much closer investigation!

Thanks for the tech impressions, sounds good. Will probably grab the game on PS3 then, since I have the first part there.

question before purchase

i played the demo last night with my girlfriend, who is not an experienced gamer. we did pretty ok (she likes zoya so i did most of the work as amadeus and pontius) and she seemed to like it but said she wasn't sure she'd play a whole game like that since it "probably gets a lot faster".

my question is, do later levels start asking a lot more from you in terms of timing jumps/switching characters constantly/etc?

tl;dr - is the game playable with my inexperienced girlfriend if she plays as zoya 90% of the time?

-SD-

Banned
The game starts gradually getting more and more challenging as you progress. It does not happen too fast, though.

Why not just play and see how it goes?

The game starts gradually getting more and more challenging as you progress. It does not happen too fast, though.

Why not just play and see how it goes?
because i don't want to throw $15 at a game i might not finish when i have others waiting for me? if its something she'll get tired of because of difficulty i'll just wait to buy it on sale later. it just seems like a good game for players of varying skill since it's designed to be possible even for one person.

Been hooked on this game since Christmas. Very smooth, very option-rich puzzles, and I love the enticement of risking my neck for those later out-of-the way XP orbs that hang out behind near-certain death. haha

Just today I've realized what the art direction reminds me of: Chrono Cross. This is a very very good thing. About the only thing I don't like are some of the boss fights which can be all trick and no fight.

Been looking to multiplayer, but none of my usual gaming buddies have it. SatelliteOfLove496 if anyone's interested.

Beat it yesterday with most XP orbs and phials acquired. I was generally impressed; the only part I didn't care for was the boss fights which did not promote learning or delicacy (respawn midfight!).

I loved the music and deep fairy tale aethstetic, all dialogue and background art reinforced this so well.

rcl66

Back when it came out on 360 right before Christmas I played the trial and immediately exited to the main menu and bought the full game and played for a while into chapter 2.

When I went back to play today the menu option said Start New Game - and I had no way to access my progress before. anyone have this issue?

S1kkZ

Back when it came out on 360 right before Christmas I played the trial and immediately exited to the main menu and bought the full game and played for a while into chapter 2.

When I went back to play today the menu option said Start New Game - and I had no way to access my progress before. anyone have this issue?

the game has no autosave.

netguy503

Anyone want to join me quickly for a game? I only need three trophies to plat: getting eaten by the plant with all three characters, catching three arrows in the knight's shield, and building 8 platforms with the magician. Can anyone on Ps3 help me soonish/ will you be on? My PSN is :Netguy503. Thank you.

Also is there voice chat in the PS3 version? I was trying to talk to people today but was getting no responses.

Grisby

Bought on ps3. Game looks kinda blurry, like Resistance. After getting used to it though, the game is a lot of fun.

Didn't remember the original on ps3 being this blurry. About how many lvls are there?

Seanspeed

Banned
My roommate got me a 1600 point XboxLive card for Christmas/B-Day, so I got this game.

Its sooooo gorgeous. Problem is that he's always wanting to play Battlefield and I cant convince him to play this game instead. I'm about to just continue on solo, but I'd really like to play it co-op.

BeeDog

Didn't know there was a Trine 2 demo on the US PSN store, so decided to try it out. The game looks mindblowingly good aside from an overall softness; is the game sub-HD or is the AA method simply very aggressive?

Either way, the game is as fun as ever, and it really helps that the game seems to run at an almost rock-solid 30 fps.

Top Bottom