• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Declares Opioid Crisis a National Emergency

Sums it up.

Understand that black and brown folk are watching this newfound compassion for drug addicts unfold with thinly veiled disgust and abject angst. Where was this tender love and compassion for the last 30 years when our people needed more help and less prison bars?

Nah, fuck this. Lock them up too. 10 year sentences for repeat meth/heroin offenders. Let's see how those broken homes and families do. Felony convictions so they become unemployable and no education in those prisons so they gain no meaningful skills during their time.

Let the cops start shooting first and asking questions later. These meth/heroin addict friends and family members of you guys were certainly no angels and deserve neither mercy nor quarter, just like all those black and brown bodies that found their way to similar addictions and struggles for similar reasons and disappeared into statistics, penitentiaries and cemeteries. Let them get to know the merciless criminal justice system as we do.
I was going to post something similar, but you did it so much better.

I'm sorry anyone has to deal with an addiction in their household, family and/or friendships, but understand that POC have been dealing with this for a longer time and there was no sympathy, only demonizing.

Also, ALSO, if you believe that movie Kill The Messenger, minority drug addiction could have been funded by the government.
So, excuse me if this SoE irks me.

VariantX

Sums it up.

Understand that black and brown folk are watching this newfound compassion for drug addicts unfold with thinly veiled disgust and abject angst. Where was this tender love and compassion for the last 30 years when our people needed more help and less prison bars?

Nah, fuck this. Lock them up too. 10 year sentences for repeat meth/heroin offenders. Let's see how those broken homes and families do. Felony convictions so they become unemployable and no education in those prisons so they gain no meaningful skills during their time.

Let the cops start shooting first and asking questions later. These meth/heroin addict friends and family members of you guys were certainly no angels and deserve neither mercy nor quarter, just like all those black and brown bodies that found their way to similar addictions and struggles for similar reasons and disappeared into statistics, penitentiaries and cemeteries. Let them get to know the merciless criminal justice system as we do.

Would carve this truth into stone if I could. Its the same pattern we see over and over again. Nothing is ever a problem to be treated with the slightest bit of compassion, until it effects white people in America. And even then, its really not even all white people, its specifically the white middle class on up. The poor white population is really just a buffer from the black and brown people as they were perfectly fine watching them struggle and suffer with addiction too.

I just want to point out that the government purposefully distributed coke into every major city in the country as well as enforced strict drugs laws that targeted black and brown people.

and that black people are more likely to be jailed for weed than a white person, who is just as if not more likely to use pot. Marijuana is legal in states with less black people in them.

Would carve this truth into stone if I could. Its the same pattern we see over and over again. Nothing is ever a problem to be treated with the slightest bit of compassion, until it effects white people in America. And even then, its really not even all white people, its specifically the white middle class on up. The poor white population is really just a buffer from the black and brown people as they were perfectly fine watching them struggle and suffer with addiction too.

It doesn't affect them until it starts affecting them. One of the oldest rules in this country. You right, you so right.

Top Bottom